Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia + Global Warming

Australia + Global Warming

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:02 am
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australia + Global Warming

this is what the world will be like in 2050 with another 4 degree added to the temperature---

+4.4°: Melting ice caps displace millions

Rapidly-rising temperatures in the Arctic put Siberian permafrost in the melt zone, releasing vast quantities of methane and CO2. Global temperatures keep on rising rapidly in consequence. Melting ice-caps and sea level rises displace more than 100 million people, particularly in Bangladesh, the Nile Delta and Shanghai. Heatwaves and drought make much of the sub-tropics uninhabitable: large-scale migration even takes place within Europe, where deserts are growing in southern Spain, Italy and Greece. More than half of wild species are wiped out, in the worst mass extinction since the end of the dinosaurs. Agriculture collapses in Australia.

australia is toast.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Wol;4358113]
Originally Posted by dollydaydream2

With respect, you are living in cloud cukoo land <g>.

I forgot to mention that the Bush administration has for years been assiduously rubbishing, denigrating and in some cases sacking scientists in many official research labs who have the temerity to give the best interpretation of the data coming in over the last century.

Try Googling I think Hansen of NOAA, who was subject to the full blast from the oil/Bush power base.
I'm living in cloud cukoo land Are you replying to me, or the original post from The Murphsters?

Dolly (I'm the green writing, I thought it was appropriate)

Last edited by Dolly; Feb 3rd 2007 at 11:57 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:59 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
this is what the world will be like in 2050 with another 4 degree added to the temperature---

+4.4°: Melting ice caps displace millions

Rapidly-rising temperatures in the Arctic put Siberian permafrost in the melt zone, releasing vast quantities of methane and CO2. Global temperatures keep on rising rapidly in consequence. Melting ice-caps and sea level rises displace more than 100 million people, particularly in Bangladesh, the Nile Delta and Shanghai. Heatwaves and drought make much of the sub-tropics uninhabitable: large-scale migration even takes place within Europe, where deserts are growing in southern Spain, Italy and Greece. More than half of wild species are wiped out, in the worst mass extinction since the end of the dinosaurs. Agriculture collapses in Australia.

australia is toast.

I'm pissing myself! Who told you that?! Why do you believe such utter drivel?! Good God you sound like the person who wrote 'walking with dinosours' or some such shit. 'Nelly the 32.5tonne claxiosaurus tends to her calfs whilst......
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:53 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
What happened to the hole in the Ozone layer, that was supposed to kill us all but now their saying it does'nt exist or its not as bad as they thought, all these doomsday predictions by scienstists are wrong, even if they are right by the time global warming gets to be a serious problem in 50 - 100 years l'll be dead so l don't care.
You are either very stupid or a tosser.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:26 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northerner

I'm pissing myself! Who told you that?! Why do you believe such utter drivel?! Good God you sound like the person who wrote 'walking with dinosours' or some such shit. 'Nelly the 32.5tonne claxiosaurus tends to her calfs whilst......
who do i believe? a septic anonymous internet spastic, or someone who writes articles in the independent? idiots like you give humanity a bad name.

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2211566.ece
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:45 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
who do i believe? a septic anonymous internet spastic, or someone who writes articles in the independent? idiots like you give humanity a bad name.

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2211566.ece
l think the mods will close this thread down soon, getting as bit nasty
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:48 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
You are either very stupid or a tosser.
l can't decide which one l am, l'll tosser a coin.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:10 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NedKelly
The space is irrelevent, it's the weight that's important.
So empty aircraft don't burn fuel?

Weight is also an issue but the number of passengers is also a factor.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
Because first/business class pax take up more room, so each aircraft is able to hold fewer pax, so more aircraft are required to fly a given number of pax with a 2 or 3 class configuration than with a single class configuration, so more emissions.
That arguement might seem to have some merit but airlines have slots and fly according to a schedule. if every plane was full and the airlne flew extra planes to move the passengers then I would agree with you but all the planes are not full all the time. Often when seats are overbooked in scumbag class some lucky people get upgrades to the spare seats in business/first. Should they have to pay double tax?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by temptininnit
So empty aircraft don't burn fuel?
Don't be stupid.

Originally Posted by temptininnit
Weight is also an issue but the number of passengers is also a factor.
So why doesn't the government tax large planes that carry more passengers per tonne of fuel less than smaller planes. Also why don't they tax a 12 hour flight to Singapore 4 times as much as a flight to Malta?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:08 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

That arguement might seem to have some merit but airlines have slots and fly according to a schedule. if every plane was full and the airlne flew extra planes to move the passengers then I would agree with you but all the planes are not full all the time. Often when seats are overbooked in scumbag class some lucky people get upgrades to the spare seats in business/first. Should they have to pay double tax?
You have to think about it on the global scale, not looking at an individual flight. Schedules are determined by demand. It is simple economics.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:06 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Don't be stupid.

So why doesn't the government tax large planes that carry more passengers per tonne of fuel less than smaller planes. Also why don't they tax a 12 hour flight to Singapore 4 times as much as a flight to Malta?
You never know where Gordon's next stealth tax will come from, I hope you haven't just given him an idea!!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:17 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

I thought i would resurrect this thread, the link below is to a film made by Ch4 and shown last week, i found on Youtube, very interesting...

The Great Global Warming Swindle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newton
Daft question, but....

Does anyone consider where Australia's climate will be in 10 - 50 years and would it effect your decision to emigrate?

Ive read some pretty scary stuff about water shortages / heat etc... e.g

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10421763
Apparently in 30 years time Scotland will be the best place in the world for vineyards but at the same time if Iceland starts melting the whole of the UK will be under water............best thing is to move to Oz?!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
I thought i would resurrect this thread, the link below is to a film made by Ch4 and shown last week, i found on Youtube, very interesting...

The Great Global Warming Swindle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU
What a good thread to revive.

If I may add my two pence worth, Global Warming is a great scam devised to get extra tax out of the populous and is nothing to do with man's activities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.