Australia Day??

Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia Day??

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Sounds like a day out to me
It would have to be lamingtons, pav (yep say it like a local), vegemite sandwiches and a few pies perhaps to be in keeping with the Australia day theme

I hear that Yeppoon is a nice spot.
as long as I dont get hit wi a Lamington I hate the bloody things, and might get coconut in me eye lol

Yeppoon is a fab place, gorg beaches we love it
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
as long as I dont get hit wi a Lamington I hate the bloody things, and might get coconut in me eye lol

Yeppoon is a fab place, gorg beaches we love it
LOL

I know, they aren't nice, can't understand why people like them. My son loves them, he is such little Aussie, bless him, he has vegemite sandwiches nearly everyday

Hope you have a great day on Australia Day
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:34 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL

I know, they aren't nice, can't understand why people like them. My son loves them, he is such little Aussie, bless him, he has vegemite sandwiches nearly everyday

Hope you have a great day on Australia Day
Thankyou and you too
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:20 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
because when the son is an adult he may chose to come and live in the land of his birth. Arkon could potentially want to come and live here to be near him and possible grandkids. Citizenship makes that possible without having to fork out for more visas.
NB you need to stop it now, your starting to scare me. You're right though, I've spent the money, paid my taxes, given up my home and business, added to the Australian population and regardless of the obviouse reasons for wanting citizenship for the future and to cater for whatever my boy might foolishly decide to do, I feel that I deserve to at least get the peice of paper for all my troubles.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
NB you need to stop it now, your starting to scare me. You're right though, I've spent the money, paid my taxes, given up my home and business, added to the Australian population and regardless of the obviouse reasons for wanting citizenship for the future and to cater for whatever my boy might foolishly decide to do, I feel that I deserve to at least get the peice of paper for all my troubles.

Between you and me, NB is scaring me too.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:43 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, in front of the whole town! - hope they aren't bringing rotten fruit and veg with them :
Might be an expensive day out

Tracey
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Might be an expensive day out

Tracey
PMSL

(that is the first time I have used that abbreviation, hope I got it right!)
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:24 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL

(that is the first time I have used that abbreviation, hope I got it right!)
Passed My Sell-by Label are you sure?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Passed My Sell-by Label are you sure?
I think this calls for another PMSL
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And that was a predictable one Actually, it was quite wordy for you G
Yep. He's the master of the little dig and no mistake - never one to see an argument fade away, when a little throwaway line can re-ignite the fires and he can watch from the sidelines - never getting fully involved, but happy to snipe...
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I might not agree with you on how you see Australia, not by a long chalk but on this I agree with you. No need to be afraid its still the same old me inside just trying to be more tollerant, even of folk like assensach.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:57 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have several unrelated comments on this thread so far (none of which are Arkon-bashing - there are enough doing that ):

In 6 pages I only counted one post (not until the 23rd - well done Vash) actually refers to the significance of Australia Day (and yet so many people are ranting on about citizenship - no one mentioned responsibilities that come with it like fighting for Australia in a war)

We have friends who have applied for their citizenship in the ward of Joondalup and the waiting list is about 6 months.

What is the obsession with fireworks??? We went to the ones at Hillarys before Xmas - spent two hours waiting for them and 45 minutes getting out of the car park just for 15 minutes of flash / bang

I have no idea why anyone would want to go into the city for Skyworks in the small hours to set up a camp site so they can be sit in the middle of a riot caused by pi55ed up teenagers just for said fireworks.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I might not agree with you on how you see Australia, not by a long chalk but on this I agree with you. No need to be afraid its still the same old me inside just trying to be more tollerant, even of folk like assensach.
NB do you spell his name wrong on purpose?

Originally Posted by worzel
I have several unrelated comments on this thread so far (none of which are Arkon-bashing - there are enough doing that ):

In 6 pages I only counted one post (not until the 23rd - well done Vash) actually refers to the significance of Australia Day (and yet so many people are ranting on about citizenship - no one mentioned responsibilities that come with it like fighting for Australia in a war)

We have friends who have applied for their citizenship in the ward of Joondalup and the waiting list is about 6 months.

What is the obsession with fireworks??? We went to the ones at Hillarys before Xmas - spent two hours waiting for them and 45 minutes getting out of the car park just for 15 minutes of flash / bang

I have no idea why anyone would want to go into the city for Skyworks in the small hours to set up a camp site so they can be sit in the middle of a riot caused by pi55ed up teenagers just for said fireworks.
Agree with you there Worzel. Hillarys fireworks were not worth getting out of bed for My birthday is on Bonfire night so fireworks are not my thing, been around too long to get excited about them
I'm still unsure what Oz day is all about, so i suppose i'll just pretend and head to the pub
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel

We went last year and didn't witness any such violence. Lovely day with like minded people. We were there for 5pm and were home for 10pm.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
NB do you spell his name wrong on purpose?

Agree with you there Worzel. Hillarys fireworks were not worth getting out of bed for My birthday is on Bonfire night so fireworks are not my thing, been around too long to get excited about them
I'm still unsure what Oz day is all about, so i suppose i'll just pretend and head to the pub
me, something so childish, never

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.