Aussie films

Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:43 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie films

Originally Posted by jodesmc
You're a bad woman flo..................! shocker of a movie, won loads of awards though...

OMG! How could I forget Bad Boy Bubby!Bizarre movie.....

I know it's NZ, not Oz, but has anyone seen Bad Taste? Peter Jackson's early attempt at spoof horror.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:29 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Aussie films

Originally Posted by webgum
I'd forgotten about Dead Calm - still scary after 5 or 6 viewings. Razorback - was that the one about the giant rampaging pig?

yeah, Dead Calm was pretty tense... and Razorback was the giant rampaging wild boar creature... both good films for the genre...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:31 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bundy
OMG! How could I forget Bad Boy Bubby!Bizarre movie.....

I know it's NZ, not Oz, but has anyone seen Bad Taste? Peter Jackson's early attempt at spoof horror.
yeah, I've seen Bad Taste.. seen a few Peter Jackson films before he got into mainstream stuff.. thought they were all a bit wacky
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:50 am
GoldMember(AustinPowers)

SprintST1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Aussie films

Here's one - sorry - can't remember the name it was so goddamn dreadfully, dreadfully awful... Started with a guy coming home on his birthday & finding a video on the table marked "play me". His wife & kids were on it saying happy birthday, next the kids are sent out she does an embarrassing striptease & starts complaining about his endless psychological & sexual abuse of her (whilst she bonks the next door neighbour). Then says she's leaving him & taking the kids & has done everything to ensure they'll never be seen (by him) again.

Horiffic, dreadful, dreadful film. Bad acting, lousy story, cheap, awful, & miserable. If you recognise the description on a video - don't waste your life.

If anyone recognises this please remind me never to watch it again.
Ugh.

Apart from that - think most Oz films are pretty OK!
Mike
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Good aussie films:

Wog Boy
The Castle
Mad Max
The Man Who Sued God (Billy Connelly)
Muriel's Wedding
Strictly Ballroom
Walkabout (swimming scene!)
The Dish
Crocodile Dundee!

Is bad boy bubby about a lad who sh*gs his mum then finds lurve with a girl?
I enjoyed it (not for the motherly love bits though!)

Watched a film years ago about a lad who became an aussie rules player, smoked dope before he went out to play and stood staring at a seagull overhead while the game went on.
Anyone remember that?

Andy.

PS - been to Hangin Rock and they have a visitor's centre with loads of stuff about it. Doesn't mean it's true i suppose!

Last edited by cadman; Nov 18th 2004 at 9:10 am.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Watched a film years ago about a lad who became an aussie rules player, smoked dope before he went out to play and stood staring at a seagull overhead while the game went on.
Anyone?

Andy.
LOL! Nope, sorry, can't help. But I can offer a film with the girl off Secret Life of Us who was some sports player, got paralysed, learned to walk again (the usual).
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

LOL! Nope, sorry, can't help. But I can offer a film with the girl off Secret Life of Us who was some sports player, got paralysed, learned to walk again (the usual).
Exactly the sort of film I have to keep my wife away from!
If she sees 5 mins of one of those (i.e. personal tragedy, mental impairment etc.) then she's hooked!

The Secret Life of Us - liked that, and was it Heartbreak High?

Guy Pearce - good in Momento (even though a Us film and I still din't know who killed his wife at the end of the film!)

Aussie TV programs I used to watch:

Neighbours
Home and Away
The Sullivans
A Country Practice
Sons and Daughters
Cell Block
Skippy

Andy
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:22 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by cadman
Exactly the sort of film I have to keep my wife away from!
If she sees 5 mins of one of those (i.e. personal tragedy, mental impairment etc.) then she's hooked!
Well don't tell her it's called Never Tell Me Never (says it all):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138652/

Champion skier crippled in a car accident, told she will never walk again, ends up becoming a pilot

Yep, Heartbreak High was great. And the Henderson Kids.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough

Never Tell Me Never, read the book, fantastic,,,didn't realise there was a movie. I did shed a tear reading it, it's a true story and all. I did see Puberty Blues as a young 'un, fantastic film, and written by Kathy Lette as well. Did anyone see Somersault recently, heard good things about that as well.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:41 am
frozen to the keyboard

Smile Re: Aussie films

not a film I know, but I loved all 3 series of Seachange.... fantastic music too...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:44 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
not a film I know, but I loved all 3 series of Seachange.... fantastic music too...
Ahhh, happy memories of Barwon Heads before Seachange started. The first night I ever spent in Oz was at a campsite in Barwon (long story)...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:47 am
frozen to the keyboard

Ahhh, happy memories of Barwon Heads before Seachange started. The first night I ever spent in Oz was at a campsite in Barwon (long story)...
I gather the filimg of Seachange at Barwon Heads wrecked the place then? Not all that surprising... but sad though... and how on earth did you end up camping on your first night in Oz then???
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Reliable. another based on a true story. great ending.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mr_reliable/

soapy
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough

Two Hands, with Heath Ledger is another classic, hysterical, and who can forget the Man From Snowy River, and Phar Lap? They just keep popping in to my head now......
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:29 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
I gather the filimg of Seachange at Barwon Heads wrecked the place then? Not all that surprising... but sad though... and how on earth did you end up camping on your first night in Oz then???

Are you sitting comfortably? Well, I had this penpal called Marj from the age of 13 (sad, I know, but she's the reason I first went to Oz, so I owe her a lot). When I was 18 I took a gap year and went to Australia. Marj lived in Geelong but she finished her VCE exams the day before I arrived, and passed her driving test the day before that and she and all her mates had organised to spend a few days camping at Barwon so that they could get drunk, mainly. I turned up at 6am and we pretty much went straight to the campsite. Hence my first night in Oz was spent camping at Barwon Heads. And very nice it was too (what I remember of it )

Barwon was beautiful, very quiet, just a golf course, the campsite, a bus stop and a chippy. Not like that now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.