Aussie films

Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:47 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie films

Best - Gallipolli
Worst - Idiot Box.

We had a chat about 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' while back and apparently despite touted about as being a true story, it's completely made up.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:49 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

I just knew that if anyone would know it would be you!
I would certainly want you on my team in a pub quiz

Many thanks

PS it was a okay film.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:53 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by debbiemc
for me, bridget jones diary, still makes me howl and i bet i,ve watched it 50 times
l did'nt know that was an Aussie film , well you learn something new everyday

Last edited by aussie73; Nov 16th 2004 at 10:03 pm.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
l did'nt know that was an Aussie film , well you learn soething new everyday
It's not, it's UK.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243155/

Best Aussie films: Mad Max, Chopper.

Worst: Priscilla, Queen of the desert, what a load of tosh.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:05 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's not, it's UK.
l know its not, l was being sarcastic.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
l know its not, l was being sarcastic.
check
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:17 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by Amazulu
check
l meant to say l know that it is not an Aussie film, its a British film.

Last edited by aussie73; Nov 16th 2004 at 10:20 pm.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:23 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Hell, I just replied to this, at length, then pressed the wrong button. Nothing to do with red wine........at all.....
Anyway, what I was saying before my errant fingers rudely interrupted was -

does anyone remember Tim - a very early Mel film. He played a young guy with learning difficulties who has a relationship with the woman he is odd jobbing ('scuse me) for. I fell in love with him at this point. My love was hightened by the first two Max Max films (the second one was on the telly in the last few weeks yum yum Mel).
The Castle, Chopper (humour value only), Strictly ballroom and pleeeease no one diss Priscilla, if only for Guy Pearce's buttocks in that extremely fetching cutaway number he walks up onto the top of King's Canyon in.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by webgum
Hell, I just replied to this, at length, then pressed the wrong button. Nothing to do with red wine........at all.....
Anyway, what I was saying before my errant fingers rudely interrupted was -

does anyone remember Tim - a very early Mel film. He played a young guy with learning difficulties who has a relationship with the woman he is odd jobbing ('scuse me) for. I fell in love with him at this point. My love was hightened by the first two Max Max films (the second one was on the telly in the last few weeks yum yum Mel).
The Castle, Chopper (humour value only), Strictly ballroom and pleeeease no one diss Priscilla, if only for Guy Pearce's buttocks in that extremely fetching cutaway number he walks up onto the top of King's Canyon in.

The film 'Tim' was on last Wednesday in the afternoon!! - BBC1 i think (although of little use now :s)
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:44 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by darkless
The film 'Tim' was on last Wednesday in the afternoon!! - BBC1 i think (although of little use now :s)
OMG if I'd known I'd have taped it. Did you watch, I'm sure it's crap really, but the eye candy is great! Actually, I think Mel's acting is a bit dubious in it, ouch that hurts.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

OMG if I'd known I'd have taped it. Did you watch, I'm sure it's crap really, but the eye candy is great! Actually, I think Mel's acting is a bit dubious in it, ouch that hurts.
I didn't - I work from home and the reason I remember is because my wife was off sick from work last Wednesday and she watched it - she did say that Mel look *really* young - seduced by an older woman or summat like that!!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:52 pm
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by darkless
my wife was off sick from work last Wednesday and she watched it -
I expect she saw the schedule and realised a day off was in order!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I expect she saw the schedule and realised a day off was in order!
No comment!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:59 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I remember 'Tim'.

As for the Kylie film - it was definitely Sample People:

http://www.loaded247.co.uk/index.php?s=2&id=7929

And I quote from one review:

'Want to see Kylie as a sex-mad, gun-toting, coke-snorting hooker?'

Now watch the men flock to buy it
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:27 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of my favorite Aussie movies are:

Romper Stomper
The Sum of Us
Man from Snowy River
Silver Brumby
Storm Boy
Puberty Blues
Bangkok Hilton(Mini Series on TV)
Dons Party
Breaker Morant
Under the Lighthouse Dancing.

There are probably loads more...but these are just off the top of my head.

Cant actually think of any I didnt particularly like.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.