Aussie films

Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:43 am
Mel Gibson

Default Aussie films

There have been some really good aussie films made over the years, but there
have also been some really dreadful ones.
Whats your favourite and worst Aussie films.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:01 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie films

Best - The Castle, Priscilla, Strictly Ballroom, Rabbit Proof Fence.

Worst - Im sure there are some, just cant think of any atm!

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Nov 16th 2004 at 5:02 am. Reason: k/b typos
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:03 am
aussie73

Anyone seen the film ' Strange bedfellows' l thought it was really good.

Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:08 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mel Gibson

Anyone seen "Chopper" with Eric Bana(hulk/troy) in it before he was famous.
Based on a true story??
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Muriel's Wedding was good
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:31 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mel Gibson
I loved 'The Dish'.

Can't nominate a 'worst' movie, as it is a well known fact that Aussies are genetically incapable of making bad ones

Anya.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:38 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Favourites: The Dish, The Castle, Two Hands (Heath Ledger...mmm), Romper Stomper, Chopper, Rabbit Proof Fence, The Nugget (classic), Looking for Alibrandi, Ned Kelly, Shine, Man from Snowy River..............

Least favourites: that one with Kylie in it and lots of drug taking (Sample People, I think)
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
Muriel's Wedding was good

You're terrible !
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
You're terrible !
Thirded, Muriel's Wedding is a great film And The Dish ... and The Castle.

Can't think of a bad one ... but that's because I don't think I've seen another Aussie film ...
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

I forgot The Wizard Of Oz ... I was never keen on that.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bundy
Favourites: The Dish, The Castle, Two Hands (Heath Ledger...mmm), Romper Stomper, Chopper, Rabbit Proof Fence, The Nugget (classic), Looking for Alibrandi, Ned Kelly, Shine, Man from Snowy River..............

Least favourites: that one with Kylie in it and lots of drug taking (Sample People, I think)
You're not thinking of "The Deliquents" for the Kylie film are you? I remember that ... that was BAD ...
http://www.123pricecheck.com/cgi-bin...O&Format=VIDEO
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Hi all,
Muriels wedding, Strictly ballroom, The Heartbreak kid, great Aussie films.

I'm sure there are loads of dodgy ones but none that I can recall except maybe Pricsilla Queen of the Desert or something like that!

Cheers
Ady
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:37 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

What was that film about a group of school girls from a private school, that went missing while picnicking at some rocks, set at the turn of the century and based on a true story (I think). Some where never seen again and some turned up days later unable to remember where they had been or what had happen to the others.

Then there is Muriel’s Wedding and Strictly Ballroom
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

for me, bridget jones diary, still makes me howl and i bet i,ve watched it 50 times
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
What was that film about a group of school girls from a private school, that went missing while picnicking at some rocks, set at the turn of the century and based on a true story (I think). Some where never seen again and some turned up days later unable to remember where they had been or what had happen to the others.

Then there is Muriel’s Wedding and Strictly Ballroom
That'll be Picnic At Hanging Rock?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...76741?v=glance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.