Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashes - Trent Bridge

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Too true. I look like i have developed a nervous twitch lying here on the couch. Nearly every ball my legs jerk as i think they're gonna be out.

Geez! there i go again..that was out!! WOOOHOO!
Hayden out lbw. A man fixing your pipes couldn't have been plumber!.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

omg! 21-2

I'll need a visit to the doctors at this rate
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ponting lbw for 1!. He was a bit unlucky though.

21-2
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Not unlucky it was another plumber!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have i fallen asleep and dreamt it?

22 - 3
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Have i fallen asleep and dreamt it?

22 - 3
Martyn was unlucky!, he definitely hit the ball. Agree about Ponting though.

This is great stuff.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Langer out for 27. 58-4. Hoggard is bowling really well.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

58 for 4

Come on England
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

OOOOOOOOH!!..nearly got another one then
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

It was a great days cricket, just like the whole series has been.

The Aussies have some problems:
They are not playing with enough bowlers, they need 5 not 4.
They lack a good allrounder like England & South Africa has.
Ponting is not a very good captain. The great captains of the past, Border, Taylor, Waugh are gone.
They are too old.
A lot of their players are living on their reputations. Warne for example, although one of their best players is nowhere as good as he was 5 years ago, although his batting is better.
England have a mental edge over them.
No team can be the best forever.

The balance of power is shifting & cricket will be better for it.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:39 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Overnight 99-5, if we can get Gilchrist cheaply, then they could be looking at following-on..............................fantastic.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:04 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ashes - Trent Bridge

Australia will lose this match and - I predict - this year's Ashes.

England deserves to win; she has fought long and hard for it (and 1987 was quite some time ago...!)

I don't know what's wrong with the Australian team; I only watch the cricket, I'm not qualified to analyse the respective deficiencies of the players. But one thing is clear: England have outclassed us this time.

Having said that, I do not agree with those who are already referring to the Poms as "the new champions", etc. A champion is not made overnight, but developed over a period of time. Even after winning the Ashes this year, the English will still be "a team that has just won the Ashes", not "the team that dominates international cricket."

You will beat us, but you will not take our baton quite so easily. For that, you must demonstrate a consistent standard of excellence over many years... as we have done.

Winning the Ashes for the best part of 10 years in a row would also help.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

OMG!

One of the best catches i ever seen from Strauss!

169 - 8 PMSL

Will England make them follow on? I bloody hope so!!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:08 am
Banned

Bizarre will become famous soon enough

OMG!

One of the best catches i ever seen from Strauss!

169 - 8 PMSL

Will England make them follow on? I bloody hope so!!
And it's all over red rover!

218 all out!!! Make them follow on and they may not even reach England's first innings total.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah hope they do. Got to bare in mind the risk of rain doing us out of a win. So i'd put them in, bowl them out again QUICKLY and see how much we are chasing, if anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.