British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Ashes - Trent Bridge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ashes-trent-bridge-322115/)

Siren & Brian Aug 25th 2005 8:45 am

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Ugggggggg Glen McGrath out. :(

Anastasia Beaverhausen Aug 25th 2005 8:49 am

Re: Ashes - Trent Bridge

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

Oh what a shame :D :D ;)

renth Aug 25th 2005 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Oh what a shame :D :D ;)

Conditions will suit Kasper.

OzTennis Aug 25th 2005 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

Phew, you had me worried there for a while, hopefully GleNN McGrath will still be playing. :D

This has certainly been an exciting Ashes series and what has been needed to inject a bit of life into the contests with the old enemy. Here's hoping the next 2 are as good as the last 2.

We just needed a bit more time at Old Trafford and Lee and McGrath would have got those last 50 odd runs needed for victory. :D

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

OzTennis :)

Bizarre Aug 25th 2005 8:52 am

OOH AAH Glenn McGrath. :beer:

My money is on England to do well and look like winning for much of the match and then when they realise they have a chance of beating the worlds greatest sporting nation they collapse and lose as usual. :beer:

Flutterscutter Aug 25th 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Phew, you had me worried there for a while, hopefully GleNN McGrath will still be playing. :D

This has certainly been an exciting Ashes series and what has been needed to inject a bit of life into the contests with the old enemy. Here's hoping the next 2 are as good as the last 2.

We just needed a bit more time at Old Trafford and Lee and McGrath would have got those last 50 odd runs needed for victory. :D

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Hes not playing OZ..

I think England will win this one. If Australia wins it they keep the ashes.

Vash the Stampede Aug 25th 2005 9:13 am

It's been a stunning Ashes series; I've never seen the two teams so closely matched as they are this year.

My money's on England to win; they've played hard for it and totally deserve it.

Cheers to both teams for some fantastic, heart-stopping cricket! :D

Flutterscutter Aug 25th 2005 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It's been a stunning Ashes series; I've never seen the two teams so closely matched as they are this year.

My money's on England to win; they've played hard for it and totally deserve it.

Cheers to both teams for some fantastic, heart-stopping cricket! :D

No, no, no, this surely cant be so. Did i read correctly you're Australian? And you just said England deserve to win? PMSL :D
You are gonna be in big trouble when Wombat reads this :scared:

OzTennis Aug 25th 2005 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Hes not playing OZ..

I think England will win this one. If Australia wins it they keep the ashes.

Sorry, you missed my dry cutting edge antipodean wit - it's Glenn with 2 n's not Glen with ....... ah forget it. :D

Flutterscutter Aug 25th 2005 9:33 am

Sorry, you missed my dry cutting edge antipodean wit - it's Glenn with 2 n's not Glen with ....... ah forget it. :D

ooops sorry.. wasnt concentrating. too busy trying to get the damn cork out of this bottle!! :mad:

OzTennis Aug 25th 2005 9:40 am

ooops sorry.. wasnt concentrating. too busy trying to get the damn cork out of this bottle!! :mad:

I'm too busy looking at your avatar! :D

wombat42 Aug 25th 2005 9:48 am

No, no, no, this surely cant be so. Did i read correctly you're Australian? And you just said England deserve to win? PMSL :D
You are gonna be in big trouble when Wombat reads this :scared:

If he is an Aussie and wants England to win l hope he has put his money where his big mouth is because he will lose it all because its going to be an Aussie victory.The only reason the Poms have played slightly better this time against the worlds greatest sporting nation in history is because of all the Aussie couches they bought or paid off to go over to England to teach them how to play cricket. But unfortunently for them no amount of money can buy the talent Aussie players have.

OzTennis Aug 25th 2005 10:19 am

Originally Posted by wombat42
If he is an Aussie and wants England to win l hope he has put his money where his big mouth is and loses it all because its going to be an Aussie victory.The only reason the Poms have played slightly better this time against the worlds greatest sporting nation in history is because of all the Aussie couches they bought or paid off to go over to England to teach them how to play cricket. But unfortunently for them no amount of money can buy talent.

Is that Aussie couch potatoes? :D

A bit of a reality check is needed Wombat. Flintoff, Harmison, Jones, Strauss, Vaughan et al are very good players and nothing/little to do with Aussie coaches. Peterson has something to do with SA coaches while Jones hails from Toowoomba. Much of the current Aussie side is reaching the end of their careers at the same time. The Clarke's, Lee's, Tait's etc have a lot to pick up to keep the 20 year success going. I don't think England will win this series but it will be close.

Flutterscutter Aug 25th 2005 10:25 am

Is that Aussie couch potatoes? :D

A bit of a reality check is needed Wombat. Flintoff, Harmison, Jones, Strauss, Vaughan et al are very good players and nothing/little to do with Aussie coaches. Peterson has something to do with SA coaches while Jones hails from Toowoomba. Much of the current Aussie side is reaching the end of their careers at the same time. The Clarke's, Lee's, Tait's etc have a lot to pick up to keep the 20 year success going. I don't think England will win this series but it will be close.

The tide is definitely turning. How old is Warne now?

BobbyDazzler Aug 25th 2005 10:26 am

Who's this chucker Tait they've brought in?

I've seen more accomplished cricketers playing on our village green after a night on the pop!

I'm almost tempted to dig out my moth ridden (and massively undersized) whites I used to wear, and make a comeback if this is the best the Aussies can come up with

It confirms what we in the UK have sensed for some time - this is the beginning of the end of Aussie cricket domination

The (cricketing) future is bright. The (cricketing) future is England!

C'ya at the GABBA!!