Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ashes - Trent Bridge

Channel 4's coverage of this and previous test series is, in my opinion, second to none and better than anything I've witnessed in the 20 odd years that I've been watching cricket

It's a travesty that after this year it will be moving to satellite TV thereby disadvantaging those who choose not to pay extra for decent sports coverage

Moving off topic somewhat, 2 weeks into the Premiership season I've had my fill of football based on the fact that we are now saturated with the game (the choice of at least one game per evening it seems) and the over-hyping of comparatively average footballers (remember the Denmark v England game?) by self-opinionated, so-called experts. It's to be hoped that cricket doesn't go down the same path although with Sky's adoption of 20/20 cricket (20 over slog to you and me) I fear the seeds have already been sewn.

If there's one consolation to be drawn from the conclusion of the 2005 cricket season and Channel 4's coverage, it's the rightful disappearance of those 2 annoying oiks who appear in the Betfair_dot_com commercials
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Whilst I recognise his superb cricketing abilities, it is tainted by my loathing of him as a man. He seems to have every trait i despise.
Of course i could have got him all wrong and he's really a very pleasant chappie and the media have been telling porkies about him all these years.
Warnie is meant to be a very pleasant chappie off the field and does a lot of good things that don't get heard of. The guy's main problem is that when he sees things like your avatar he can't help himself and only thinks of himself! When I was over recently I was getting my haircut, by a woman as it happens, and as soon as the subject of cricket was raised she spent all the time telling me what a 'mongrel' Warnie was for what he did to his wife and family.

OzTennis
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yeah, goes back to the days when he wore the diamond Nike 'swoosh' earring! Another one of the sponsors who have dropped Shane aka Warnie aka Holly.

OzTennis
...and what's with those outrageous pink/red cricket boots?

Is he lining up a new career as a tenpin bowler......or as a clown in the circus?

If it's the latter I wonder who'd be top of the bill? Warnie or ball jugger extraordinaire Matthew Hayden??? (with Kevin Pietersen standing-by )
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Warnie is meant to be a very pleasant chappie off the field and does a lot of good things that don't get heard of. The guy's main problem is that when he sees things like your avatar he can't help himself and only thinks of himself! When I was over recently I was getting my haircut, by a woman as it happens, and as soon as the subject of cricket was raised she spent all the time telling me what a 'mongrel' Warnie was for what he did to his wife and family.

OzTennis
Your hairdresser probably voices the opinions of many women and thats my problem with him too. Every time i see him, his wife and kids pop straight into my head.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Channel 4's coverage of this and previous test series is, in my opinion, second to none and better than anything I've witnessed in the 20 odd years that I've been watching cricket

It's a travesty that after this year it will be moving to satellite TV thereby disadvantaging those who choose not to pay extra for decent sports coverage

Moving off topic somewhat, 2 weeks into the Premiership season I've had my fill of football based on the fact that we are now saturated with the game (the choice of at least one game per evening it seems) and the over-hyping of comparatively average footballers (remember the Denmark v England game?) by self-opinionated, so-called experts. It's to be hoped that cricket doesn't go down the same path although with Sky's adoption of 20/20 cricket (20 over slog to you and me) I fear the seeds have already been sewn.

If there's one consolation to be drawn from the conclusion of the 2005 cricket season and Channel 4's coverage, it's the rightful disappearance of those 2 annoying oiks who appear in the Betfair_dot_com commercials
I agree with most of your comments on the Channel 4 commentary team. Geoffrey Boycott spoils it for me, every time he comes into the box the mute goes on in our house! Unusually (or maybe predictably because it diminishes his importance) he is most savage on Vaughan. I've heard the Geoffrey Boycott batting masterclass soooo many times! The betfair guys I don't mind actually. Hawkeye technology is the biggest improvement to cricket (and tennis etc) coverage and this of course isn't Ch 4's exclusive domain.

OzTennis
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It has been Fantastic, I've got to say this has been the ultimate sporting duel, in which to be a fence sitter. Been loving stirring both the Poms and Aussies at work with my "my teams going to win" whichever way the game has been rolling.

What I've really learned about cricket, above all other sports, in this series, it really is the way the game is played more than anything eh ?

I couldn't see my self being so neutral in a game that really matters to me like Football though. I still don't know which country I would pick in that Circumstance.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your hairdresser probably voices the opinions of many women and thats my problem with him too. Every time i see him, his wife and kids pop straight into my head.
Yeah but the possibility of another 'Gatting ball' also pops into my head as well. Most men think the same as the hairdresser I'm sure.

OzTennis
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Yeah but the possibility of another 'Gatting ball' also pops into my head as well. Most men think the same as the hairdresser I'm sure.

OzTennis

Yeah, thats another reason i cant stand him...lol

Game about to start. At least its not going to rain (according to the weathermen)
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

5 for!

OzTennis
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
If you had toddlers, you'd know that they are 'Big cook, Little cook' from Cbeebies & agree that they are annoying!.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If you had toddlers, you'd know that they are 'Big cook, Little cook' from Cbeebies & agree that they are annoying!.

If only they'd show us how to make a casserole........out of themselves!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:55 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Any other Enlish cricket fans getting a warm fuzzy feeling?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeteY
Any other Enlish cricket fans getting a warm fuzzy feeling?

Very much so. Good innings for England.

Bring on the Aussie batsmen!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Very much so. Good innings for England.

Bring on the Aussie batsmen!!
England are bowling well. Hayden & Langer have been a bit lucky.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
England are bowling well. Hayden & Langer have been a bit lucky.

Too true. I look like i have developed a nervous twitch lying here on the couch. Nearly every ball my legs jerk as i think they're gonna be out.

Geez! there i go again..that was out!! WOOOHOO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.