Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anything negative!!!

anything negative!!!

Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

KILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really nice
Red face anything negative!!!

Hi,
Anybody got anything negative to say about life in Oz? It's something we will always regret not emigrating when we had the chance many moons ago. So it will make me feel a little better about the decision if I could read some negative comments. Come on, cheer me up while I look out at pouring rain, pleaaaaase? Anything???
killielass
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:58 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anything negative!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:00 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't get Carling on tap here
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:06 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

- The two dollar coins are a stupid size.
- Driving is more aggressive here (generally of course)
- The mossies, flies, etc, etc
- Can't get a decent pint of Guinness
- The choice of 'newspapers' is woeful
- A comedian called 'Austen Tayshus' is allowed to exist
- Tried supporting Oz against everyone but England (as was my original philosophy) but still want them to lose, especially at cricket ... makes watching live international sport a bit of a conundrum
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

KILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really niceKILLIELASS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Don't drink Carling but cheers honey.
Take care,
killielass.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markallwood
Thanks honey, I will make my way down all the neg threads and it might make me feel better!
Take care,
killielass.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:50 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
ha ha!!

I'm not sure whether or not you are being sarcastic. But that only makes it even funnier.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:54 am
Account Open

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
- The choice of 'newspapers' is woeful
The courier mail is all you need. Who needs to read about world affairs, when you can read about the interesting lives of qld state politicians?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Ha...try the West Australian..boy don't they know they hold the state monopoly on daily papers.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Depends on if you're a glass half full or half empty kinda person.

I love it here as do my kids. But then we moved to live in Aus and not some extension of the UK
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:20 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Depends on if you're a glass half full or half empty kinda person.

I love it here as do my kids. But then we moved to live in Aus and not some extension of the UK
Yeh, we KNOW all that ... but have you got anything negative to say?

Read the original post!

COME ON say it woman!

Must be SOMETHING, hell, I can make something up, hold on, here it comes <squeeze> ... 'The adverts DURING the programmes are really irritating'.

See, s'easy, innit?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
- The two dollar coins are a stupid size.
Not as stupid as the £2 coin. What's the point of having a coin that is twice the weight and twice the size when it is only twice the value of another coin. You may as well have two £1 coins. At least the $2 coin reduces the strain on your pocket.

I know that makes the 10c and 20c coins stupid but we inherited them from the Brits.

Can you tell that I was a fan of the 20p coin?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KILLIELASS
Don't drink Carling but cheers honey.
Take care,
killielass.
Neither do I, it's foul tasting stuff.

Just like VB
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:37 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

That gets me........... when I'm rooting through the change in my purse (i'm not allowed to have notes I always go for the bigger coin thinkin it's of more value!

Is the 50 cent piece on steroids too?

Carmel
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the way the Aussie woman call a bra a pair of bras. Two cups one bra not a pair of bras!!!!:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.