Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with a big house with a pool??

Anyone with a big house with a pool??

Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with a big house with a pool??

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We are told, our pool is 120,000 litres... was thinking of solar heating for it, as I took a FARKN STOOPID RUN AND JUMP the other day, and my nipples snapped off !!!

I was rescued some hrs later from the top of a palm tree !!!

Will look into Solar Pool Heating.

The firm I contract to, sell the pumped heating systems, that basically work off an immersion, as much the same as any thru put system. Solar appeals to me, but the long black, tubing spaghetti on the roof, doth putteth me orf !

Ste

Welcome your Opininons and suggestions as can always be guaranteed lol

Easy answer for you Ste - erect large shed suitable oriented and put nasty black tubing in the side of the roof you can't see.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillysm
Easy answer for you Ste - erect large shed suitable oriented and put nasty black tubing in the side of the roof you can't see.
Pure genius GILL.

lol

Was looking for specific info ya dillpickle

How areya ? hows the website going ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

From someone who spends there days pouring through realestate.com i think property is considerably cheaper than the UK - at least where i am looking which is Sydney.
Why - because you cant compare prices in Sydney with say barnsley or leicester, thats not a true comparison, they have to be compared to London. We are looking at appartments in nice areas of Sydney, and think that we could rent for $500 per week. Try getting something in central London for that. Or put anotherway, realestate has a great 2 bed appartment for sale with harbour views for under half a million $, so i had a look at foxtons in London to compare and i would need to spend 2 - 3 million $ for something similar
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We are told, our pool is 120,000 litres... was thinking of solar heating for it, as I took a FARKN STOOPID RUN AND JUMP the other day, and my nipples snapped off !!!

I was rescued some hrs later from the top of a palm tree !!!

Will look into Solar Pool Heating.

The firm I contract to, sell the pumped heating systems, that basically work off an immersion, as much the same as any thru put system. Solar appeals to me, but the long black, tubing spaghetti on the roof, doth putteth me orf !

Ste

Welcome your Opininons and suggestions as can always be guaranteed lol
We were told that our pool held 65,000 litres and it actually holds 48,000 after working it out. The size of my pool is 30 foot x 13 foot.

I got my OH to work it out properly using this site: http://www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk/volcalc.htm
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:40 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, check out pool thermostat, a nice 26c. Jumped straight in only to find that the pool had cooled to 23c , and the sun was just heating the top 50cm.

Solar heating due in the next couple of weeks, once they find a guy to do the trenching.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:10 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazah
wages are a joke i was on a £100 a hr in uk fixing computers here in aus only want to pay me $50 as if so im retraining in real estate
Originally Posted by >Trigger<
100 pounds an hour....blimey shoulda stayed in the UK mate,might of had a big house with a pool..
Holy Moola Batman ! at £100 per hour you would have been pulling in close to 160k a year in the UK. You were rollling in the hay !

Even getting 'only' a $50 an hour contract, that's still approx $80k a year. Nothing wrong with that