Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with a big house with a pool??

Anyone with a big house with a pool??

Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone with a big house with a pool??

With property much affordable and getting more for your money in Oz, what exactly does the aussie dollar buy? Are the household bills similar to those in the UK? And can those pools be filled with the water restrictions?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:19 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with a big house with a pool??

tricky question to answer, laguna33p. If I were you, I would do a few searches on this forum e.g. "cost of living" "house prices" or "affordability"....there's plenty of reading to do !!!! I'm sure that you will find the answers there....

cheers
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:35 am

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laguna33p
With property much affordable and getting more for your money in Oz, what exactly does the aussie dollar buy? Are the household bills similar to those in the UK? And can those pools be filled with the water restrictions?
bills are pretty much same as uk

when you first come over you think its cheap as your still working on british pounds and converting

as for pool depends if there is a lvl 4 water restiction then you need to have permission of the council or buy water to fill it that comes on a truck

i have a pool its name is the geelong bay as i live 4 houses from it lol
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I find food shopping a similar price if not cheaper, amenities bills are cheaper and council tax is much cheaper, but just as well as the wages are less.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by sunbather
Personally I find food shopping a similar price if not cheaper, amenities bills are cheaper and council tax is much cheaper, but just as well as the wages are less.

wages are a joke i was on a £100 a hr in uk fixing computers here in aus only want to pay me $50 as if so im retraining in real estate
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:44 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazah
wages are a joke i was on a £100 a hr in uk fixing computers here in aus only want to pay me $50 as if so im retraining in real estate
100 pounds an hour....blimey shoulda stayed in the UK mate,might of had a big house with a pool..
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:59 am

im a ex msce i used to fix servers and call outs for pc companys
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:19 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

www.realestate.com.au is the standard property site. Of course prices vary a great deal here based on location , land value, and the house on the block.

You'll have to learn the differences between a 600m block and a 2000m block. Houses tend to be individual, and on varying blocks, and there can be huge differences between roads next to each other

Electric is not cheap if you have a big house because of a/c and pool pumps (600+ per qtr) . Council tax is still based on land value rather than property so it pretty cheap.

Still haven't figured out how they go on about how valuable water is, Qld its 75 cents per kilolitre for the first 500 litres per day. Which is nothing compared to the other costs.

Once your pool is full, you'll have to top it up for evaporation. So either get a water tank paid by the state ( rules have changed ), or even a 500l tank for $99 from bunnings should keep you going.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:33 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazah
im a ex msce i used to fix servers and call outs for pc companys
Did you write manuals too?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Talking about wages, mine would be halved by moving to oz and that's the only reason why I've hesitated so far.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Nope no house or one with a pool...Still renting. Wages lower than the area we came from in the UK and cost of living much higher! Still plodding along though.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Can only comment on Sydney you can pick up a house with a pool
at good price West of Sydney due to high interest rates and
property corrections

But in the beach pockets ie Bondi Manley thay have been less
impacted by the downturn with only moderate falls
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stariston
Can only comment on Sydney you can pick up a house with a pool
at good price West of Sydney due to high interest rates and
property corrections

But in the beach pockets ie Bondi Manley thay have been less
impacted by the downturn with only moderate falls
Its all according to what you call big?
Suppose ours is pretty big, (5 bedrooms), with a pool, and a spa
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Its all according to what you call big?
Suppose ours is pretty big, (5 bedrooms), with a pool, and a spa

yer same in Brisbane i hear you get a lot for your money even now
interstate; Bit quiet though Much prefer Sydney Have thay built a pub
yet in Carramar or is it a myth

Have to excuse dont go interstate much
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stariston
yer same in Brisbane i hear you get a lot for your money even now
interstate; Bit quiet though Much prefer Sydney Have thay built a pub
yet in Carramar or is it a myth

Have to excuse dont go interstate much
Think it is in the process of being built now...................Worzel will know for definate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.