British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

vickys Nov 8th 2007 11:16 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Our agent did advise about 10 weeks last week but from what i've been reading from other threads in particular the april one's the LCU seem to be pushing to get shut of the back log. WE've got our med's booked in for after xmas. On the subject of the PCC's legally the met have 40 days to respond once the application is received, most area's seem to be quicker than this though. All this positivity between everyone is great, i think once you get the acknowledgement that is a big thing and you can relax for a bit knowing that they actually do have your application. Good luck to everyone for case officers really soon. For all us females out there just remember the observation skills for the beach this time next year at the very latest. Keep smilin :thumbsup::thumbup:

Sally Simpson Nov 9th 2007 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5529354)
Wow congratulations on all the July people who have been granted a CO already :thumbsup: We have just recieved our full ack and have already front loaded our PCC and medicals, Im told we wont hear if we have a CO if all goes well and will be granted the visa, cant wait to recieve that golden email!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

trevamather Nov 9th 2007 6:42 am

Woo Hoo!! At last...never been so excited about spending nearly a grand!!
We've finally had our money taken off our card...this is the start of things!!
:thumbsup::beer::beer::thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Nov 9th 2007 11:04 am

Originally Posted by trevamather (Post 5534589)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
iT'S REALLY QUITE SAD ISN'T MIT , TO BE SO EXCITED TO SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON SOMETHING SO INTANGIBLE! ( Sorry about the caps lock!!!)

lolylew Nov 9th 2007 11:19 am

congrats - when did you apply?

dandn Nov 9th 2007 6:53 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbup:

Debby

trevinoz Nov 9th 2007 9:59 pm

Hello fellow july applicants.

Ive been browsing for a while and decided to chip in to this thread discussing a very frustrating waiting game.

My wife and I came out to oz jan this year in Perth on a 457 visa, all is good so we decided to go down the pr route. We have had a full acknowledgement letter on the 15th october stating our application was recieved by diac on the 5th of july 2007. Very happy about this.

I do need a bit of advice ive sent an enquiry to diac regarding our medicals no response as of yet they are here with us in a sealed envelope but i dont know where to send them, we are applying offshore although we are currently living in perth. We went to get them at the HSA in perth unrequested two weeks ago in accordance with obtaining medicals whilst in Australia. I t dosnt say if we have to send them lcu nor does it say where we should?
As you can imagine its a bit frustrating hoping you have done everything write, We are hoping to get our visa asap as it makes a great difference when buying a house. Im a nurse currently working in the public health service in perth the hospital sponsered me from the uk where we are from.

thanks in advance for advice
trev

good luck to all in this waiting game

trevamather Nov 10th 2007 12:28 am

Originally Posted by lolylew (Post 5535614)
congrats - when did you apply?

TRA passed 14/7
136 visa sent 31/7
Medicals sent this week
Police checks waiting for

:beer::beer::beer:

geelong Nov 10th 2007 6:39 am

I do need a bit of advice ive sent an enquiry to diac regarding our medicals no response as of yet they are here with us in a sealed envelope but i dont know where to send them, we are applying offshore although we are currently living in perth. We went to get them at the HSA in perth unrequested two weeks ago in accordance with obtaining medicals whilst in Australia. I t dosnt say if we have to send them lcu nor does it say where we should?
As you can imagine its a bit frustrating hoping you have done everything write, We are hoping to get our visa asap as it makes a great difference when buying a house. Im a nurse currently working in the public health service in perth the hospital sponsered me from the uk where we are from.

trev

good luck to all in this waiting game[/QUOTE]

Hi Trev.

This is the address we have been given by our agent. Hope it's what you need.

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration & Citizenship
Level 6
26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD
New South Wales 2000
:thumbsup:

mad city fan Nov 10th 2007 9:06 am

Originally Posted by trevinoz (Post 5536759)
Hello fellow july applicants.

Ive been browsing for a while and decided to chip in to this thread discussing a very frustrating waiting game.

My wife and I came out to oz jan this year in Perth on a 457 visa, all is good so we decided to go down the pr route. We have had a full acknowledgement letter on the 15th october stating our application was recieved by diac on the 5th of july 2007. Very happy about this.

trev

Hi and welcome to B.E :thumbup:

trevinoz Nov 11th 2007 9:19 pm

Hello everyone
Thanks geelong for advice, unfortunatly my wifes medical has been referred to health commission officer or something like that. I phoned hsa this morning and they told me it could take upto four weeks for him to reply. Bit frustrating especially with the 10 week back log already at the lcu, we were hoping to be pr for january. oh well we have to wait and see whats happening

good luck to all
trev

marwood Nov 11th 2007 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by geelong (Post 5537970)

trev

Hi Trev.

Local Clearance Unit
Level 6
26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD
New South Wales 2000
:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Hi

Just wondered when did you receive this LCU address from your agent? A friend went through the visa app process early this year (around February) and the request letter from the CO gave the following address:

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs
Level 3, 26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000
AUSTRALIA

Only a minor difference (level 3/level 6) but would prefer to avoid any confusion/delays!

hereshoping Nov 12th 2007 12:11 am

Originally Posted by marwood (Post 5544629)
Hi Trev.

Local Clearance Unit
Level 6
26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD
New South Wales 2000
:thumbsup:

Hi

Just wondered when did you receive this LCU address from your agent? A friend went through the visa app process early this year (around February) and the request letter from the CO gave the following address:

Local Clearance Unit
Level 3, 26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000
AUSTRALIA

Only a minor difference (level 3/level 6) but would prefer to avoid any confusion/delays![/QUOTE]

the letter from our CO last week gave the address as Level 3, 26 Lee St for courriers. There is a different address if using normal postage

GPO Box 9984
Sydney, NSW, 2001

marwood Nov 12th 2007 1:20 am

Originally Posted by hereshoping (Post 5544873)
Hi

Local Clearance Unit
Level 3, 26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000
AUSTRALIA

Only a minor difference (level 3/level 6) but would prefer to avoid any confusion/delays!

the letter from our CO last week gave the address as Level 3, 26 Lee St for courriers. There is a different address if using normal postage

GPO Box 9984
Sydney, NSW, 2001[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply. Level 3 it is then.

hereshoping Nov 12th 2007 8:39 pm

well got the xrays done yesterday, pretty painless and the technician said they looked good- another step done.