British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

maisey Oct 24th 2007 7:46 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5463854)
I think mine's got lost as I still havent heard a thing!:huh:

Heres hoping it won't take too much longer to hear something thurs and friday seem to be good days to hear something.
Karma sent

Sally Simpson Oct 24th 2007 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by dave cubley (Post 5463289)
WOO HOO THEY WANT MY MONEY AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had fantastic email from my agent today. We applied 24th July, ASPC received 25th July. Heard absolutely nothin.......not even our payment has been taken, then credit card that we gave details of expired!!!!!:curse:
But now today our agent received an email from them to request new credit card details within 7 DAYS! They will be taking payment and moving us up the queue at last!!!! I knew the queens head would pass through my fingers soon. I've never been so happy to spend it. Even smiling after hosting a kids party all day too! Now that's some doin.... Thanx to all you out there with notes of encouragement, it as kept us going all this time. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup:
And 1 more.....:thumbsup:

Hurray:thumbsup:

vickys Oct 24th 2007 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5463854)
I think mine's got lost as I still havent heard a thing!:huh:

Don't worry Ozzy7, your lot, my lot and Lololew's lot will stick together and we WILL hear soon we really will we really will :confused::huh:

SHAZ3 Oct 25th 2007 12:18 am

Hi everyone feeling a bit deflated as I have just changed estate agents today and reduced the price of my house again in a desperate attempt to sell it:curse: Hoping to leave for Oz in March but need to sell the house before we can go:mad:

linds Oct 25th 2007 1:30 am

Originally Posted by dave cubley (Post 5463289)
WOO HOO THEY WANT MY MONEY AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had fantastic email from my agent today. We applied 24th July, ASPC received 25th July. Heard absolutely nothin.......not even our payment has been taken, then credit card that we gave details of expired!!!!!:curse:
But now today our agent received an email from them to request new credit card details within 7 DAYS! They will be taking payment and moving us up the queue at last!!!! I knew the queens head would pass through my fingers soon. I've never been so happy to spend it. Even smiling after hosting a kids party all day too! Now that's some doin.... Thanx to all you out there with notes of encouragement, it as kept us going all this time. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup:
And 1 more.....:thumbsup:

Well done dave and clare. :thumbup: lets hope its the case officer thats requesting payment, it has been heard of that no communication until a call from CO:):thumbsup:
lots of luck linds and carl

dandn Oct 25th 2007 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Bilby (Post 5462738)
Visa granted yesterday:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:CONGRATULATIONS:thumbsup::thum bsup:

dandn Oct 25th 2007 1:57 am

Originally Posted by SHAZ3 (Post 5466316)
Hi everyone feeling a bit deflated as I have just changed estate agents today and reduced the price of my house again in a desperate attempt to sell it:curse: Hoping to leave for Oz in March but need to sell the house before we can go:mad:

Hi SHAZ3, we are in the same boat, we can't go before our house is sold:(

We need some house selling karma!!!!!!!!

Deb

carolinejones3 Oct 25th 2007 1:59 am

Originally Posted by sub (Post 5461090)
Just got some progress myself!!!:) Yippee!!:thumbsup:
Just had a look a look at my emails and there it was! a full acknowledgement and file no! (was beginning to think id been forgotten about!)

Visa app received 12/7/07 Pre ack 20/08/07 (136 modl)
Best of luck to everyone still waiting
Susan:D

Good news Susan!!!
Keep em coming.
Glad for everone who's heard something now and hoping for the rest of you.
Vicky, it won't be long chicken xx:)

Sally Simpson Oct 25th 2007 2:58 am

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 5466140)
Don't worry Ozzy7, your lot, my lot and Lololew's lot will stick together and we WILL hear soon we really will we really will :confused::huh:

Good luck to all of you.You WILL hear very soon.x

Clara W Oct 25th 2007 4:34 am

Thank god for this thread and people getting good news!!! I am so pleased to hear people getting full acknowledgements and even visa's! It makes it all more real and I don't even know you....

I have just had another dreaded message from my agent saying I am now looking at 18 months because I am a 138 (sponsored visa) and not really wanted in WA. If I knew this in the beginning I would have looked at other visa's but now it is too late to change. I wanted to be in Perth for the new school year for my daughter to start senior school along with everyone else for the first time (year 8). Now this looks impossible.

My original agent said this was easy when we started the process back in Feb this yearBUT he left the company and now I get this! (18 months) :curse:

I can't wait 18 months and see you all go without me. :confused:

A very sad Clara W!!! :(

Sally Simpson Oct 25th 2007 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Clara W (Post 5467385)
Thank god for this thread and people getting good news!!! I am so pleased to hear people getting full acknowledgements and even visa's! It makes it all more real and I don't even know you....

I have just had another dreaded message from my agent saying I am now looking at 18 months because I am a 138 (sponsored visa) and not really wanted in WA. If I knew this in the beginning I would have looked at other visa's but now it is too late to change. I wanted to be in Perth for the new school year for my daughter to start senior school along with everyone else for the first time (year 8). Now this looks impossible.

My original agent said this was easy when we started the process back in Feb this yearBUT he left the company and now I get this! (18 months) :curse:

Oh Clara, really sorry, must be very frustrating for you:frown:
Are you sure there is nothing you can do?

Clara W Oct 25th 2007 4:46 am

Thanks Sallyclaire. I knew you would be kind.

My agent advises there is nothing I can do but wait. I did suggest applying again but they advise against this!

I just feel I was given false hope in the beginning and now this. I would have rather been given realistic timescales to work with from the start.

I don't know of any other route for me? I don't have enough knowledge. Can anyone else help /advise me?

Sally Simpson Oct 25th 2007 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Clara W (Post 5467441)
Thanks Sallyclaire. I knew you would be kind.

My agent advises there is nothing I can do but wait. I did suggest applying again but they advise against this!

I just feel I was given false hope in the beginning and now this. I would have rather been given realistic timescales to work with from the start.

I don't know of any other route for me? I don't have enough knowledge. Can anyone else help /advise me?

I think that unfortunately the agents who are on here are restricted when you are with an agent but you could try sending a pm to JAJ, as he is retired but seems to give excellent advice & seems to be highly regarded.
What profession are you in?
Will send you some karma too!

mad city fan Oct 25th 2007 4:57 am

sorry to hear your news sending some karma your way ;)

maisey Oct 25th 2007 5:01 am

Poor you that is bad news but lets hope they are quoting worst case scenario. I see you are an education manager but not sure what that is exactly. I wish you well and send you some karma.