British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

maisey Apr 8th 2008 7:56 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Know what you mean the housing market is rubbish at moment. It is far more frustrating than waiting for the visa as at least you sort of knew it had to happen eventually. I kinda wish I had been brave enough to put house on market before the visa came through as we would have sold for better price for starters. I am looking at it and just making the house as attractive as possible. All those plans grind to a halt when house won't sell and we haven't got savings to validate as that would be pricey for 5 of us. :(
Thinking of all you fellow Julyees out there (Vickys, Shoan & Rich, propercornish, Pomerz, Daszter & M&M) who are still waitng and all of you who are as frustrated as me with house selling (Dandn, Brendan d, Icys2460 and Mad city Fan) to name a few.
Hope You are feeling better and are back at work today Sallyclaire.

It is also great to see some of us in Oz or about to go - good luck the4Macs who go next week - I am so excited for you.:eek:

Vent your frustrations here, at least you guys understand.:curse:

Shoan and Rich Apr 8th 2008 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dazster (Post 6179892)
Oh yeah, I'm totally with you there. I check my email every morning at 7:30am and there's always no news - and that's been since November/December last year. I'm really beginning to loathe the DIAC for the same reasons you've listed - it feels like they don't care (which they probably don't - but that doesn't make it less annoying). We feel like everything is on hold until this magical email arrives. I've recently emailed the department again to find out what stage my application is at. Which means I can't get excited about the next email I get from ASPC as it won't be a visa confirmation, it will just be another of those fob-off "it'll be ready when it's ready" emails.
Grrrrrrr!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr EXACTLY !
We are still pimping the house to put on the market, we're struggling to get the motivation to spend every weekend DIY'ing it. A nice wee visa would certainly inspire me to get the painting clothes on every night !
I noticed your from Fife Dazster, and I take it you lived in Perth Scotland prior rather than Oz ??

Fingers crossed for the rest of the week.

Shona

propercornish Apr 8th 2008 9:52 pm

We Have our VISA!!!! I'm just sooo excited!:thumbsup:
Half the family are at work/collage/school so you guys are the first to know! Good luck to those still waiting, it'll be here soon!

Ozzy Fever Apr 8th 2008 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by propercornish (Post 6181814)
Half the family are at work/collage/school so you guys are the first to know! Good luck to those still waiting, it'll be here soon!

Fantastic news enjoy the day!!!

Nicky

maisey Apr 8th 2008 9:55 pm

QUOTE=propercornish;6181814]We Have our VISA!!!! I'm just sooo excited!:thumbsup:
Half the family are at work/collage/school so you guys are the first to know! Good luck to those still waiting, it'll be here soon![/QUOTE]

Congratulations to you.
Soooo happy for you. Go celebrate.:thumbsup:

mad city fan Apr 8th 2008 10:53 pm

wehey Huge CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup:

Shoan and Rich Apr 8th 2008 11:28 pm

FANTASTIC NEWS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lolylew Apr 8th 2008 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by brendan d (Post 6180125)
Hi folks, really sorry to hear that things havn't moved for people yet, i really hope you all hear soon. I'm starting to think that getting the visa was the easy bit, because there is sod all happening with the housing market:curse:

Hope people get good news soon:thumbsup:

Brendan

Originally Posted by lcys2460 (Post 6181374)
Hey guys, I haven't logged on for a seriously long time and just been reading through for a catch up.... I can't believe some of you are still waiting for your visa's - my heart goes out to you as I know I found it very tough waiting and waiting and..... waiting!
Hope you all hear some fab news soon - well deserved.

Nothing has changed for us even though we got our visa in January. We can't sell our house. Not many viewings - doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to move although I see For Sale signs everywhere!

Good luck to everyone selling houses......... Australia is just gonna have to wait for us a little bit longer..... boo hoo!

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 6181459)
Know what you mean the housing market is rubbish at moment. It is far more frustrating than waiting for the visa as at least you sort of knew it had to happen eventually. I kinda wish I had been brave enough to put house on market before the visa came through as we would have sold for better price for starters. I am looking at it and just making the house as attractive as possible. All those plans grind to a halt when house won't sell and we haven't got savings to validate as that would be pricey for 5 of us. :(
Thinking of all you fellow Julyees out there (Vickys, Shoan & Rich, propercornish, Pomerz, Daszter & M&M) who are still waitng and all of you who are as frustrated as me with house selling (Dandn, Brendan d, Icys2460 and Mad city Fan) to name a few.

It is also great to see some of us in Oz or about to go - good luck the4Macs who go next week - I am so excited for you.:eek:

hey guys, totally with you on the crap housing market, we're in the same position :frown:, waiting for just one person to say they want it, only had 2 viewings in around 5/6 weeks!!!!!!
OH gets made redundant in may, so hes having to look for another job over here :mad:!!!!

good luck to those waiting for their visa grant, i know ones been granted today but you deserve your own post, so give me a minute :eek::thumbup:

lisa
x

lolylew Apr 8th 2008 11:44 pm

WOOOOO!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!, sooooo pleased for you!

when you off?

lisa
:thumbsup:

Ozzy Fever Apr 8th 2008 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 6181459)

Just wanted to say good luck to you all trying to sell houses, I really think that house selling is worse than waiting for the visa, just speaking from experience with our house. Hopefully if they cut the interest rate things will start moving.

Nicky

vickys Apr 9th 2008 12:15 am

Congratulations guys hope you manage to get there soon, only 4 more of us to go now!!!:rofl:

lcys2460 Apr 9th 2008 12:30 am

Hey wahooo.. a visa - congratulations, fab news.

As for selling houses, I have to agree with you Maisey, selling the house seems far harder than waiting for the visa, and I really never thought I'd say that! This I said would be my worst case sceneria, a visa but unable to go due to the house.

We put our house on the market a week after sending our application in last July. We got a buyer in 2 days, unfortunately she stringed us along for over 4 months and then dropped out. Since then the market has got slower and slower.

I think when waiting for the visa I had a plan and I was working towards it, now it seems pointless as you just don't know how long your gonna be in the UK. As well as living with the if we're here we'll do this and not making any long term commitments.

Having said that, I still believe the media is making this far worse than it really is. Whispers of an interest rate coming very soon and possibly a second. I'm still determind to think that the market will pick up during the summer! I hope I'm right! But just in case I'm frantically buying lottery tickets!

Good lucks guys.
Lynda xxx

Rankit Apr 9th 2008 1:51 am

Hi ProperCornish.. can you please share your timelines.. please.

Regds,
Rankit
BN 136 MODL
App. received: 02 July 07
Ack. received: 22 Sept. 07
CO assign: 3rd March 08
Med. received by LCU: 25 March. 08
PCC sent by email: 29th March. 07
Visa Grant: Please pray for me guys......

lolylew Apr 9th 2008 2:00 am

Originally Posted by lcys2460 (Post 6182515)
Hey wahooo.. a visa - congratulations, fab news.

As for selling houses, I have to agree with you Maisey, selling the house seems far harder than waiting for the visa, and I really never thought I'd say that! This I said would be my worst case sceneria, a visa but unable to go due to the house.

We put our house on the market a week after sending our application in last July. We got a buyer in 2 days, unfortunately she stringed us along for over 4 months and then dropped out. Since then the market has got slower and slower.

I think when waiting for the visa I had a plan and I was working towards it, now it seems pointless as you just don't know how long your gonna be in the UK. As well as living with the if we're here we'll do this and not making any long term commitments.

Having said that, I still believe the media is making this far worse than it really is. Whispers of an interest rate coming very soon and possibly a second. I'm still determind to think that the market will pick up during the summer! I hope I'm right! But just in case I'm frantically buying lottery tickets!

Good lucks guys.
Lynda xxx

here here, i agree with you - although the more they report bad things the slower things then get because of it - puts everyone off!

lisa
:thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Apr 9th 2008 2:20 am

At last, some good news! Let's hope it's catching & there will be more to follow!

CONGRATULATIONS PROPERCORNISH!!!!