British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

lolylew Apr 4th 2008 1:12 am

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by M8M (Post 6157834)
whats the email address for LCU

[email protected]

you need to quote as much information as you have such as:

File Reference no..........
Name of Applicant .............
date of Birth ...............
Passport number ...............
Type of visa applied for -ie.136 MODL Skilled Independant
Date meds received @ LCU..........
name of person who signed for them if you have it.......
Method of dispatch ........

not sure if you need any more info :unsure:, but i'm sure you get the gist.

lisa
:thumbsup:

M8M Apr 4th 2008 4:17 am

Originally Posted by lolylew (Post 6158523)
[email protected]

you need to quote as much information as you have such as:

File Reference no..........
Name of Applicant .............
date of Birth ...............
Passport number ...............
Type of visa applied for -ie.136 MODL Skilled Independant
Date meds received @ LCU..........
name of person who signed for them if you have it.......
Method of dispatch ........

not sure if you need any more info :unsure:, but i'm sure you get the gist.

lisa

Thanks Lisa... Sent the email lets hope they reply quicker than ASPC.. thank god its the weekend take my mind of things :) Have a good one!

M8M Apr 4th 2008 5:25 am

Just had some pretty good news (ish) Our agent just forwarded an email she rec'd from ASPC stating that our case officer requested documents on 13/12/07 (we didnt get the request... and hadnt even had acknowledgement at that stage...) Anyhow seems we've had a CO since DECEMBER!! WOW! They also confirmed that Meds and PCCs have been attached to our file... Does anyone know if the 'documents' the CO was requesting would have been the Meds and PCCs which we have now done, or do you think she's looking for more info??

Sally Simpson Apr 4th 2008 5:41 am

Originally Posted by M8M (Post 6159515)
Just had some pretty good news (ish) Our agent just forwarded an email she rec'd from ASPC stating that our case officer requested documents on 13/12/07 (we didnt get the request... and hadnt even had acknowledgement at that stage...) Anyhow seems we've had a CO since DECEMBER!! WOW! They also confirmed that Meds and PCCs have been attached to our file... Does anyone know if the 'documents' the CO was requesting would have been the Meds and PCCs which we have now done, or do you think she's looking for more info??

Hopefully was just the meds & pcc's. Hasn't your agent checked/confirmed this for you?

Good news anyway:thumbup:

Enjoy the weekend everybody!:thumbup:

mad city fan Apr 4th 2008 7:17 am

Fab news :thumbsup: but think your agent needs a kick up the bum

dandn Apr 5th 2008 2:51 am

Yes that is GREAT news
but Iagree with Mad City Fan your agent needs a kick up the Bum!!!!

Good luck!!!!

Deb

vickys Apr 6th 2008 3:53 am

Originally Posted by lolylew (Post 6155877)
really hope you hear something soon :wub:, when did you send your meds to LCU? can you email them to see if they've cleared?

lisa

Lisa,
sorry for the late reply i've managed a few days of not logging on. WE have sent our meds to LCU on 11th Jan. I spoke to my agent on friday and she said she hasn't heard a thing despite an email on a weekly basis to find out where things are up to. She said that she will try and contact them again by sending another email before she left the office on friday in order to establish any timescales or anything for us but if they cannot provide any then can they tell us whether our meds have cleared at least.

On the up side she did inform me that they are taking time to come through due to the backlog of the thousands of applications that were received but that there are more staff being taken on as we speak and that they should be getting on top of them all now. Fingers crossed for some more info this week eh?

A really big good luck to everyone with house sales, moving and further news too. :thumbsup:

PS hope nobody has been using Britania (Trafford park) for shipping

M8M Apr 8th 2008 4:00 am

Originally Posted by sallyclaire (Post 6159569)
Hopefully was just the meds & pcc's. Hasn't your agent checked/confirmed this for you?

Good news anyway:thumbup:

Enjoy the weekend everybody!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6159911)
Fab news :thumbsup: but think your agent needs a kick up the bum

Originally Posted by dandn (Post 6163409)
Yes that is GREAT news
but Iagree with Mad City Fan your agent needs a kick up the Bum!!!!

Good luck!!!!

Deb

Thanks guys! Will be putting the boot firmly up the agnets rear if no news by the end of this week.... Speaking of news... anyone had any??? I see on other thread August and October applicants have been granted so far... calling all Julyers - cheer me up, give me hope pleeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee!! :unsure:

Sally Simpson Apr 8th 2008 4:51 am

Originally Posted by M8M (Post 6178535)
Thanks guys! Will be putting the boot firmly up the agnets rear if no news by the end of this week.... Speaking of news... anyone had any??? I see on other thread August and October applicants have been granted so far... calling all Julyers - cheer me up, give me hope pleeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee!! :unsure:

Well, I wish there would be some news on our thread 'cos my toes are really starting to hurt having been crossed for so long now!:mad:;):D

Hope you all are coping with the wait & thinking of you!:)

vickys Apr 8th 2008 5:28 am

:(Sorry guys no news here either, that champers will be frozen by the time our's comes through me thinks

propercornish Apr 8th 2008 6:04 am

We're still waiting too. Had the house valued today but not sure whether to put it on the market now or wait until the visa comes.

Shoan and Rich Apr 8th 2008 9:03 am

Its getting boring now :(

Just feel stuck in a total limbo. Wan't to get moving, make solid plans and just have some idea of what the next 3 months holds. Feel like I'm waking up each morning to wait on a bloody visa !

Please tell me that the rest of you guys still waiting are feeling the same ?

Dazster Apr 8th 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich (Post 6179858)
Its getting boring now :(

Just feel stuck in a total limbo. Wan't to get moving, make solid plans and just have some idea of what the next 3 months holds. Feel like I'm waking up each morning to wait on a bloody visa !

Please tell me that the rest of you guys still waiting are feeling the same ?

Oh yeah, I'm totally with you there. I check my email every morning at 7:30am and there's always no news - and that's been since November/December last year. I'm really beginning to loathe the DIAC for the same reasons you've listed - it feels like they don't care (which they probably don't - but that doesn't make it less annoying). We feel like everything is on hold until this magical email arrives. I've recently emailed the department again to find out what stage my application is at. Which means I can't get excited about the next email I get from ASPC as it won't be a visa confirmation, it will just be another of those fob-off "it'll be ready when it's ready" emails.
Grrrrrrr!

brendan d Apr 8th 2008 10:12 am

Hi folks, really sorry to hear that things havn't moved for people yet, i really hope you all hear soon. I'm starting to think that getting the visa was the easy bit, because there is sod all happening with the housing market:curse:

Hope people get good news soon:thumbsup:

Brendan

lcys2460 Apr 8th 2008 7:28 pm

Hey guys, I haven't logged on for a seriously long time and just been reading through for a catch up.... I can't believe some of you are still waiting for your visa's - my heart goes out to you as I know I found it very tough waiting and waiting and..... waiting!
Hope you all hear some fab news soon - well deserved.

Nothing has changed for us even though we got our visa in January. We can't sell our house. Not many viewings - doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to move although I see For Sale signs everywhere!

Good luck to everyone selling houses......... Australia is just gonna have to wait for us a little bit longer..... boo hoo!