British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

Clara W Jan 14th 2008 11:24 am

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever (Post 5785378)
Got full acknowledgement today:thumbsup::thumbsup: at long last. Application date states 3 July 07, medicals and police checks already in Oz.

Now just the wait for Case Officer:thumbsup:

Must admit was beginning to think that our application was lost somewhere, feel like a large wait has been lifted off my shoulders.

Take care everyone and thanks for all your support.

Nicky

Great news! That has been a long time! I bet you will go straight to VISA really quickly now everything is in place!

deano66 Jan 14th 2008 11:25 am

Great news! :thumbsup:

mad city fan Jan 14th 2008 11:27 am

Got full acknowledgement today:thumbsup::thumbsup: at long last. Application date states 3 July 07, medicals and police checks already in Oz.

Must admit was beginning to think that our application was lost somewhere, feel like a large wait has been lifted off my shoulders.

Nicky

WEHEY Fab news so plesed for ya :thumbsup: all that worrying is now over ;)

maisey Jan 14th 2008 11:36 am

Ozzyfever
Thats great news at least you know they have it all, now just go straight to that visa.:thumbsup:

Ozzy Fever Jan 14th 2008 11:40 am

Thanks everyone, anybody would think that we had got the visa, just knowing that our application is in the right place means a lot to us:thumbsup:

Nicky

Clara W Jan 14th 2008 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever (Post 5785418)
Thanks everyone, anybody would think that we had got the visa, just knowing that our application is in the right place means a lot to us:thumbsup:

Nicky

I think we all know how it feels!!! I had mine last week and I told everyone in my office I had a file reference number and even they were excited... I must be going on about it a bit!!!

brendan d Jan 14th 2008 11:50 am

Great news ozzy:thumbsup:
Brendan

carolinejones3 Jan 14th 2008 12:19 pm

Congrats Ozzy!! :thumbsup:

Quick Question to all peeps.
When you scan documents to your case office. In my case our police checks. Would they send you an email back stating they have received them?? Was just wondering as its the first time ever I have scanned and sent a document and wonder if I have done it right?? It showing in my out box as sent but unsure if the attachment bit worked:o:blink::unsure:
Thanks Caroline

lcys2460 Jan 14th 2008 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 5785259)
Looking at your time line hopefully you won't have to wait too long now:thumbup:

Maisey - I hope your right.... I'm losing the plot here! :frown:

Geelong - Good to have you back on the thread. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we all have good news soon. I trained in Bognor and spent four years loafing about Macaries and the Regis Centre.

Geelong - What a small world - I see you've escaped here! Me next!

lolylew Jan 14th 2008 12:49 pm

Nicky

fab news - bet you'll sleep better tonight!!!!!
lisa
:thumbsup:

lolylew Jan 14th 2008 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 5785540)
Congrats Ozzy!! :thumbsup:

Quick Question to all peeps.
When you scan documents to your case office. In my case our police checks. Would they send you an email back stating they have received them?? Was just wondering as its the first time ever I have scanned and sent a document and wonder if I have done it right?? It showing in my out box as sent but unsure if the attachment bit worked:o:blink::unsure:
Thanks Caroline

would you be able to open it if you emailed it to yourself or to another computer you can access - ie, neighbours - if you can open it there, hopefully they will in oz too?!

worth a try
lisa
:thumbsup:

vickys Jan 14th 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever (Post 5773081)
Have you had an acknowledgement yet? As we sent in by bankers draft we are doing a trace with our bank to see if the cheque has been cashed, our agent has told me today that when the find our application they will backdate it to 3 July when it arrived in Oz.

Its turning into a nightmare.

Don't worry about your medicals, don't think anyone is normal after going through the stress of immigrating:rofl:

Sorry it's taken so long to reply but no we've not heard a thing yet. rang our bank last week to see if there was any way in which we could see whether they had received the bankers draft and they advised us that unless we reported it lost they were not able to confirm that one way or the other, which bank are you with if you don't mind me asking???

Glad you have your's through :thumbsup:

vickys Jan 14th 2008 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire (Post 5777479)
I think it is the pasport number but I left that to the doctor who did the meds as I think that's what the instruction was(?)

If you have your FRN then put that if not then your passport number will be suffice:)

carolinejones3 Jan 14th 2008 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 5785819)
Sorry it's taken so long to reply but no we've not heard a thing yet. rang our bank last week to see if there was any way in which we could see whether they had received the bankers draft and they advised us that unless we reported it lost they were not able to confirm that one way or the other, which bank are you with if you don't mind me asking???

You are the most patient person I have come across. I would be having kittens by now...Wishing you hear something real soon:)

Ozzy Fever Jan 14th 2008 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 5785819)

Vicky we are with HSBC and were told on Friday that it would take at least 7 to 10 working days to see if the draft has been cashed. On our letter it states that our application was received on 3 July, they do not seem to have any order for acknowledging applications.

All I can say is try the bank, if not keep on to your agent, the last few weeks we were on the phone to them nearly every other day chasing, after all you have paid them a lot of money.

Fingers crossed that you will here something soon:thumbsup:

Nicky
XX