Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

GuyJac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

hi
my wife is the main applicant on our visa. I have not submitted 12 month notice to leave and don't want to jump the gun just in case all things don't go aswell as we hope.

I have read that a visa application will not be looked at without discharge papers
Is this correct?

Any advice please. I can't see how it can be, people need to work.

thanks

Guy
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GuyJac
hi
my wife is the main applicant on our visa. I have not submitted 12 month notice to leave and don't want to jump the gun just in case all things don't go aswell as we hope.

I have read that a visa application will not be looked at without discharge papers
Is this correct?

Any advice please. I can't see how it can be, people need to work.

thanks

Guy
Trying to balance the timings is hard. You have to give 12 months notice but also the visas have to be validated up to 6 months after they are issued. My husband put his notice in January 07. As JPA played us up we were delayed with a discharge date. We finally got a date 6 months later

For us it was a complete lottery as he had put in his notice here and we had no confirmation over there. We had about 4 months of being in limbo not knowing if he had a job or not or if we would get the visas.

Tammy
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

I have just sat down with a cuppa and before I go completely mad
Any advise would be welcomed hugely.

We have had no contact from our new Aussie lady Trudie (who has taken over from Penny) or from Eva. Should we have? Trudie said she would send us a pack out? but we have received nothing. If it is quite normal 5 weeks before we go to not have had any contact and my hubby doesn't know anything about his new job then please just ignore this :curse:

Just having a wobbly moment !!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

Would it help if I said that we were hoping to leave the 1st Nov, house is packed and gone and we haven't got the visa yet or any of the stuff like flights booked in . Nothing like doing it by the seat of your pants. Hoping meds get assessed this week and just waiting on one police check to come in and be emailed over. Hoping it arrives mid Oct and as the CO has already got all the other stuff and has been working on it really really hope visa is issued before end Oct pretty please.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ontheup
Would it help if I said that we were hoping to leave the 1st Nov, house is packed and gone and we haven't got the visa yet or any of the stuff like flights booked in . Nothing like doing it by the seat of your pants. Hoping meds get assessed this week and just waiting on one police check to come in and be emailed over. Hoping it arrives mid Oct and as the CO has already got all the other stuff and has been working on it really really hope visa is issued before end Oct pretty please.
Thank you. Just the normal glass of red wine for me tonight then
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

The process seems to differ for each of us joining the RAN although the common theme pervading it all seems to be that its actually quite relaxed and it seems to be us guys constantly putting pressure on ourselves and getting worked up
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

to kate , mike and girls have a lovely time in london , and a safe flight over , weather looking good see you when you get here .
Janet adam , kiera and joe
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=janet66;5376631]to kate , mike and girls have a lovely time in london , and a safe flight over , weather looking good see you when you get here .
Janet adam , kiera and joe[/QUOTE

Will wait to hear the first instalment of your new adventure. Hope the flights and the hotel is good?

Hey Janet and Adam...how is it going?

Tammy x
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

The process seems to differ for each of us joining the RAN although the common theme pervading it all seems to be that its actually quite relaxed and it seems to be us guys constantly putting pressure on ourselves and getting worked up
Did you get an email today about recruiting etc?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

yeah I did - confused the hell outta me! Guessing its a generic one been sent to everyone unless they are putting a deliberate hold on all of us coming over until Dec. But think that is unlikely as the visa is the driving force now I reckon. First bit did say it may not apply to us. Got the last police check back today hope to email it to CO tonite and then meds were in LCU 6 Aug so they shouldn't be far from being processed, fingers crossed visa is round the corner before Nov.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Will wait to hear the first instalment of your new adventure. Hope the flights and the hotel is good?

Tammy x[/QUOTE]

Hi Tammy, adam started work today if you can call it that . Hes in the fridge shop ( if you can call it that so he said , his own personal items are more than what they have ) everything goes out to contract , i can see a very bored and frustarted hubby very soon . Kids are ok on school holidays at the mo . Me well it will take time to settle , littlenick has been my lifeline shes wonderful . ill let you know how things go xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah I did - confused the hell outta me! Guessing its a generic one been sent to everyone unless they are putting a deliberate hold on all of us coming over until Dec. But think that is unlikely as the visa is the driving force now I reckon. First bit did say it may not apply to us. Got the last police check back today hope to email it to CO tonite and then meds were in LCU 6 Aug so they shouldn't be far from being processed, fingers crossed visa is round the corner before Nov.
I dont get it. It may not mean us but how are we supposed to be in contact with them? I think I will email Eva and see what the heck is going on :curse:
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janet66

Tammy x
Hi Tammy, adam started work today if you can call it that . Hes in the fridge shop ( if you can call it that so he said , his own personal items are more than what they have ) everything goes out to contract , i can see a very bored and frustarted hubby very soon . Kids are ok on school holidays at the mo . Me well it will take time to settle , littlenick has been my lifeline shes wonderful . ill let you know how things go xx[/QUOTE]

Hey all sounding good then. Glad that Littlenick is looking after you
Love and hugs to all of you and see it is warming up nicely.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Josie1100
I dont get it. It may not mean us but how are we supposed to be in contact with them? I think I will email Eva and see what the heck is going on :curse:
Could you let me know if you find anything out???
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by janet66
to kate , mike and girls have a lovely time in london , and a safe flight over , weather looking good see you when you get here .
Janet adam , kiera and joe
Hey Guys

Thanks for the good wishes, just said the last of the goodbyes and how hard were they!

Now enjoying the good life in business class! See you sometime soon....flight leaves in 60 mins!

Good luck Tammy catch up soon

Nicky - See you soon x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.