Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old May 31st 2009, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Herbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hi, I joined the RAN 3 years ago today. I served in the RN for 24 years leaving in Sep 03 as a CPO(C) Although I still refer to myself as a CRS. Anyway please send a private message and I can give you a mass of info if you require and would only be too glad to help.

Yours Aye

Terry
hello ,

im currently going through the application process to transfer from the RN to RAN . im currently a POMA and going over to be LH with fast track to PO so ive been told. do you know of any other RN medics who crossed over to the sunny side of the pond, id like to know what equivalency courses they had to do.

Yours Aye

Herbs
Old May 31st 2009, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Hello,
does any one know of any RN medics who have jumped ship and gone over to the sunny side of the pond?

id like to find out about equivalency courses and drafts etc

Yours Aye

Herbs
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:11 am
Just Joined

SnowyOwl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
My Husband is doing the whole lateral recruiting process too. He's in the RN (pompey based) and is joining the RAN. We are off to Perth in January 2010. We have 3 children aged 19, 9 and 7 who are looking forward to going. I was wondering whether there was anyone else who is off to perth with the RAN at the same time and would be interested in making contact before we went. I've been making my head spin with researching schools... houses... crime statistics... what a minefield it is.
Hubby has his interview on Wednesday in Pompey which I'm going along too armed with a whole list of questions!
Well... I guess that's all really... Good Luck to everyone!
Liz
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:31 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SnowyOwl
Hi!
My Husband is doing the whole lateral recruiting process too. He's in the RN (pompey based) and is joining the RAN. We are off to Perth in January 2010. We have 3 children aged 19, 9 and 7 who are looking forward to going. I was wondering whether there was anyone else who is off to perth with the RAN at the same time and would be interested in making contact before we went. I've been making my head spin with researching schools... houses... crime statistics... what a minefield it is.
Hubby has his interview on Wednesday in Pompey which I'm going along too armed with a whole list of questions!
Well... I guess that's all really... Good Luck to everyone!
Liz
Is he a submariner? Unusual to be told Perth based before he has even been accepted, and they have given you a date as well? Good luck anyway, I am working with a lot of ex pat matelots at the moment but Sydney/Canberra based.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

SnowyOwl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddyo
Is he a submariner? Unusual to be told Perth based before he has even been accepted, and they have given you a date as well? Good luck anyway, I am working with a lot of ex pat matelots at the moment but Sydney/Canberra based.

Hi...
No he isn't a submariner and I agree with you it would be unusual for anyone to be told where they will be based and what date, before they had been accepted. My husband was only told where and when once he had been accepted.
I guess the interview thing must have made it seem as though he was at the start of the process. But that isn't the case at all.... the interviews are for everyone regardless of what stage they are; from those who have made an expression of interest to those who have their visas already and are in the hands of the people at Australia House.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Hello,
i applied almost two years ago to transfer from the Rn to the RAN but have had some problems but all seems to be back on line now and just waiting for my terms of reference to come through.

does anyone have any advice about pensions? and what forms i should start to fill in now to speed the process up

thanks
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:43 am
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my husband is transfering to ran and we have just recieved labour agreement. now got to fill in the visa forms. it took us nearly 18 months to get them after a lot of emails. just keep pushing for them as they take there time. when are you looking at moving over and are you a submariner.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:51 am
Just Joined

im hoping to transfer as soon as possible and im a medic never been on subs.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:24 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herbs
im hoping to transfer as soon as possible and im a medic never been on subs.
Well don't go Aussie submariner, their boats are falling apart and are being recalled. Massive problems with the Submarine fleet.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well don't go Aussie submariner, their boats are falling apart and are being recalled. Massive problems with the Submarine fleet.
Not as bad as the Irish sub fleet,they cant get the buggers to sink
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:32 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Not as bad as the Irish sub fleet,they cant get the buggers to sink
oh dear oh dear!!! I'll get your coat!!
Old May 12th 2010, 10:04 am
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

is there anyone moving to the aus navy as submariner in june 2011 as that is our date just waiting to hear from the visa.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

The Army has stopped taking Laterals. I don't suppose you can be a Vehicle Mechanic in the Australian Navy???
Old May 13th 2010, 12:27 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by gaz1277
The Army has stopped taking Laterals. I don't suppose you can be a Vehicle Mechanic in the Australian Navy???
Why not??? I bet you can find a trade in the RAN which is equivalent to your trade/rank in the Army and hey, why not just ask!!! The Navy has a big requirement coming up for their new ships so why not take a punt and see what they can offer.
Old May 13th 2010, 2:34 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Why not??? I bet you can find a trade in the RAN which is equivalent to your trade/rank in the Army and hey, why not just ask!!! The Navy has a big requirement coming up for their new ships so why not take a punt and see what they can offer.
The RAN are looking for skills at the following link

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...ants/navy.aspx

No VM's unfortunately for you

They also don't want my skill despite having both LPD and AAW Destroyer experience as a WO :curse:

To make it worse one of the chiefs who works for me is in the final stages of joining as he's a dirty smelly sludgemariner

here's hoping I'm still on the new SOL