Narellan - NSW

Old May 9th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Narellan - NSW

Is anyone living in Narellan or nearby suburbs? Property prices look damn cheap compared to most places in Sydney. How is it, btw? How long is the commute to CBD? Is Camden relatively safer than the Campbelltown area? Schools, hospitals, shopping, pubs, parks, gyms, social life.... will appreciate any info you can share.
Old May 10th 2010, 11:53 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Narellan - NSW

Hi,
Narellan itself is not upto much apart from our local shopping centre. We live on Harrington Park which is very nice, about 5 mins from Narellan. It is cheaper down this way compared to some areas, but you can get a lot for your money. There is a ton of housing going in down here at Oran park and Gregory Hills, all of which started selling land recently. The current housing market is very bouyant and most things sell quickly. The area is ok, no major trouble, more of a country atmosphere, shopping centre at Macarthur Square in Campbelltown and most other outlets down there. Think schools are ok, but our 2 are not school age yet. Overall very nice and easy area to live in.
But...............as you asked about the commute, it is a pain. I work at the airport. Normally that takes 35mins to drive with no traffic. In traffic takes a minimum of an hour, more likely an 1.15, and the traffic builds up early in the morning. I start at 06.30 and that trip will take an hour. The roads round here can't cope with whats on them now, and Camden Valley Way is not looking good for an upgrade in the next 3-4 years, although it is being planned......long after the first lot of new houses start appearing. The M5 is being widened at the momment, but still feeds into the 2 lane M5 toll, so current works are not going to improve things for city commutes. It is another example of NSW state labour having no foresight.
There are trains direct into the city from Macarthur Sq and Campbelltown, which are ok as they are end of the line so almost guaranteed a seat. Think it takes about 1hr to Circular Quay.
So, good area served by poor links is the best way I can put it.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Narellan - NSW

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Hi,
Narellan itself is not upto much apart from our local shopping centre. We live on Harrington Park which is very nice, about 5 mins from Narellan. It is cheaper down this way compared to some areas, but you can get a lot for your money. There is a ton of housing going in down here at Oran park and Gregory Hills, all of which started selling land recently. The current housing market is very bouyant and most things sell quickly. The area is ok, no major trouble, more of a country atmosphere, shopping centre at Macarthur Square in Campbelltown and most other outlets down there. Think schools are ok, but our 2 are not school age yet. Overall very nice and easy area to live in.
But...............as you asked about the commute, it is a pain. I work at the airport. Normally that takes 35mins to drive with no traffic. In traffic takes a minimum of an hour, more likely an 1.15, and the traffic builds up early in the morning. I start at 06.30 and that trip will take an hour. The roads round here can't cope with whats on them now, and Camden Valley Way is not looking good for an upgrade in the next 3-4 years, although it is being planned......long after the first lot of new houses start appearing. The M5 is being widened at the momment, but still feeds into the 2 lane M5 toll, so current works are not going to improve things for city commutes. It is another example of NSW state labour having no foresight.
There are trains direct into the city from Macarthur Sq and Campbelltown, which are ok as they are end of the line so almost guaranteed a seat. Think it takes about 1hr to Circular Quay.
So, good area served by poor links is the best way I can put it.
Thanks mate, thats very useful. Harrington Park looks nice on Google street view. I will check out both Oran Park and Gregory Hills.