Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Meddy2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Hiya Guys.

Just been reading all your posts and it sparked a reply. I sent an email to the RAN in May of 2007 and they said that they would post me a pack and never did. I can honestly say i was a bit apprehensive about joining back then and never followed it through, but kept the original reply to my initial email.

I've just again uploaded my C.V and will follow through an application. I'm currently a Leading CIS (Comms) and i've been in 9 years. Most of my family have emigrated out to Melbourne and would love the chance to get out there.

Meddy.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:16 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meddy2008
Hiya Guys.

Just been reading all your posts and it sparked a reply. I sent an email to the RAN in May of 2007 and they said that they would post me a pack and never did. I can honestly say i was a bit apprehensive about joining back then and never followed it through, but kept the original reply to my initial email.

I've just again uploaded my C.V and will follow through an application. I'm currently a Leading CIS (Comms) and i've been in 9 years. Most of my family have emigrated out to Melbourne and would love the chance to get out there.

Meddy.
Well if you did get out here you would not be based in Melbourne, it would most likely be Sydney or Perth or maybe even Canberra for a Comms role. Melbourne to Sydney is a 10-12 hour drive.
There are lots out here ex RN and although I am a civvy I have been working with a lot of them in my role with my company.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just in the process of sending my medical and references out with all the other paper work. we are looking at prob being based in perth. anyone else going through this process
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:23 pm
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

A quick one on Nowra. It has changed for the better since 2003 more than any other place I can think of. Great restaurants now and still of course some of the worlds best beaches. Wife and daughter just spent a week at Greenwell Point and loved it. 9 yr old daughter caught 16 fish in her first ever day of fishing. Cheers...s
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Tycoontico is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Can anyone tell me where to start? How do you get hold of one of these 'packs' that people talk about to get the ball rolling. And are there any good websites anyone knows of, for people thinking of transferring from a british service to an australian? Hope someone can help...thanks
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

to get a pack for ran go to australian forces website and click on navy, overseas, follow instructions. you have to complete a short online cv. with all your rn stuff. wait for response and they should email you with all things required. good luck
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Tycoontico is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islie1
to get a pack for ran go to australian forces website and click on navy, overseas, follow instructions. you have to complete a short online cv. with all your rn stuff. wait for response and they should email you with all things required. good luck
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, very helpful. I am sure I will be posting many more things on this website in the near future whilst I plan my life. Thanks again.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

does anyone know what locations the mq accomodation is in perth. and what is the education like as i have 2 young children aged 7 years and 3 years.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

There's a story on the front of today's Age saying that the Navy is going to get a new class of submarines to replace the current Collins class.

I can't find a link for it on the website however.

I hope that news is of use to some!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

ponym110 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know what locations the mq accomodation is in perth. and what is the education like as i have 2 young children aged 7 years and 3 years.

Hi

i came over 3 months ago, currently based in Sydney but please ask any questions.

Don't worry about MQ, they run a differnt system over here with the houses of much better quality to the UK. You choose where you want to be and there will generally be a house in that area or you can even get rental allowance and rent through civy channels.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

dont know where he will be based as submariner. i have heard they are based in perth. just sent off medical form and application form today. so waiting for reply. is there a submarine base in adelaide.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

ponym110 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know where he will be based as submariner. i have heard they are based in perth. just sent off medical form and application form today. so waiting for reply. is there a submarine base in adelaide.

Hi

to the best of my knowledge he will be based in Perth. There are some facilities at Adelaide but it is for refits/build so don't think he would be based there for any length of time.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

simmo 328 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an interview with the RAN Overseas Appointments Cell team at the end of the month. Does anyone have any hints or tips from their interviews that would help me prepare????
Old May 6th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

my husband as also got an interview with them, but to my knowledge it is informal. it is to find out anything you want to know about transfering over there. i was going to see them on my own as he was away at sea, but we are now going to portsmouth to see them in june. just have the questions you want to know written down, so you dont forget to ask them what you want to know. good luck what stag are you up to and what are you on boats or ships.
Old May 7th 2009, 10:41 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

All subs are based in Perth, Port Adelaide is not a full time Naval Base.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.