Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Hello - can anyone help? Just joined yesterday - posted first message above and then got an e-mail from British Expats.com, saying that somebody has replied - but where do I see the reply? Les
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:44 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lele.juggins
Hello - can anyone help? Just joined yesterday - posted first message above and then got an e-mail from British Expats.com, saying that somebody has replied - but where do I see the reply? Les
Hi Les & welcome to the forum All it means it that someone posted another message in the thread you have posted in, whether it be a reply to your message or just another message.

Hope that helps & catch up with you later(gotta go to work in a minute!)

Chris

Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:45 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Any One Going To Pertttth Sep/october 2007

Hi all my name is Paula came to Perth with hubby and 3 children and our whippet 3yrs ago and built our home in SettlersHills Baldivis Rockingham,georgeous estate new and i think us pomms have taken over lol,i have been lucky as my sister her hubby and kids here also and we have lots and lots off mates.You should try looking at Baldivis apparently place to be So good luck to all off you and you will love it once you get settled in!!!!Not saying you wont get homesick as we have all been there but hey theres no looking back now Better Life for ALL
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

mike roberts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi Dave

Depending on when/if we get our visa we are looking at going October time but may end up later. We too will be flying with Emirates from Birmingham with stop-over in Dubai and also heading to Perth. Hoping to settle down Halls Head way. What about you?

Nic
Hi Dave, We are flying mid to end of september just waiting for visa, we will be flying with emirate airlines too but from gatwick or heathrow to perth. we have 4 children and feeling very nervous about the whole thing!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mike roberts
Hi Dave, We are flying mid to end of september just waiting for visa, we will be flying with emirate airlines too but from gatwick or heathrow to perth. we have 4 children and feeling very nervous about the whole thing!!!
Welcome to Les, Paula and Mike.... Good luck with all your plans for migration, hope it all goes well for you guys.

Pam x x
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[ [/QUOTE]

Hi All

Add us to the list

Dave 44 Civil Servant
Wendy 31 Childrens Nurse
Liam 5

Rockingham/Balvidis - Late Oct,07.

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mike roberts
Hello mike
i dont think it has hit me yet that im leaving uk and moving to AUSTRALIA hahahah cant wait. But we will be getting nervous as it gets closer, it should be fun with 4 kids on the plane, we got 2 and thats a hand full .
good look
Dave
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mindblower
[
Hi All

Add us to the list

Dave 44 Civil Servant
Wendy 31 Childrens Nurse
Liam 5

Rockingham/Balvidis - Late Oct,07.

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have added you to the list. Have a look at the other thread we are now using called "Settling in Perth 07/08"
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:20 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Just a reminder - we have now moved to this thread:

'Settling In Perth 2007/8 List'

3 of reasons for this really:
1. The heading is more reflective of when people are going.
2. The thread will be easier to spot than the old thread.
3. Don't know what #3 is, but I'm sure we'll think of something

So anyone going over to Perth this year(2007) or next(2008), you can now join us on the list

See you all on the other thread

Chris
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

[QUOTE=Sonja;5115967]
Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
Hello

Could you please update our details, Peter flew on 19th July(and is staying with my relations at the minute) myself and kids fly on 23rd August and land 25th August. Peter has already looked for rental accommodation in Secret Harbour and they are like gold dust to get, but he managed to get a rental(that takes pets) and he signs the lease on Friday.

Karin

I know you said it was hard to fnd a rental, was it because of the area Peter was looking in, or was it because of the pets? Its our one concern re obtaining a rental as we have two Labs. What pets do you have? Was he just looking in SH or was he also looking at surrounding areas also?

Thanks
Sonja
hi Sonja,

when i went to view the rental the agent had arranged for others to view at the same time, having now signed the lease and met the neighbour ( they are also renting) they confirmed that at the moment, secret harbour seems to have a shortage of rental properties available, especially if you have pets.

peter.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Peter & Karin;5143146]
Originally Posted by Sonja

hi Sonja,

when i went to view the rental the agent had arranged for others to view at the same time, having now signed the lease and met the neighbour ( they are also renting) they confirmed that at the moment, secret harbour seems to have a shortage of rental properties available, especially if you have pets.

peter.
We are leaving our rental on the 24th August but the lease doesn't expire until 1st September if anyone is interested.

Lynne
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by est71
We are hoping to be in Perth around Sept/Oct 2007.Me(35) OH(34) Kids Lucy aged 9 & Josh aged 15. House still not sold so fingers crossed. We will be stopping with family in Joondana while looking for a rental around ocean reef.

Can anyone recommend good primary and senior schools around Mindarie, Kinross, Ocean Reef for my two kids. The oldest is into footbal (soccer) and plays for a local team here in the UK and is big into sports. He also loves playing cricket and badmington. The youngest also likes playing football and swimming. Also advice on TAFE colleges would be welcome.

Thanks In Advance
Hi

Just seen this post and to let you know My daughter 17 is in her last year at Ocean Reef High school, She has been there since year 8 and has done very well, the school is good and She has loads of friends, would certainly recommend the school to anyone thinking of sending their kids to state school.
My boys are 10 and 8 and both go to Beaumaris primary again I would recommend to anyone as My boys have done ok. classes are rather large , with 24 or more in a class but I think most state schools would be the same.
With regards to the football have a look at Heathridge football club, based at Iluka, see www.footballwest.com.au for clubs close to you.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:59 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by mad.chef
....We have opened a joint Nationwide account which we can use for drawing money out over there if need be.

Sarah.
Hi Sarah,

We are looking into another bank account here in UK where we can access our cash whilst we are in Aus. Have heard the Nationwide mentioned a few times, how does it work? Can you just draw your cash from them without having to phone UK? heard you can access your cash through an ATM in AUS for no extra charge is that right, sorry to pick your brains

Chris & Sharon.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:27 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mick69;5146412]
Originally Posted by Peter & Karin

We are leaving our rental on the 24th August but the lease doesn't expire until 1st September if anyone is interested.

Lynne
Hi Lynne,

I can't imagine how you are feeling right now maybe he will realise he has made a rather large mistake! He might not know this till he's back home and then you may travel back again who knows?

Cheers Carol
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Sarah,

We are looking into another bank account here in UK where we can access our cash whilst we are in Aus. Have heard the Nationwide mentioned a few times, how does it work? Can you just draw your cash from them without having to phone UK? heard you can access your cash through an ATM in AUS for no extra charge is that right, sorry to pick your brains

Chris & Sharon.
Hi there,

Yes we opened a joint flex account online and all you have to do is draw your money via an ATM and get in in dollars. Obviously you have to go with their rate of exchange but they don't charge you for the priviledge.

Hope all is going well.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.