Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a kiddies tv show called play school aswell-it was the bees knees -you had a round ,square and arch window-and they would take you through one of them and show you something so exciting

oh this thread is making me all nostalgic now.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debio
We had a kiddies tv show called play school aswell-it was the bees knees -you had a round ,square and arch window-and they would take you through one of them and show you something so exciting

oh this thread is making me all nostalgic now.
Sounds familiar (the round, square, arch)

http://www.abc.net.au/children/play/faces/default.htm
Found the site

Ahhh, Big Ted! and Little Ted! And Humpty and Jemima.

And lots of new presenter (including Deborah Mailman, very good!)
But still Monica, George, Noni, John, Benita. That means they've been on the show for at least 15 years

Learnt a lot of my english from this show too, and my mum probably too, she remembers watching it with us every arvo!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:22 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey this thread's a long 'un!!!

The thing I haven't been able to get out of my head for years now is a tune that was on a Simpson's episode. The one where Patty & Selma took Bart & Lisa to the Duff Beer factory (Homer couldn't go....he had food poisoning from a baguette he couldn't bear to throw away......stay with me ...) Well....they go through a tunnel on a boat and the puppets in there are singing....'Duff beer for me, duff beer for you....I like a duff, you have one too!!!'

I know....I need therapy...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:15 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I know it isn't an old children's theme tune but Spongebob Squarepants is brilliant - a fantastic opportunity to shout very loudly

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!

I have recently discovered this televisual delight, thanks to my 16 month old nephew and now watch it even when he isn't here! (yes I have just emigrated and have no friends!)
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:53 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

anyone mentioned sesame street.......

Just William....... Famous Five.....cheggers plays pop......How!!!!!

and wait till ure father gets home!!!!!!

remember this

Swap shop gang...... Brown Sauce...... singing I just wanna be a winner!!!!!

love Boomie
xxxxxx
Attached Thumbnails Annoying children's programme theme tunes-iwannabeawinner.jpg  
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

cookie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to Button Moon
To visit Mr Spoon
Button Moon
Button Mooooooooooooonnnnnnn

As i remember it!!!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bill and Ben the flowerpot men - classic
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Captain Pugwash
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:25 am
Badge

AIRWOLF!!!!!!

What a rolling, tiddly diddly tune!!!

BM

Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:43 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Record Breakers!!!

If you want to beat the rest, and be the very best oo hoo dedication is what you need.....

Cue Mr Castle on his trumpet

And the A-team - I used to love that.

Do do do, do do do, diddle diddle, do do do di do, do dodo do, bom bom
Old Apr 16th 2004, 5:22 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Originally posted by bundy
Now that a good percentage of the forum is humming the theme tune to the Littlest Hobo, can we think of any other kid's (or adult) programmes with the sorts of theme tunes that get stuck in your head and won't go away????
Does anyone remember quatermass? think it was were the spaceship thing used to come down and paralyse people....scared the poo out of me.
My friend went on jim,ll fix it she danced in the mist on a stage. Me and a friend always wanted to meet the human league but never got the chance......dont you want me baby, dont you want me oooooooh , reminds me of that daft car advert were the woman pretends to drive off at the garage...
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
Record Breakers!!!

If you want to beat the rest, and be the very best oo hoo dedication is what you need.....

Cue Mr Castle on his trumpet

And the A-team - I used to love that.

Do do do, do do do, diddle diddle, do do do di do, do dodo do, bom bom
My bro played the cornet with Roy Castle...
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:18 am
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road

when my kids were little and we had a shitty car with no radio we used to sing stuff like rainbow and stuff like that. but one hot day, windows down, i really got into Old Macdonald. Stopped at a traffic lights singing my head off, a group of young lads in the car next to me joined in. and it was then i realised i hadnt got the kids with me at that moment in time:scared: i have never driven away so fast in all my life
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:20 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Bill and Ben the flowerpot men - classic

Showing your age now Bix
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:21 am
....is FAB

Originally posted by kez
when my kids were little and we had a shitty car with no radio we used to sing stuff like rainbow and stuff like that. but one hot day, windows down, i really got into Old Macdonald. Stopped at a traffic lights singing my head off, a group of young lads in the car next to me joined in. and it was then i realised i hadnt got the kids with me at that moment in time:scared: i have never driven away so fast in all my life
pmsl.......oh the SHAME!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.