British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Annoying children's programme theme tunes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/annoying-childrens-programme-theme-tunes-224329/)

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:11 pm

Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Now that a good percentage of the forum is humming the theme tune to the Littlest Hobo, can we think of any other kid's (or adult) programmes with the sorts of theme tunes that get stuck in your head and won't go away????

fogmeister Apr 15th 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Annoying children's programme theme tunes

LOL Bundy, get back to work :D

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:14 pm

Originally posted by fogmeister
LOL Bundy, get back to work :D
Can't. The Littlest Hobo has taken over my brain. And I don't have any work to do anyway

sjn2003 Apr 15th 2004 1:18 pm

Originally posted by bundy
Can't. The Littlest Hobo has taken over my brain. And I don't have any work to do anyway

Rhubarb & Custard......now some of us do have work to do...ermm...honest guv !;)

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:19 pm

Originally posted by sjn2003
Rhubarb & Custard......now some of us do have work to do...ermm...honest guv !;)

Truly annoying.

It's actually a desperate bid to get Hobo out of my head! R&C doesn't do it though. Can't sing along

loose Apr 15th 2004 1:20 pm

Dogtanian! Annoying! "all for one and one for all..." grrrrr!

Also hate the Flumps. Had a nightmare as a kid where Pootle (the one with the bobble hat) attacked me while I was camping once. Get a cold sweat to this day if I hear the theme tune.

:scared:

young_lad Apr 15th 2004 1:21 pm

Originally posted by loose

Also hate the Flumps. Had a nightmare as a kid where Pootle (the one with the bobble hat) attacked me while I was camping once. Get a cold sweat to this day if I hear the theme tune.

Was there a flump called 'perkin' as well?

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:23 pm

LOL!!! I have a friend nicknamed Flump because she always used to wear Flump hats. Pootle. Scary. I only had nightmares about Morph and Dr Who.

Dogtanian though, good contender. Monetarily replaces Hobo on my head tape

anya4oz Apr 15th 2004 1:23 pm

Now that a good percentage of the forum is humming the theme tune to the Littlest Hobo, can we think of any other kid's (or adult) programmes with the sorts of theme tunes that get stuck in your head and won't go away????
When I was working in Sydney, I got hooked on watching 'Bananas in Pyjamas' in the mornings & went into meetings etc humming the theme tune.

One of my more stupid colleagues asked me what it was, & I said 'Mozart' which seemed to satisfy him... (Probably one of his early works, say K14 or something like that? :) )

(Yes, Bundy, I am bored too, but it's more displacement activity, because I'm supposed to be preparing my presentations for next week's consultancy days... )

Anya.

young_lad Apr 15th 2004 1:23 pm

Just for you bundy...

Link to BBC article

(The American National anthem is tops...)

fogmeister Apr 15th 2004 1:24 pm

The Krankies and the Chuckle Brothers, dunno if they sang but the thought is unbearable!
Magic Roundabout, thats a nasty one for sure :D

loose Apr 15th 2004 1:25 pm

Originally posted by young_lad
Was there a flump called 'perkin' as well?

I dont know!! I dont want to think about them!!

:scared: ;)

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:26 pm

Originally posted by young_lad
Just for you bundy...

Link to BBC article

Fantastic. I know have a hybrid version of Hobo, crossed with a bit of Grange Hill, some Ski Sunday and Hawaii Five-0.

Anya, like the Mozart trick. Might try it.

bundy Apr 15th 2004 1:27 pm

I dont know!! I dont want to think about them!!

:scared: ;)

Alright, what about the Wombles then? I always got them confused with the Flumps, which shows how well my brain used to work.

Pompey Apr 15th 2004 1:28 pm

Thanks very much

Read the thread and now all I have in my head is:

Bod!!!!!

Phil