Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice anyone?? Scaffolder and family wanting to move.

Advice anyone?? Scaffolder and family wanting to move.

Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Elena86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice anyone?? Scaffolder and family wanting to move.

[QUOTE=Grayling;10651175]
Originally Posted by Elena86
The link you posted shows that the diagnosis of skin cancer is higher in Australia than in the UK and that is for a third of the population size...can't you read?

As for nothing better to do....I live in Queensland....one of the most boring places on the planet

Well maybe where you live is great but its no fun if you dont have any friends??

The way people go on about Oz in here you would think its hell on earth! Dont come you'll get skin cancer!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Elena86;10651179]
Originally Posted by Grayling

Well maybe where you live is great
are you sure you can read?.....That is not what I said at all

I said it is one of the most boring places on the planet

No friends?...most people are in bed by 9.0 pm
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

You talked about DIAGNOSIS..fact is rates are far higher in Australia

Now try googling some more reliable sites than the Daily Mail

Haha Its ok I'll save the googling for you, you probably need something to do.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Haha Its ok I'll save the googling for you, you probably need something to do.
Well at least I know where I can and can't live
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Grayling;10651184]

are you sure you can read?.....That is not what I said at all

I said it is one of the most boring places on the planet

No friends?...most people are in bed by 9.0 pm

I thought you were being smug and sarcastic, you just seem that type.
9pm bedtime nice, enjoy!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well at least I know where I can and can't live

Yeah you like living in boring places apparantly. I can live in America if i want i can live in Oz if i want maybe i'll see you there! Or maybe not if your in bed for 9pm
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

i can live in Oz if i want maybe i'll see you there! Or maybe not if your in bed for 9pm
So you have already got a visa then have you?

Is that as an electrician or a scaffolder
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

So you have already got a visa then have you?

Is that as an electrician or a scaffolder

Ive got American visas approved yes, i can get my Oz visa if i wanted it bad enough. Just looking at all my options .

My husbands a scaffolder hes thinking about getting trained up as an electrician, hes already done a bit of training.

Do you need anything else explained or are you done? Why dont you look through my spelling im sure they will be some things you could pick up there.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well weve already had it processed and approved!! Surely that wouldnt have been possible if he was already a citizen. They have his birth certificate.
I have dual citizenship. Im living in England, my sons dad is English, he was born in England and i am English he needs a visa he has no social sercurity number, if he had been born in America he would have had US citizenship but he wasnt so hes a British citizen.
In my browsing of the US forum on here I have seen a few cases where a child has been granted a visa when they are in fact a US citizen - same can happen with Aussies born abroad. I will try and find you a link later, as it might be worth checking in more detail - otherwise if you do move to the US at some point things could get complicated.
I'm not trying to create problems for you, just remembering a couple of threads from people who were in a similar family position
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a quote from the link called' UK SKIN CANCER RATES WORST THAN AUSTRAILIA'

The new figures show that in the past five years there have been 8,100 British deaths from malignant melanoma, compared to 4,900 in Australia.

In a typical year, 7,850 cases of malignant melanoma are diagnosed in Australia compared to 5,990 in the UK, BUT the number of DEATHS in Australia is just 1,000 compared to 1,600 in Britain.

Like i said to Dorothy its more about how safe you are in the sun then how hot the country is. Thats the point of the article.
That's WORSE not WORST
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In my browsing of the US forum on here I have seen a few cases where a child has been granted a visa when they are in fact a US citizen - same can happen with Aussies born abroad. I will try and find you a link later, as it might be worth checking in more detail - otherwise if you do move to the US at some point things could get complicated.
I'm not trying to create problems for you, just remembering a couple of threads from people who were in a similar family position

I'll definitely have to look into that it would be much easier for us if he was given a US passport.

No thanks thats great you'll be doing me a huge favour if that is the case, it will make thing a lot simpler. I just assumed because they processed the visa that hes wasnt a citizen.

Last edited by Elena86; Apr 10th 2013 at 3:42 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
That's WORSE not WORST

Haha
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll definitely have to look into that it would be much easier for us if he was given a US passport.

No thanks thats great you'll be doing me a huge favour if that is the case, it will make thing a lot simpler. I just assumed because they processed the visa that hes wasnt a citizen.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772987
Took some finding but thats the main thread I remember. There are some useful links in it that might help, or if you start a thread in the US immigration forum then people there may be able to help you out straight away.
The US authorities would just process the application as submitted for a visa, they wouldn't check for citizenship as a routine thing. But if he is eligible as you will see from some of the discussions in that htread he might benefit from getting the situation clarified now - even if you as a family never move to the US it may be useful for him in the future
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772987
Took some finding but thats the main thread I remember. There are some useful links in it that might help, or if you start a thread in the US immigration forum then people there may be able to help you out straight away.
The US authorities would just process the application as submitted for a visa, they wouldn't check for citizenship as a routine thing. But if he is eligible as you will see from some of the discussions in that htread he might benefit from getting the situation clarified now - even if you as a family never move to the US it may be useful for him in the future

Thanks a lot Pollyana really appreciate it! Hopefully that will help if not i'll have to give the embassy a ring!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 11:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So Pollyana's a hero and I'm a bitch for giving you the same information? Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.