Adelaide Bound

Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:47 pm
  #61  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: u.k.
Posts: 184
paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by teejay66
Great piccies would like to know where they were all taken , areas etc

thanks Phil
pic 1& 2 is at the marina at glenelg,pic 3 the beach at glenelg north, pics 4 & 5 at greenwith
the pic attached is at north haven harbour about 10mins drive north down the coast of glenelg, note the dolphins in the water.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Bound-australia-066.jpg   Adelaide Bound-australia-077.jpg  
paka is offline  
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:08 pm
  #62  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Northamptonshire
Posts: 138
LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by paka
pic 1& 2 is at the marina at glenelg,pic 3 the beach at glenelg north, pics 4 & 5 at greenwith
the pic attached is at north haven harbour about 10mins drive north down the coast of glenelg, note the dolphins in the water.

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

OUR 47SK SENT OFF TODAY........

LINDA / DAVE
LindyLooPot is offline  
Old Feb 10th 2006, 4:52 pm
  #63  
BE Enthusiast
 
teejay66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Sorrento Goldcoast
Posts: 459
teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

OUR 47SK SENT OFF TODAY........

LINDA / DAVE
Best of luck with it, hopefuly ours won't be to far behind.

Tracey
teejay66 is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:17 am
  #64  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Millswood, Adelaide, OZ
Posts: 58
The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

OUR 47SK SENT OFF TODAY........

LINDA / DAVE

Absoluty Fabulous!!!
The_Stockwells is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:01 pm
  #65  
Forum Regular
 
the woodys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Essex
Posts: 30
the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Carolyn

I've just tried that website, but it didn't work. are there any typos in there?

We got our visa in Sept and have sold the house and hopefully only have 2 weeks till exchange as well. We are hoping to fly out to Adelaide on 27th March.

Maybe we should all organise a big Adelaide meet up when we all get there?

Martine (49 days to go!)
Hi Martine
Good luck with your big move ! We are also travelling to Adelaide on March 27th for a reccie. Are you on the SIR visa ? If so do you mind me asking you how long the whole process has taken you ?
We would be interested to meet up with any ex pats that live in Adelaide or with people on inspections trips whilst we are over there. We have children of school age 14,9,12,4 it would be helpful to hear from people in similar circumstances.

all the best

Dave and Jo
the woodys is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:13 pm
  #66  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 32
Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi,

Only yesterday my husband & I received confirmation that our SIR application for South Australia has been accepted and tomorrow our Visa Agent will send off our 47SK, then I understand that we only have 7 months of agony waiting and waiting for an answer.

Would like to chat to anyone in the same situation, hopeful to go and live in Adelaide, or anyone that is already there, with a view to making this wait more enjoyable and help pass the time & meet new friends to go with our new life.
Hi Lindy,
We used to live in S.Aus in Elizabeth just north of Adelaide and wish we could get back there, [to old now] but we have been back on holidays there and we passed through Golden Grove on the "o"Bahn and it looks a nice place, fairly new, I was looking on the Adelaide Advertiser pages the other day and the govt have just announced they plan to build a new town just north of Elizabeth, they reckon there is enough work for the next 15 years,and they are builbing a big Army base there as well near the Air Force Base, it might be worth looking at that, good luck.
Raymond Hogan is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:17 am
  #67  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Millswood, Adelaide, OZ
Posts: 58
The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by the woodys
Hi Martine
Good luck with your big move ! We are also travelling to Adelaide on March 27th for a reccie. Are you on the SIR visa ? If so do you mind me asking you how long the whole process has taken you ?
We would be interested to meet up with any ex pats that live in Adelaide or with people on inspections trips whilst we are over there. We have children of school age 14,9,12,4 it would be helpful to hear from people in similar circumstances.

all the best

Dave and Jo
Hi Dave & Jo

Yes, we're on the SIR Visa and I have no idea of the exact time it took to get our visas, but we estimate that from the initial application to Vetassess (I think that was the first thing!) - it probably took close to a year and a half! We got our visa in September but have had a nightmare with 2 house sales falling through! We're currently on our 3rd sale and are keeping all fingers legs and toes crossed!

How long are you in Adelaide for? We are actually flying into Sydney for a visit with friends then buying a car and driving to Adelaide! We hope to be in Adelaide by 12th April.

Martine
The_Stockwells is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:22 pm
  #68  
Forum Regular
 
the woodys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Essex
Posts: 30
the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Dave & Jo

Yes, we're on the SIR Visa and I have no idea of the exact time it took to get our visas, but we estimate that from the initial application to Vetassess (I think that was the first thing!) - it probably took close to a year and a half! We got our visa in September but have had a nightmare with 2 house sales falling through! We're currently on our 3rd sale and are keeping all fingers legs and toes crossed!

How long are you in Adelaide for? We are actually flying into Sydney for a visit with friends then buying a car and driving to Adelaide! We hope to be in Adelaide by 12th April.

Martine
Hi Martine

Unfortunately we leave Adelaide on the 11th of April. So just miss you, Sounds like you have had a nightmare, getting to this stage. Fingers crossed with the house sale, third time lucky and all that ! Hopefully we will get to meet you in Adelaide one day when we have our Visa !!

All the best with the trip

Dave Jo
the woodys is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:12 am
  #69  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Millswood, Adelaide, OZ
Posts: 58
The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by the woodys
Hi Martine

Unfortunately we leave Adelaide on the 11th of April. So just miss you, Sounds like you have had a nightmare, getting to this stage. Fingers crossed with the house sale, third time lucky and all that ! Hopefully we will get to meet you in Adelaide one day when we have our Visa !!

All the best with the trip

Dave Jo
Yes, we will definitely have to all meet up in Adelaide when we all finally get there!
The_Stockwells is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.