Adelaide Bound

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hey congrats all the waiting is over for you - we have it all ahead of us.

Perhaps I can pick your brains along the way for helpfull advice & stuff.

Question No 1?

Hopefully our 47SK will go tomorrow am I better to wait or start grabbing as much info as I can.

Linda (excited) but it dont take much
Hi Linda

The waiting still continues as we need to sell the house, I hope it doesn't take long!.

Any questions you have I'll be happy to help.

With regards info, I was researching everything before we even sent our TRA Here's a good site www.sacentral.com.au very helpful.

Wendy x
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:14 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone heading to Adelaide. We have been here over 3 months now and live in Blackwood. Moving here has been the best thing we have ever done - it's fab

Don't know if you already know (probably you do ) but there is a dedicated forum for Adelaide Brits. It is www.s2invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits

Carolyn
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all the Adelaide bound BE members. We are also heading for Adelaide on an SIR (non MODL occupation) and have just sent TRA off. Would be interested to know how long its taking for TRA approval and the DIMIA yes. Seems to be plenty of posts for modl occupations but not many for sol occupations. Any advise greatly received.

Linda

You will have to come to the next Northampton meet as Gravyman says we have a great time and you have just missed a hum dinger. The people are great and friendly and the organiser (Jane and Russ more Jane than Russ ) live not far from Northampton. Check out the threads for Northampton meets. Look forward to meeting you.

Tracey/Phil
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:53 pm
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Adelaide Bound

Hi,

Only yesterday my husband & I received confirmation that our SIR application for South Australia has been accepted and tomorrow our Visa Agent will send off our 47SK, then I understand that we only have 7 months of agony waiting and waiting for an answer.

Would like to chat to anyone in the same situation, hopeful to go and live in Adelaide, or anyone that is already there, with a view to making this wait more enjoyable and help pass the time & meet new friends to go with our new life.
Hi, we are off to Adelaide at the end of April/start of May,that,same,hubby and three kids age 18, 2 and seven months. Have been to Sydney and Melbourne before but not Adelaide so we are researching like mad to find the right suburbs fot us.Would be great to chat to some others who are going or are already out there.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:23 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading Adelaide way tooooo!!

My husband lived there albeit a while back but for about 8 months having travelled all around Oz, he loved it there!!

Going in June for a month rekkie trip and then home again to sell house and soon as sold off we go for good, well fingers crossed!!

Hope to be there for end of 2006!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Lindy

Where abouts in Northamptonshire are you. It's a pity you didn't see the Northampton meet last weekend. Another one is planned for March.

Our visa took a day under 3 months from submitting online to getting the email.

Graham
Hi ya

We are in Daventry, and I cant wait to meet with you all in March - do you have any ideas when this might be as my Diary is filling up fast (popular aint I??? not) and I want to make sure I dont miss it.

I cant beleive how excited I am do you all feel this way ??
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:09 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We're SIR heading for Adelaide too. We're waiting to hear from VETASSESS so we've a ways to go yet, but we hope to be in Adelaide before Christmas. Hoping to put the house on the market as soon as the sponsorship is approved just in case it takes ages to sell. Started the big clear out this weekend in prep for it going up for sale. Was out this morning buying some new accessories for our room and the spare room - OH isn't too pleased with my colour choice - Pink!! The kids on the other hand, love it

We've so much stuff, which is going either to a boot sale, or on eBay. Next week, we're going to tackle the garage :scared:

Not sure exactly where we're heading in Adelaide yet but as soon as the sponsorship is approved we'll start some serious research. BTW, the latest version of Google Earth has AMAZING views of Adelaide.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough

Hi Carolyn

I've just tried that website, but it didn't work. are there any typos in there?

We got our visa in Sept and have sold the house and hopefully only have 2 weeks till exchange as well. We are hoping to fly out to Adelaide on 27th March.

Maybe we should all organise a big Adelaide meet up when we all get there?

Martine (49 days to go!)

Originally Posted by NAC
Just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone heading to Adelaide. We have been here over 3 months now and live in Blackwood. Moving here has been the best thing we have ever done - it's fab

Don't know if you already know (probably you do ) but there is a dedicated forum for Adelaide Brits. It is www.s2invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits

Carolyn
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Carolyn

I've just tried that website, but it didn't work. are there any typos in there?

We got our visa in Sept and have sold the house and hopefully only have 2 weeks till exchange as well. We are hoping to fly out to Adelaide on 27th March.

Maybe we should all organise a big Adelaide meet up when we all get there?

Martine (49 days to go!)

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Only yesterday my husband & I received confirmation that our SIR application for South Australia has been accepted and tomorrow our Visa Agent will send off our 47SK, then I understand that we only have 7 months of agony waiting and waiting for an answer.

Would like to chat to anyone in the same situation, hopeful to go and live in Adelaide, or anyone that is already there, with a view to making this wait more enjoyable and help pass the time & meet new friends to go with our new life.

gr8 to know of ur success. We too applied on 21 dec 2005 for Adelaide. results awaited. Keep contact.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:39 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

gr8 news. Can I ask how long the SIR application took?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough

Super - thank you

Originally Posted by WendyC
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Originally Posted by herrchook
gr8 news. Can I ask how long the SIR application took?

Hi Ya

I recon that it was just over 2 weeks. I am sure that our Visa Agent said it could take about 6 weeks and was so pleased when it came back so quickly.

Hope you have the same luck, what area are you from?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teejay66
Hi to all the Adelaide bound BE members. We are also heading for Adelaide on an SIR (non MODL occupation) and have just sent TRA off. Would be interested to know how long its taking for TRA approval and the DIMIA yes. Seems to be plenty of posts for modl occupations but not many for sol occupations. Any advise greatly received.

Linda

You will have to come to the next Northampton meet as Gravyman says we have a great time and you have just missed a hum dinger. The people are great and friendly and the organiser (Jane and Russ more Jane than Russ ) live not far from Northampton. Check out the threads for Northampton meets. Look forward to meeting you.

Tracey/Phil

Hi Tracy & Phil

I am looking forward to the next meet just hope it's a weekend we have free as things are getting a bit hectic at the moment.

I really would like to get to meet other people in the same situation and if possible carry on meeting once we are all there.

One of my best friends is in Oz at the moment doing a rekki of the area and they have arranged through this site to meet up with other people livng there at the moment, but they are heading for Perth, but as it's only 3 hours away from Adelaide on a plane it dont seem that far away really.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gjs
Hi, we are off to Adelaide at the end of April/start of May,that,same,hubby and three kids age 18, 2 and seven months. Have been to Sydney and Melbourne before but not Adelaide so we are researching like mad to find the right suburbs fot us.Would be great to chat to some others who are going or are already out there.

Hi Ya

Would be great to catch up with anyone bound for Adelaide too, I also have been to Oz in 1994 but only to Sydney to see the rels for 6 weeks.

Like you need to do a lot of research as to what region to look into as I am not sure under the SIR visa if we have to head for certain regions, I cant seem to find anything that would give me specifics.

Happy Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.