Adelaide Bound

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by teejay66
Great piccies would like to know where they were all taken , areas etc

thanks Phil
pic 1& 2 is at the marina at glenelg,pic 3 the beach at glenelg north, pics 4 & 5 at greenwith
the pic attached is at north haven harbour about 10mins drive north down the coast of glenelg, note the dolphins in the water.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Bound-australia-066.jpg   Adelaide Bound-australia-077.jpg  
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Originally Posted by paka
pic 1& 2 is at the marina at glenelg,pic 3 the beach at glenelg north, pics 4 & 5 at greenwith
the pic attached is at north haven harbour about 10mins drive north down the coast of glenelg, note the dolphins in the water.

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

OUR 47SK SENT OFF TODAY........

LINDA / DAVE
Old Feb 10th 2006, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot

LINDA / DAVE
Best of luck with it, hopefuly ours won't be to far behind.

Tracey
Old Feb 10th 2006, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough

LINDA / DAVE

Absoluty Fabulous!!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Carolyn

I've just tried that website, but it didn't work. are there any typos in there?

We got our visa in Sept and have sold the house and hopefully only have 2 weeks till exchange as well. We are hoping to fly out to Adelaide on 27th March.

Maybe we should all organise a big Adelaide meet up when we all get there?

Martine (49 days to go!)
Hi Martine
Good luck with your big move ! We are also travelling to Adelaide on March 27th for a reccie. Are you on the SIR visa ? If so do you mind me asking you how long the whole process has taken you ?
We would be interested to meet up with any ex pats that live in Adelaide or with people on inspections trips whilst we are over there. We have children of school age 14,9,12,4 it would be helpful to hear from people in similar circumstances.

all the best

Dave and Jo
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Only yesterday my husband & I received confirmation that our SIR application for South Australia has been accepted and tomorrow our Visa Agent will send off our 47SK, then I understand that we only have 7 months of agony waiting and waiting for an answer.

Would like to chat to anyone in the same situation, hopeful to go and live in Adelaide, or anyone that is already there, with a view to making this wait more enjoyable and help pass the time & meet new friends to go with our new life.
Hi Lindy,
We used to live in S.Aus in Elizabeth just north of Adelaide and wish we could get back there, [to old now] but we have been back on holidays there and we passed through Golden Grove on the "o"Bahn and it looks a nice place, fairly new, I was looking on the Adelaide Advertiser pages the other day and the govt have just announced they plan to build a new town just north of Elizabeth, they reckon there is enough work for the next 15 years,and they are builbing a big Army base there as well near the Air Force Base, it might be worth looking at that, good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by the woodys
Hi Martine
Good luck with your big move ! We are also travelling to Adelaide on March 27th for a reccie. Are you on the SIR visa ? If so do you mind me asking you how long the whole process has taken you ?
We would be interested to meet up with any ex pats that live in Adelaide or with people on inspections trips whilst we are over there. We have children of school age 14,9,12,4 it would be helpful to hear from people in similar circumstances.

all the best

Dave and Jo
Hi Dave & Jo

Yes, we're on the SIR Visa and I have no idea of the exact time it took to get our visas, but we estimate that from the initial application to Vetassess (I think that was the first thing!) - it probably took close to a year and a half! We got our visa in September but have had a nightmare with 2 house sales falling through! We're currently on our 3rd sale and are keeping all fingers legs and toes crossed!

How long are you in Adelaide for? We are actually flying into Sydney for a visit with friends then buying a car and driving to Adelaide! We hope to be in Adelaide by 12th April.

Martine
Old Feb 14th 2006, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
Hi Dave & Jo

Yes, we're on the SIR Visa and I have no idea of the exact time it took to get our visas, but we estimate that from the initial application to Vetassess (I think that was the first thing!) - it probably took close to a year and a half! We got our visa in September but have had a nightmare with 2 house sales falling through! We're currently on our 3rd sale and are keeping all fingers legs and toes crossed!

How long are you in Adelaide for? We are actually flying into Sydney for a visit with friends then buying a car and driving to Adelaide! We hope to be in Adelaide by 12th April.

Martine
Hi Martine

Unfortunately we leave Adelaide on the 11th of April. So just miss you, Sounds like you have had a nightmare, getting to this stage. Fingers crossed with the house sale, third time lucky and all that ! Hopefully we will get to meet you in Adelaide one day when we have our Visa !!

All the best with the trip

Dave Jo
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the woodys
Hi Martine

Unfortunately we leave Adelaide on the 11th of April. So just miss you, Sounds like you have had a nightmare, getting to this stage. Fingers crossed with the house sale, third time lucky and all that ! Hopefully we will get to meet you in Adelaide one day when we have our Visa !!

All the best with the trip

Dave Jo
Yes, we will definitely have to all meet up in Adelaide when we all finally get there!