Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Wikiposts

$1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:05 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Lol

How about Mandelaland?

Sounds like it's too closely related to Peter Mandelson...

S
Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:08 pm
Banned

jeanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Mostly it is the common factor and issues rightnow...

Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:26 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
The same one you pulled your MBA bit of paper out of (rich kids, ooops sorry adults), what a joke qualification that has turned into, get some real business/life experiece rather than a bit of paper.....

I'm not sure how I could progress to the dizzy level of economic understanding you demonstrate on here without a major head injury.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:34 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I'm not sure how I could progress to the dizzy level of economic understanding you demonstrate on here without a major head injury.
That's because you have a one year fast track quick fix "got loads of money" bit of paper qualification which qualifies you to not understand real world economic problems...

Come back when you have a 1st in say Mech Eng or a scientific qualifiaction from Bath or Imperial London or any decent academic institution anywhere in this globe......
Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:48 pm

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
That's because you have a one year fast track quick fix "got loads of money" bit of paper qualification which qualifies you to not understand real world economic problems...

Come back when you have a 1st in say Mech Eng or a scientific qualifiaction from Bath or Imperial London or any decent academic institution anywhere in this globe......
Pick up your toys, put them back in the pram and go and do a GCSE in economics.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:50 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: $1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Which of your anal pockets did you pull that out of?!
a 4.1% drop in electricity and gas production as the warm weather caused people to turn down heating,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16715080
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ballys
a 4.1% drop in electricity and gas production as the warm weather caused people to turn down heating,

It was cited as the reason the UK saw a contraction in q4 which it isn't and even the BBC article didn't say that. Germany and Spain already are back in recession and the UK is experiencing negative growth for the same reasons - the credit crunch primarily.

Besides, RWE, EDF, EON and Inderola aren't even British. The q4 billing wouldn't even be complete yet either.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:39 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

The quarterly fall in GDP is the first since the last three months of 2010, when freezing weather was blamed for a 0.5% drop.

The new figure was worse than had been feared, as most economists had pencilled in a 0.1% fall in activity.

The contraction was driven by a 0.9% fall in manufacturing, a 4.1% drop in electricity and gas production as the warm weather caused people to turn down heating, and a 0.5% fall in construction sector.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:32 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt we will see the same sort of things from all Western nations in the near future or it could just be that the UK is going down the toilet
Old Jan 25th 2012, 4:01 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Girls girls girls, let's all settle down.

The truth is economics is such a complex multidimensional subject that it's hard to distinguish black from white. Everyone is right, and everyone is at the same time wrong.

Let's not resort to anything other than a general discussion on the relevant economic progress of the UK and Australia.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:05 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

New low today at $1.4710.

Bought myself some bmi miles and business class flights to Asia under $1300!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
New low today at $1.4710.

Bought myself some bmi miles and business class flights to Asia under $1300!
I can honestly say i never thought i would see $1.4710 in my lifetime? This is going to kill any new immigrants to Australia. With UK 10 year bonds yielding circa 2%, and the outlook for the UK not at all looking good, along with more QE, and ZIRP continuing for at least the next few years until we see the Forex market taking Sterling to the slaughter house? Who know's how low it could go, could it touch $1.40?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Girls girls girls, let's all settle down.

The truth is economics is such a complex multidimensional subject that it's hard to distinguish black from white. Everyone is right, and everyone is at the same time wrong.

Let's not resort to anything other than a general discussion on the relevant economic progress of the UK and Australia.

Totally agree, my toys are back in my pram, i am smiling looking up at mum, not a tear in sight. No more tantrums. Promise.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Paul2412 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell, I'm heading over in a couple of weeks on a WHV.... I'm beginning to think the savings I've allocated aren't going to be enough if it carries on like this.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile Australia's inflation rate came in at 0% for the last quarter.

Australia is looking so much better than the UK if the proverbial hits the fan. It's new found safe haven status and low inflation means the Reserve can cut interest rates to its heart's content. The only problem is that the AUD might not drop as much as it did in past crises and there will be less of a stimulatory effect.

By contrast, the UK has nowhere to go. A shrinking economy, interest rates already close to 0, moderately high inflation and its trading partners are in a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.