Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by pugliese
I agree, they are just ways to fill up the comune's coffer. They are also positioned in spots which are not dangerous, but where they can hide better. As soon as I see them, I flash the oncoming traffic (some even wave to say thank you)! Not a month goes past when I don't have to transfer some amount to someone because there are 5 drivers in our family and mum has to pay the lot!
Be careful if you flash your lights at other drivers.
They have a trick here where they park another car further down the road to catch "flashers".
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Be careful if you flash your lights at other drivers.
They have a trick here where they park another car further down the road to catch "flashers".
Yes, I second that. They'll do anything to catch you out ...

Anyway I'm still dreading OH's reaction more than anything... hell hath no fury etc...
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, they are just ways to fill up the comune's coffer. They are also positioned in spots which are not dangerous, but where they can hide better. As soon as I see them, I flash the oncoming traffic (some even wave to say thank you)! Not a month goes past when I don't have to transfer some amount to someone because there are 5 drivers in our family and mum has to pay the lot!
That's illegal and if they catch you flashing your lights at oncoming traffic you'll loose points !
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:30 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Yes, I second that. They'll do anything to catch you out ...

Anyway I'm still dreading OH's reaction more than anything... hell hath no fury etc...
Do you have to tell her? Just pay it and keep shtum.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Genius!

.. y'see . .I'm just too honest ... I really shouldn't be fined in the first place...
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Well I've been flashing for years and never been caught. Neither have I ever seen a second police car (only in Germany). I feel strongly about the injustice of it all, so have become a criminal myself!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you get a few yourself Lorna......

Last edited by HADENOUGHPIZZA; Nov 23rd 2012 at 7:36 am. Reason: attack of bad spelling
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:36 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
You must be more sophisticated in the North. No cameras where I live, people do what they want. I must admit that I speed too, otherwise everyone will be overtaking me.
They are everywhere here! Must admit, we could do with one. We live in a 30km zone because there is a school at the top and at the bottom and a park in the middle. They've put a speed bumb in in front of out block, but vehicles now just speed up and fly over it.

Last edited by 37100; Nov 23rd 2012 at 7:52 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
sounds like you get a few yourself Lorna......
Never had one in my life, but with OH working away so much, he hardly ever sees the bills that come in and what money goes out. Sometimes he asks me what the bank balance is, but apart from that I'm left to deal with all the paperwork.

Had one parking ticket only and that was the other year when I was parked outside the school I was working in and the vigile put tickets on about 6 teachers' cars.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:56 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Bank made a fine mess of our accounts last weekend when they moved it. Even charged us for withdrawing cash abroad. Now, on another account, they've paid ICI twice!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Nothing worse than being p*ssed off than being p*ssed off on a Friday...

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been flashing for years and never been caught. Neither have I ever seen a second police car (only in Germany). I feel strongly about the injustice of it all, so have become a criminal myself!
Me too. A second police car, they should be lucky to have one in the first place considering that our comune is almost bankrupt.
Since I was fined several years ago ' for not adjusting my speed in front of a school' by a vigile who judged this with his eyes, I am also turning into a criminal.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

I have always said, if the comune is short of cash all it needs to do is lurk by a pedestrian crossing and fine everyone who doesn't stop for pedestrians. They will have made a fortune by lunchtime!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena
I have always said, if the comune is short of cash all it needs to do is lurk by a pedestrian crossing and fine everyone who doesn't stop for pedestrians. They will have made a fortune by lunchtime!
Agree absolutelly.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
"We" know you do and don't have a lot of things 'nel sud' which here are common practice....
Hey steady on Mark, around here we are neither 'nel sud o nel nord' but rather somewhere inbetween

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.