HAPPY HOUR

Old May 29th 2008, 8:56 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by Patty
Its official - all the schools in our area are closed tomorrow ! The children are jumping about with joy - nice long weekend
Watched the weather earlier and the storm warnings are for everywhere from Tuscany northwards now! We had our first dose today - torrential rain and thunder. But still needed the AC on it was that warm from earlier in the week. The sky was black with storm clouds about 8.00 p.m.

The satellite picture on SKY Meteo made it look almost like a hurricane is swirling over northern Italy! Nasty.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:32 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Watched the weather earlier and the storm warnings are for everywhere from Tuscany northwards now! We had our first dose today - torrential rain and thunder. But still needed the AC on it was that warm from earlier in the week. The sky was black with storm clouds about 8.00 p.m.

The satellite picture on SKY Meteo made it look almost like a hurricane is swirling over northern Italy! Nasty.
well the storm is about to hit my place now ....... the torrential rain has already begun and the sky is black.

We will all have to make a mad dash into school wearing hooded raincoats as my umbrella is all broken -dammit.

Better turn off the PC now too - not covered on house insurance as they are , and I quote the insurance company " too sensitive to electricity and static changes "
Old May 29th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough

gosh, Lorna, Patty, hope you guys are ok, and so sad for the neighbours in your area Pats. Lorna's right, I also wouldn't know about this weather as my t.v. is tuned to GMTV this time of day! Any fingers Xd not too much damage occurs.
Old May 29th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

By the way when things are back to normal - I've put my photos on to a Blog! Never had one before so I suppose I'll need to fill it with useless info about me one day In the meantime, all one has to do is go to my blog then view my profile, then view photo album.
Old May 29th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Lovely photos!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:35 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You look very glam and happy! A good sign! I love your flowers, what were they? They looked like sweet peas, but I couldn't tell.

Your OH looks very distinguished. You can tell he has lived in the UK - his style of dress is much more there than here, I think - this isn't a bad thing BTW! He reminds me of my OH in stature and colouring - similar ages too! Mind you mine keeps blobbing up at the mo' and going on all sorts of strange diets and exercise regimes to get rid of it. When he last came home he had really piled on the pounds, I was a bit shocked as he had been telling me how good his diet etc was!! It's funny though, he is always quick to tell me if he thinks I have put weight on ( we're talking a pound here or there) but I rarely tell him as he gets so wrung up about it! Men!

Storm gone here - still wet, but no thunder anymore.

I'm off to the UK next week to visit my son's senior school. Can't wait!
I'm being sarcastic, I really don't want to go, I hate flying, I'm not that fussed yet about going back to the UK, but needs must. Thing is I'm back again end of June! And then again in September for his first day! The things we do for kids!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for the comments guys! The flowers are peonis - I wanted something purple - ish to go with my top! Funnily enough most of my friends were wearing white so the locals who were eyeballing the event kept 'auguri-ing' the wrong person, hysterical!

With regards your OH and dieting TR - mine loves to cook AND eat his experiments so he doesn't have much chance to comment I find men on the whole are a lot vainer than women, don't you?!

I bet you're excited about your trip really! Lose yourself in a good book on the flight if you can - take one that you've been meaning to read but haven't had the time or something
Old May 29th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ooh Ballerina -got quite friendly with Dev I see Lucky lass!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sands
By the way when things are back to normal - I've put my photos on to a Blog! Never had one before so I suppose I'll need to fill it with useless info about me one day In the meantime, all one has to do is go to my blog then view my profile, then view photo album.
WHERE IS IT ???????
Old May 29th 2008, 9:15 pm

FOUND IT

lovely photos
Old May 29th 2008, 9:23 pm

got my car back yesterday. Walked into the garage place and saw my car hoisted up in the air with the two front wheels off ......... and I knew it was all going to cost more than a standard MOT.
Apparently the brake discs needed replacing - which of course I know is very important but still made total bill go up to 180 euros.

Went to dentist this morning thinking I'd lost part of an old filling. I haven't - I have a slightly lowered gum line making tooth feel more sensitive. He put some stuff on it and told me to o back next week for some more stuff and then I should be ok. Made an appointment for both kids and haven't paid him yet so don't know how much final bill will all come to.

I wonder what would happen if I just never went back ... they don't have my address and they don't have my kids name in the book either - nurse just wrote "Lorna - bimbi - controllo"
Old May 29th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

But WE know where you are

Thanks for the comment re photos.

Has the weather changed for the better yet?
Old May 29th 2008, 9:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

Thank you for the comments guys! The flowers are peonis - I wanted something purple - ish to go with my top! Funnily enough most of my friends were wearing white so the locals who were eyeballing the event kept 'auguri-ing' the wrong person, hysterical!

With regards your OH and dieting TR - mine loves to cook AND eat his experiments so he doesn't have much chance to comment I find men on the whole are a lot vainer than women, don't you?!

I bet you're excited about your trip really! Lose yourself in a good book on the flight if you can - take one that you've been meaning to read but haven't had the time or something
Funny about congratulating the wrong person! Only in Italy would guests wear white or were they Brits too?

Mine just moans I don't have enough food in when he comes home, he's a lot better, but I used to have to hide anything sweet or tasty or he would eat it late at night!

And no, really, I'm not! The UK really doesn't interest me at the moment! I'm waiting for homesickness and nostalgia to kick in, but it hasn't yet! Don't forget, I've only been here 18months and I wanted to come here, so maybe that's the difference! With the flying, I wish I could disappear into a book, but I'll be flying with the demon child, who goes "weee" in turbulence, reads the safety card and demonstrates plane landings with the word "splat" inserted in her demo! At least it's a short hop from here!!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

First thing - swop the kid!
Old May 29th 2008, 9:49 pm

But WE know where you are

Thanks for the comment re photos.

Has the weather changed for the better yet?
yes - it's finally stopped raining but it was so bad this morning. The road outside Alex's school turned into a lake in just the short time that I was taking him inside and my trainers and feet got soaked. Not nice driving with cold wet feet but at least I did have the car back - thank goodness it wasn't this morning that I was supposed to take it in ......it wouldn't have been a pleasant walk back home today !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.