Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Lucybell33
You're very welcome. I can't say I can recall what American bread is like, but if it's as bad as they say on here, I'll definitely be looking for something better - preferably organic too! You could be on to something, especially in super-health conscious CA!

We're moving with my husband's work, so me and the kids are just along for the ride! We're looking to move to Pleasanton, which is just south of San Ramon - it seems to be a great area.
You will be fine for bread in SF, some of the best bakeries in the world there. I'm sure you will love living there, I hear so many good things about the area. Our friends in San Ramon are always out hiking, playing golf or exploring new areas. Best of luck to you, really hope everything works out for you all there.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
That's about Trader Joe prices. At a bakery, loaf would be $6-10. Down my way.
Interesting, I think people are prepared to pay more for quality food nowadays. That seemed expensive to me but good to know it is about the going rate down your way.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:12 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurley1
Interesting, I think people are prepared to pay more for quality food nowadays. That seemed expensive to me but good to know it is about the going rate down your way.
Same prices around here, in the Bay Area
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
It's not just the point about binge drinking..which happens everywhere in the world.

Most people are engaging him as entertainment.
Well, I was saying that I thought it is a well known fact that Britain is famous for binge drinking whereas nowhere else in the world is. Right? Wrong?

I don't agree with all the stuff HotScotch is saying, but I get the feeling that not all answers to him are for entertainment. It seems some are getting all worked up. Anyway, not that I care much.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
From my house I don't see another living creature unless you count the deer in the fields next door, or the guinea fowl and partridges wandering through the garden. I wouldn't live in a city or town for all the money in the world, I suspect that's why your view of the UK is so different to mine. Not a yob in sight, and I still leave my back door open most of the time.

As for a holiday home, I recommend Cornwall, that's where ours is.

:
Oooh, sounds lovely, please please please tell me where that is? Please? PM maybe?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
Well, I was saying that I thought it is a well known fact that Britain is famous for binge drinking whereas nowhere else in the world is. Right? Wrong?

I don't agree with all the stuff HotScotch is saying, but I get the feeling that not all answers to him are for entertainment. It seems some are getting all worked up. Anyway, not that I care much.

It's not me that's spouting rubbish. It's Chico that's doing the spouting.

And my handle is Hotscot

(There's plenty binge drinking in the USA.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 11th 2014 at 7:38 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, sounds lovely, please please please tell me where that is? Please? PM maybe?
Berkshire, not too far from Wokingham, but in a very rural area. Out of the few houses on our lane, most of them are still working farms. We live in a Georgian farmhouse so surrounded by fields.

Not going to give the exact address for obvious reasons, but look at Wokingham on a map and head left and down a bit!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 11th 2014 at 7:35 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hotscot
It's not me that's spouting rubbish. It's Chico...
And it's Hotscot
Sorry, I got the name wrong. They both sound like funny made-up names to me. But that' s me. Sorry again.
But you realize how funny (in a playful kind of way) your above statement sounds, right? :-)))
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why is Cleveland topping the worst places in the US list? Genuine question here.

I was actually intending to go there for a few days to visit a relative and spend time seeing the city/area. Is it that bad?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:39 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Cleveland topping the worst places in the US list? Genuine question here.

I was actually intending to go there for a few days to visit a relative and spend time seeing the city/area. Is it that bad?
I think the link gives more information on why the cities were chosen.

I always take these lists with a pinch of salt.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:40 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Berkshire, not too far from Wokingham, but in a very rural area. Out of the few houses on our lane, most of them are still working farms. We live in a Georgian farmhouse so surrounded by fields.

Not going to give the exact address for obvious reasons, but look at Wokingham on a map and head left and down a bit!

+1

I've lived there, it's beautiful and very affluent. Hardly any asylum seekers or eastern european immigrants either - win.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

JMood: Is that better? I changed the other post...

Of course it's a made up name aka nickname. You don't need to use your real name or indication of it here
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:42 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
+1

I've lived there, it's beautiful and very affluent. Hardly any asylum seekers or eastern european immigrants either - win.
Oh they're there. They come through at night. Waiting ... watching ....

Nah, they don't. Or maybe they do. Who knows, but saying there's no Eastern Europeans there is just as absurd as using weather as a reason to say somewhere is bad or good
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:43 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh they're there. They come through at night. Waiting ... watching ....

Nah, they don't. Or maybe they do. Who knows, but saying there's no Eastern Europeans there is just as absurd as using weather as a reason to say somewhere is bad or good
I wouldn't want to live in an area where Eastern Europeans were more >=1% of the town population. Same goes for asylum seekers, low income earners etc.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I wouldn't want to live in an area where Eastern Europeans were more >=1% of the town population. Same goes for asylum seekers, low income earners etc.
Don't come to Chicago then. Full of Polish immigrants and their descendants. Plus, I don't make six figures a year and you'd be within 60 miles of me.

Run for the hills, the immigrants are coming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.