Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Hurley1
Thanks again for all your feedback. I think this makes it clear from the divide on here that it is mostly down to personal opinion and circumstances of course. I love it here in Palm Beach, South Florida. The weather is great apart from July and Aug which are a little too hot and humid but apart from that its great. Lovely beaches, great shopping, restaurants and friendly people on the whole! Of course this is only based on holidaying here for the past few years, every other month and then the last six months here. Only problem here is finding a suitable E2 biz, mostly pool cleaning or restaurants! My only experience so far of CA has been the cities such as LA and SF but I'd love to see the more rural areas too. I like the idea CA doesn't have hurricanes but am aware of the earthquake and wildfire risk. Better climate and countryside there than here, we only really have the Everglades. As for the UK I love it there too, we currently live near Bath which is a great city surrounded by lovely countryside and also have Bristol, Cardiff and Cheltenham close by. The weather does get me down sometimes but I've lived there all my life so guess you just get used to it. Glad to be missing the current storms though and thank goodness we don't live on the Somerset Levels! Anyway loving the great debate re where to live. My hubby and I talk about this daily at the moment!
Go over to Naples / Bonita ...nicer than Palm beach...gulf coast ...E2 business means you are never a citizen so many drawbacks...unless you have $400k most businesses will be landscaping, pool cleaning...I have good E2 attorney and business brokers but assess your budget...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough

I started the thread with Florida, Californa or UK? Where best to live? Would need an E2 to live in US. We sold a biz in UK four years ago and took a sabbatical to travel and are lucky we dont really need to work but would if we found the right opportunity in the US. Currently own home in South FL. hope this brings you up to speed a bit on the initial question
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurley1
I started the thread with Florida, Californa or UK? Where best to live? Would need an E2 to live in US. We sold a biz in UK four years ago and took a sabbatical to travel and are lucky we dont really need to work but would if we found the right opportunity in the US. Currently own home in South FL. hope this brings you up to speed a bit on the initial question
that changes things so you don't have to buy a home.....so your budget for buying a business is?...do you have pensions / other income?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
What was a real question? This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up.
Christmasoompa wrote that they live in a dry part of the UK. I asked which part of the UK was dry, in reference to their comment. That was my question.

And someone gave that a thumbs up with a very funny quote - making it seem as if I was being sarcastic.

Which part please?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmood
Christmasoompa wrote that they live in a dry part of the UK. I asked which part of the UK was dry, in reference to their comment. That was my question.

And someone gave that a thumbs up with a very funny quote - making it seem as if I was being sarcastic.

Which part please?
Christmasoompa lives in Scotland....really dry and warm! lol
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Palm Beach is absolutely lovely I think.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Palm Beach is absolutely lovely I think.
over rated ...naples / bonita springs nicer and gulf ocean warmer and hurricane s hit with force...never
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:04 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Which part please?
Ah, in that case ... it's my experience that when BE members tell you they live in a lovely part of the UK, they usually won't tell us where it is, because they don't want the rest of us moving there!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've never been to Naples or Bonita Springs. Will make sure I do.

I don't think Palm Beach is over-rated though. It is what it is.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Ah, in that case ... it's my experience that when BE members tell you they live in a lovely part of the UK, they usually won't tell us where it is, because they don't want the rest of us moving there!
She's not in Scotland as Swiss Tony said - I think somewhere like Berkshire.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
the Thames are about to Flood........
They are?
All of them?
All at once?
...as in (upper case) Biblical Flood?
Blimey!
Forum Regular

I've never been to Naples or Bonita Springs. Will make sure I do.

I don't think Palm Beach is over-rated though. It is what it is.
fair point ...I wasn't overly impressed but i'm biased with the Gulf coast.....
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You kept that quiet ...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Good job you said, we might have failed to notice
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

not allowed out because of all the peedos...some probably on here..

This is becoming distasteful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.