Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Rickets is an issue in communities with dress codes that cover up totally, for sure.
Rickets is a piss poor argument anyway. Most people are slightly Vitamin D deficient on both sides of the atlantic. It's not like you can't get suppliments anyway. Or drink milk.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:39 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
well move back to UK then x
Why? I like where I am.

Just because your statements are untrue, doesn't mean I want to live back in the UK.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
So logically you are saying that there is less sunshine in the UK than there used to be? Come on!!!
Oh now - I have heard that lately the UK has been suffering from a shortage of sunlight between the hours of 10pm and 6am ...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Rickets is a piss poor argument anyway. Most people are slightly Vitamin D deficient on both sides of the atlantic. It's not like you can't get suppliments anyway. Or drink milk.
Just the one piss-poor argument?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Or kick the kids outside in the daylight instead of sitting inside in front of the computer.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Britain actually doesn't have a high proportion of immigrants or a very corrupt government either.
I think it depends where you are. I was in London for 5 months last summer, after being away for several years and the place seemed overtaken by Eastern Europeans. I was told that 1 in 3 people now are immigrants in London and that doesn't include the "older/historic" immigrants from ex British Colonies. So this is not a fact, something I was told. But I quite believe it. Visually it seemed so to me.

Re in the US, customer service depends on where you are. Indeed there are pockets of the country where people and businesses don't speak any English. I don't mean poor English, I mean NO English.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:43 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
Call centres...all Indian in UK...can't understand a word and can never help....US Call centres...miles, miles better......
I called the Chase customer service center the other day. I was answered by a woman with a thick Hispanic accent who gave me her name and said she was in Florida. Other than she was in Florida I couldn't understand a word she said.
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You'd be amazed, I think it's the 'negative Brit' thing. Last summer a friend of mine made a comment about how she hoped the summer was going to be better than the last one when it 'rained constantly'. I pointed out that it had actually only rained 6 days between April and the end of July - we were being re-roofed so I was watching for rain like a hawk and even had records kept daily for billing purposes. She was amazed and then admitted her memory was playing tricks when she looked back at photos and found her daughter playing in the paddling pool almost every day even in April!

We're in a very dry part of the UK, but even so it's amazing how local people seem to think it rains far more than it actually does.
:-)

Which part of the UK is that very very dry part?
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point

Rickets is an issue in communities with dress codes that cover up totally, for sure.
that is actually very funny
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:44 pm
I have a comma problem

Just the one piss-poor argument?
No, that was just the one I was dealing with at that time

Originally Posted by dunroving
Or kick the kids outside in the daylight instead of sitting inside in front of the computer.
How can they go outside? Sure, it's always raining ...
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Why? I like where I am.

Just because your statements are untrue, doesn't mean I want to live back in the UK.
That assumes you are in control of the 'facts'
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmood
:-)

Which part of the UK is that very very dry part?

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends where you are. I was in London for 5 months last summer, after being away for several years and the place seemed overtaken by Eastern Europeans. I was told that 1 in 3 people now are immigrants in London and that doesn't include the "older/historic" immigrants from ex British Colonies. So this is not a fact, something I was told. But I quite believe it. Visually it seemed so to me.

Re in the US, customer service depends on where you are. Indeed there are pockets of the country where people and businesses don't speak any English. I don't mean poor English, I mean NO English.
I believe statistically the number is not that high, and is a hell of a lot lower than LA.

I will not talk about customer service, lest I be accused yet again of moaning.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Raining or not raining who gives a ..... add up how many blue skies the UK gets per year.......less than 30 .....nice.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:46 pm
Ping-ponger

London is pretty unrepresentative of the rest of the UK in a heck of a lot of ways, including proportion of immigrants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.