Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Hle311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hello all; I've just booked my appointment for my second visa application, first time round I got a 1 year multiple entry visa further to the waiver being granted. If you have submitted a photo digitally with the DS160 do you still need to take a photo with you to the interview? I can't remember if I did last time. Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hle311
Hello all; I've just booked my appointment for my second visa application, first time round I got a 1 year multiple entry visa further to the waiver being granted. If you have submitted a photo digitally with the DS160 do you still need to take a photo with you to the interview? I can't remember if I did last time. Thanks
There's no need to take another photo with you. If the DS-160 system accepted your original photo, you should be fine; but if the consular staff reject it on the day of your interview, there are two photo booths inside the embassy that you can use (cost £6 last time I looked).
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Hle311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
There's no need to take another photo with you. If the DS-160 system accepted your original photo, you should be fine; but if the consular staff reject it on the day of your interview, there are two photo booths inside the embassy that you can use (cost £6 last time I looked).
Brilliant; thank you! I'll make sure I have some change on me just in case.
Old May 1st 2017, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Srosro50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update on my own application.

Email received today to forward my passport for visa issuance. It's exactly 18 weeks to the day since my interview.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for a decision.
Great news, just a quick question my ACRO states "No Live Trace" I understand why etc.... I'm guessing this might hold up my application this time round as my previous visas applications had my offence on my ACRO. Did you have your offences recoreded on your ACRO or did you have no live trace?

Last edited by Srosro50; May 1st 2017 at 5:45 pm.
Old May 1st 2017, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Srosro50
Great news, just a quick question my ACRO states "No Live Trace" I understand why etc.... I'm guessing this might hold up my application this time round as my previous visas applications had my offence on my ACRO. Did you have your offences recoreded on your ACRO or did you have no live trace?
All three of my visa applications (in 2010, 2011 and 2016) have had "No Live Trace" on the ACRO certificate.

What makes you think your application will be delayed this time around? If applying in London, you just record the offences on the VCU-01 form and submit that along with the ACRO and DS-160.
Old May 1st 2017, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

All three of my visa applications (in 2010, 2011 and 2016) have had "No Live Trace" on the ACRO certificate.

What makes you think your application will be delayed this time around? If applying in London, you just record the offences on the VCU-01 form and submit that along with the ACRO and DS-160.
Thank you for replying. I thought it might be held up as I've read a few posts from other people (not on here) saying that they were asked to produce sworn declarations because their ACRO's had no love trace on them and this had then held up their applications, im hoping this is not the case! My interview was in London. 19 weeks tomorrow for me.
Old May 1st 2017, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Thank you for replying. I thought it might be held up as I've read a few posts from other people (not on here) saying that they were asked to produce sworn declarations because their ACRO's had no love trace on them and this had then held up their applications, im hoping this is not the case! My interview was in London. 19 weeks tomorrow for me.
In your case, rather like mine, they have previous records of your offences. So they are unlikely to request any further information at this stage, expecially if they did not do so at your interview.

My wait time for a decision was just under 19 weeks. We've had Easter and another Bank Holiday today though, so that might have stretched a bit now; but even so, I would expect you to have a decision on your case either this week or next.
Old May 1st 2017, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

ChrisMorts is an unknown quantity at this point

My ACRO also showed 'No Live Trace' and I was recommended for a waiver at interview in the US Consulate London.

My interview was on the 6th December so it's 21 weeks tomorrow, hoping to hear back soon!
Old May 1st 2017, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisMorts
My ACRO also showed 'No Live Trace' and I was recommended for a waiver at interview in the US Consulate London.

My interview was on the 6th December so it's 21 weeks tomorrow, hoping to hear back soon!
Good luck..... is this your first visa application?
Old May 1st 2017, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Good luck..... is this your first visa application?
Yep, first visa application. Hoping to travel in August but not making arrangements until my waiver is processed.
Old May 1st 2017, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Yep, first visa application. Hoping to travel in August but not making arrangements until my waiver is processed.
It shouldn't be much longer before you get a decision. If they grant your visa, it will take around 10 days or so for you to courier your passport to the embassy and for them to return it to you.
Old May 1st 2017, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've read a few posts from other people (not on here)...
This is the source of your confusion. I suggest you stop reading information on other web sites.

Ian
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Update on my application, I have just received an email requesting my passport for visa issuance. 21 weeks and 1 day since interview in London.
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Update on my application, I have just received an email requesting my passport for visa issuance. 21 weeks and 1 day since interview in London.

Great news
Old May 4th 2017, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

Excellent news.

Now just remember, once your visa comes back and you start planning your trip to the USA, to allow plenty of time to clear all the immigration formalities (you will almost certainly be sent to secondary processing after you land) if you have to catch a connecting flight inside the US or have people waiting for you etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.