2016 Election

Old Jul 29th 2016, 7:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I sure hope things improve over at 538 ...
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/
currently showing Hilary at 53.3, Trump at 46.7, and with AZ, NV, FL, NC, OH, IA, and NH all going to Trump. We need that post convention bump!
They have improved. A few days ago Trump had a 56% chance of winning.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
They have improved. A few days ago Trump had a 56% chance of winning.
I don't take any notice of the numbers...a lot can happen between now and November. Trump could carry on ranting...putting his foot in his mouth. Clinton could get him to bully her during the debates...as did RickLazio. Both of which hands it to her. More hacked emails could be made public...or a large terrorist attack on US soil would hand it to him.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 7:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't take any notice of the numbers...a lot can happen between now and November. Trump could carry on ranting...putting his foot in his mouth. Clinton could get him to bully her during the debates...as did RickLazio. Both of which hands it to her. More hacked emails could be made public...or a large terrorist attack on US soil would hand it to him.
Sure that's all true. Although I wonder about the debates. What if Hillary made Trump look like an idiot who knew nothing about policy in the debates. Would the bullshit sexism in the country make that a bad thing. If the situation was reversed it would be bad, like when Biden debated Palin, he had to go easy so as not to look mean to a woman.

Another thought I had: there was a big appeal to Republicans at the DNC by saying Trump doesn't represent them and they should vote for Hillary instead. Now that has danger of alienating the left, and I thought the balance was about right. But doesn't this also run the risk of losses down ticket? If you tie all the GOP senators and Congressmen to Trump, then people would be less likely to vote for them, maybe stay at home. Now they could leave President black and go red down ticket.

Last edited by zargof; Jul 29th 2016 at 7:51 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Sure that's all true. Although I wonder about the debates. What if Hillary made Trump look like an idiot who knew nothing about policy in the debates.
Tough ask.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Umm no we don't.

Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I do have a question about vaccines - why the clucking bell don't they make them mandatory already?

That's one of the things that really puts me off her. I line up with her on various social issues, but some of that anti-science BS that she comes off with just loses me.

At least she'd be the one candidate that would do something about climate change, but what's the point when the next generation of children all die from measles?
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I do have a question about vaccines - why the clucking bell don't they make them mandatory already?

That's one of the things that really puts me off her. I line up with her on various social issues, but some of that anti-science BS that she comes off with just loses me.

At least she'd be the one candidate that would do something about climate change, but what's the point when the next generation of children all die from measles?
Well yes OK that's one question. Though the majority are free thanks to the aca.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well yes OK that's one question. Though the majority are free thanks to the aca.
Obviously that's not what she was getting at ...
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:57 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

Yeah I agree this. What is it about medical doctors in politics questioning vaccines?

I for one would get behind a scientocracy.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I agree this. What is it about medical doctors in politics questioning vaccines?

I was glad to see Hillary say she believed in science.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:20 pm
I love my brick!

I was glad to see Hillary say she believed in science.
But you know she'd flip if it would win votes...
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

But you know she'd flip if it would win votes...
Old Jul 30th 2016, 3:55 am
I have a comma problem

It's the current meme, they think it makes them look all hip and edgy, whereas it really makes them look like a malpractice suit waiting to happen.

Any doctor who advocates against vaccinations should be stripped of their right to practice medicine.

Utter utopia.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Is this as good as it sounds? I hadn't heard much about it until I read this ...
Courts Crush Voter Suppression Just in Time for Election Day - The Daily Beast
Extract:
... after the Supreme Court ruled that part of the Voting Rights Act was unconstitutional, the state “requested data on the use, by race, of a number of voting practices. Upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registration in five different ways, all of which disproportionately affected African Americans… Although the new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision, they constitute inapt remedies for the problems assertedly justifying them and, in fact, impose cures for problems that did not exist
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Sure that's all true. Although I wonder about the debates. What if Hillary made Trump look like an idiot who knew nothing about policy in the debates.
You shouldn't underestimate either Trump or the gullibility of voters.

Hillary is not a great presenter. She doesn't exhibit charisma and her voice is generally irritating. She has a bad habit of unnecessarily raising her voice (appearing desperate) and rarely exhibits any great sense of conviction. Some people are naturals at these things. She isn't.

Trump, on the other hand, is well versed in showmanship, exhibits overwhelming confidence, and can actually appear likeable, despite his ominous character, and his outrageous narratives.

So, which one do you think will exhibit the most appeal in debates that will undoubtedly be broadcast to hundreds of millions of gullible voters in the midst of whipped up emotional hysteria?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.