Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:45 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by pingon1953
Has anybody had problems with builders in Martos?
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:52 am
Just Joined

pingon1953 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mohamed Moroccan builder?
Old Aug 12th 2017, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Swish3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone know a solicitor in jaen / Martos? You know one that I can trust

I am going to start the process of purchasing a property and need to find one that I can trust...
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know a solicitor in jaen / Martos? You know one that I can trust

Originally Posted by Swish3
I am going to start the process of purchasing a property and need to find one that I can trust...
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Rosemary
Old Aug 12th 2017, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone know a solicitor in jaen / Martos? You know one that I can trust

Originally Posted by Swish3
good point
i bet there are many of us who had done this when we started
first of all thing your self a good solicter ( sorry for the spelling )
if you have unlimited funds and plenty of time.
you can thrust most of the estate agents because you have to buy from them to make any commission from you . after the sale you will not have any communication from them. thay go dead so make sure you get the electric and water connected and changed in to your name first you will need good Spanish to do it yourself.as far as estate agents go do not let them lead you to out of the way places and show you some thing nice but at the top of the hill. the hills in martos are legendary and is very hot weather are murder. and don't say you will buy one that day. get your bearings and go back that night and find out what it is like at other times of day and night. also it is quiet important to have the houses ether side of the one of the one you are looking at occupied as the damp can get in and destroy your walls. also try not to buy a house on a hill as you do not want part of your ground floor being lower them the road out side DAMP AGAIN. all that said get one with as little building work needed of it as possible. painting and basis carpentry things that you can do your self are excluded things like rewiring and plumbing need a qualifed trades man to do. and a word of warning any figure the estate agents give you for a rewire you can double it for sure and do not let them do it for you as you will need to have more than one socket in your kitchen and one in your living room if you are a normal person with standard electrical needs and when it comes to lighting you need the lights in the center of the room not a bulb hanging on the wall as your lights. the your contract will be fulfilled but not as you or any one would want. it is better to be there your self when the work in being done and get right,
as far as builders go the same goes for any ware you are who to trust with your money my advice is get 3 quotes and go with the one you feel gives you most and be there when the work is done and let them know that you will be thereto insure the job will be completed to your satisfaction only. there is no standards for builders some have good ts and bad it is all up to you
sorry i cant help you with a name
Old Aug 13th 2017, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
good point
i bet there are many of us who had done this when we started
first of all thing your self a good solicter ( sorry for the spelling )
if you have unlimited funds and plenty of time.
you can thrust most of the estate agents because you have to buy from them to make any commission from you . after the sale you will not have any communication from them. thay go dead so make sure you get the electric and water connected and changed in to your name first you will need good Spanish to do it yourself.as far as estate agents go do not let them lead you to out of the way places and show you some thing nice but at the top of the hill. the hills in martos are legendary and is very hot weather are murder. and don't say you will buy one that day. get your bearings and go back that night and find out what it is like at other times of day and night. also it is quiet important to have the houses ether side of the one of the one you are looking at occupied as the damp can get in and destroy your walls. also try not to buy a house on a hill as you do not want part of your ground floor being lower them the road out side DAMP AGAIN. all that said get one with as little building work needed of it as possible. painting and basis carpentry things that you can do your self are excluded things like rewiring and plumbing need a qualifed trades man to do. and a word of warning any figure the estate agents give you for a rewire you can double it for sure and do not let them do it for you as you will need to have more than one socket in your kitchen and one in your living room if you are a normal person with standard electrical needs and when it comes to lighting you need the lights in the center of the room not a bulb hanging on the wall as your lights. the your contract will be fulfilled but not as you or any one would want. it is better to be there your self when the work in being done and get right,
as far as builders go the same goes for any ware you are who to trust with your money my advice is get 3 quotes and go with the one you feel gives you most and be there when the work is done and let them know that you will be thereto insure the job will be completed to your satisfaction only. there is no standards for builders some have good ts and bad it is all up to you
sorry i cant help you with a name
Wicklow jack that is excellent advise! couldn't of got a better response.
I arrived at Granada airport last night and I will be viewing some property's tomorrow. I have a whole list of questions I'm using the Andalucia estate agent based in alcala la real so we head into martos tomorrow. Are you in Martos at present?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

And that was inland andalucia estate agents.
I am looking forward to watching the el Classico
tonight already a big build up here to the
start of the season.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Trasnadonnta is an unknown quantity at this point

Wicklowjack,

Best & most informative email I have seen about purchasing Martos property on this site. Thank you Wicklow Jack from a Corkonian.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I always use , Ahmed or (ash) as he is known by , good lad a reliable, pm me if you want is number , I also have a good supplier of a/c which I have had fitted
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by westbank
Having a superb time in martos.
Our 1st prolonged stay. We have been using the pool a lot.
What are you guys getting up to.
It's our 6th yr of a month in martos in August I've bitten the bullet and had a/c fitted we love the town and have many Spanish friends here now and will hopefully move out in Dec 2018
Old Aug 21st 2017, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Wildwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all my wife and i are in the process of buying a property in sabariego are there any other Engish on here that live there.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wildwest
Hi all my wife and i are in the process of buying a property in sabariego are there any other Engish on here that live there.

Rosemary
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Paulykate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
We're coming out for the last weekend of September and could do with getting a builders eye over one of the floors in our house as well as a price for rewiring... Anyone have any suggestions? Trying to get in contact with 3 sparkies from here is going to be impossible!
If anyone is over that weekend it would be great to meet for a cerveza... We don't have enough time in Martos to meet anyone!
Cheers
Paul & Kate
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paulykate
Hi all
We're coming out for the last weekend of September and could do with getting a builders eye over one of the floors in our house as well as a price for rewiring... Anyone have any suggestions? Trying to get in contact with 3 sparkies from here is going to be impossible!
If anyone is over that weekend it would be great to meet for a cerveza... We don't have enough time in Martos to meet anyone!
Cheers
Paul & Kate
just go into the builders merchants and ask them if they know of anyone , I'm not there again until oct , but if you need a builder as well give Ash a call

00 34 666 613 827
Old Sep 10th 2017, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

StevenRowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark604
I live ten minutes or a bit more south of Martos but in reply to the question, "What is the appeal of Martos?" there are a couple of things to me.
Firstly is its location in that it may appear to be "in the middle of nowhere" but to me it is 'in the middle of visits to Granada, Cordoba, Jaen, tons of other places like Priego de Cordoba, Antequera, Zuheros, Montefrio, Iznajar, Espejo, Guadix, Baza, Ubeda, Cazorla and more.' I can also be down on the coast or up in the mountains without much trouble. I can walk along the Via Verdes, hang glide in Alcaudete, taste (arguably) the best olive oil in Spain in Baena, be down in the Alpujarras eating serrano ham or up in the Sierra Nevadas skiing.
The list goes on.

Yes, the town itself can be one of many that may look similar. But, it is a no-nonsense working town with a sense of community, no real set up for tourists apart from the odd sign here and there and is as Spanish as they come. There are enough expats there for anyone not to feel left out but also they are in the vast, vast minority compared to locals. It isn't a Marbella/Benalmadena/Benidorm town with expats tripping over themselves and all the signs in English. The expats mix with the locals and want to be part of the community, they are in Spain because it is Spain, not because it is a little England but with better weather.

Possibly there are many other towns that have all the advantages I see in Martos, but I'd wish anyone good luck in finding them.
I have just bought a houae in Martos and I love it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.