Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Oct 21st 2017, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by Samhol
Hi there I am visiting Martos in January with a view to finding a house. I have seen when looking on estate agents site that sometimes they refer to the better part of the area. Can anyone advise where this is please
there are quite a few you could use undiscovered Spain is the one i think you are talking about thay are good . a number of other ones you can look up are www,comasainmobiliaria.es or urbanis- home or you could look up Andalusian Property Dreams thay are a property introduction servicethat can put you in touch with property not for sale and solicitors all a fraction of the cost of normal prices. also you could look up https://www.milanuncios.com/ more of a range of property on that it is in Spanish but you can set auto translate on your browser
i am moving to martos to live next month full time if you want to meet up for a beer and i can share my views and the pit falls in Spanish property's feel free to send me a pm and we can meet up.
good luck with your purchase
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:58 am
Just Joined

oliverben2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, i'm currently house shopping in Martos. And just stumbled across this thread. I had no idea there were so many ExPats over there. Just looking for a holiday home/townhouse at the moment with it being a retirement home in a few years.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 12:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverben2
Hi everyone, i'm currently house shopping in Martos. And just stumbled across this thread. I had no idea there were so many ExPats over there. Just looking for a holiday home/townhouse at the moment with it being a retirement home in a few years.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community and adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 24th 2017 at 2:19 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the poster was asking if there were areas to avoid
Old Nov 26th 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

update
i have being in martos 1 month now and love the place. have met a few expats all of then nice and friendly. but this a Spanish town by no means over run yet not a little England
anyone want to meet up for a beer some time give me a pm
Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the weather like now? Have you settled in well?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Swish3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I will be over there in a few weeks.
I need to find a plumber to ask him on the best hot water system
to get and install a new bath.
is an electric water heater a good thing to get over there
as an electric shower is out of the question isn't it.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 10:35 am
Just Joined

If anyone has any knowlegde on this matter, it would be most helpfull?
Old Nov 30th 2017, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cermignano
What is the weather like now? Have you settled in well?
loveing it it is cold here now
Old Dec 7th 2017, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know anything about having a road closed for an hour or so in martos old town to unload a vehicle. If it's possible or who I need to talk too thanks
Old Dec 10th 2017, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon b
Anybody know anything about having a road closed for an hour or so in martos old town to unload a vehicle. If it's possible or who I need to talk too thanks
i would think the local police
but if you tine it for Sunday it is best
we unloaded outside my house in 1 hr only had to move twice did a circle of the town each tine no problems
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
i would think the local police
but if you tine it for Sunday it is best
we unloaded outside my house in 1 hr only had to move twice did a circle of the town each tine no problems
Thanks for the reply wicklowjack. I spoke to the police but said I would need permission from council. But we timed it for Sunday morning anyway. Road was quiet got it off in a hour or so. Thanks again
Old Dec 29th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Paulykate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all
We’re coming over for a short break next week, anyone around for a drink ?? We’ll be in Martos Monday (1st Jan) to Thursday!
Would be great to put some faces to names....!

Happy New Year
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Hey,
I got back from Spain just before Christmas and I thought it was a very nice in the Sun during the day.

I got to my property during a downpour and managed to locate and mend most of the leaks, we will see.

I'm at the stage of looking for an electrician, I've already been quoted, 4,400 euros. This is the pre electrical installation and full installation right up to the Boletin for a 2 bedroom property.

I know it is Olive season over there and it's differcult to get hold of anyone this maybe why it is quite expensive. I will get another quote in March after the Olive season.

Please can anyone give me busisness card details of electrians that you've used or heard of in the past? I don't mind if they are spanish speaking as I'm trying to learn the Language.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.