Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jan 21st 2017, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Angel21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi,
I would need some help with regards to building work, furniture , etc,
Could you please text me on xxxxxx
Thanks

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 21st 2017 at 11:34 am. Reason: Not a good idea to include your phone no.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Ade65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angel21
Hi,
I would need some help with regards to building work, furniture , etc,
Could you please text me on xxxxxx
Thanks
Still trying to get the hang of this!! Did you want ME to text you??Sorry your number didn't come up!
Old Jan 21st 2017, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Angel21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Number removed.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 21st 2017 at 7:06 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to put your number on the open forum.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Dawn Jones48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ade65

Wow fire lit ready for you!!! ThAts good! Is it a way of life that you would recommend? We just want a few restaurants and bars and a nice village to live in....

Feel nervous due to tax implications and brexit! Plus I hear they don't like Staffordshire bull terriers which may be an issue for us as we own a 8 year old staffy..

Dawn

Originally Posted by Ade65
Hi Dawn.
No not really had any problems. We were recommended a builder (English) who did a lot of the initial work which was good, but his communication skills left a lot to be desired,so I now use a Spanish builder from the village. He built a plunge pool(a necessity in summer) and did a great job,ready for our visit last July.
We are here now and he is coming round tomorrow with prices for some other bits that need doing. To be honest I could have done a lot of the work,but when I weighed up the time and sourcing materials etc ,it probably doesn't cost a great deal more.
I think he does go as far as Martos, but know he is busy.Only wish I could be here to project manage,but trust him now. He even dropped off a load of wood for us to use in the log burner ( another necessity for the winter,it was -5 the other night!)and lit it before we arrived last week,and we hadn't even asked for it!
Bought the house through Undiscovered Spain (Derryl and Diego) and such an easy process,both superb and usually see both of them for a drink when over here.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 22nd 2017 at 7:12 am. Reason: Corrected quote
Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:13 am
Just Joined

westbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks it's been a while.
We purchased a townhouse last year and just now getting a chance to gethe over this week.
Anyone about this week.
Looking forward to getting over and seeing what it has to offer.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by westbank
Hi folks it's been a while.
We purchased a townhouse last year and just now getting a chance to gethe over this week.
Anyone about this week.
Looking forward to getting over and seeing what it has to offer.
We are over at the end of the month to look for a house. Please let me know how your week goes....
Enjoy! Dawn
Old Feb 11th 2017, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Sam1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

So I move to Martos in less then two weeks now, flights are booked, my houses rent is now paid for two years, and contracts are signed and I have my NIE. So excited to get out there!

Does anyone know about getting internet? That's the last thing I really need to get sorted other then a TV!

My partner and I are in our early 20's and would love to meet up with some other Brits when we get there!

Sam
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sam

Good luck with the move!!!

What will you do in Martos? Work?

We are over in 2 weeks to look for a house so any tips you can share would be appreciated!!!

Dawn x

Originally Posted by Sam1993
Hi everyone!

So I move to Martos in less then two weeks now, flights are booked, my houses rent is now paid for two years, and contracts are signed and I have my NIE. So excited to get out there!

Does anyone know about getting internet? That's the last thing I really need to get sorted other then a TV!

My partner and I are in our early 20's and would love to meet up with some other Brits when we get there!

Sam

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 12th 2017 at 1:26 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Sam1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48
Hi Sam

We are over in 2 weeks to look for a house so any tips you can share would be appreciated!!!

Dawn x
Hi Dawn!

Thank you!! I will still be working in the U.K. I will come back every 6 weeks to the for 3 weeks work!

Hope the search goes well!
Old Feb 14th 2017, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

just a few things to consider when looking at houses in martos. like most villages and towns in spain itis built on a hill.so consider that you will have to walk up them every day might be ok for one off visit but you will have to bring shopping up every week. martos is a vastly diverse town and the crime rate is very low so no areas to avoid i think. the houses in martos are very poor condition so you will have to consider doing a lot of work to them. just budget this in to your spending money. most common is the wiring as the houses were built before electricity and you will find most will not have being wired for it it is easy to see with the wires just stapled to the ceiling. also although spain is warm a lot of the time you will need a fire as it gets cold there -2 degrees is to be expected in the winter months.and in the summer months it ca
n hit 50 degrees mad hot to hot to do anything at all. altough these temps are 2 weeks or so you have to be considered.
but martos is a nice town with everything on hand os enjoy yourselves and have a good time there it is heaven if you find the right property for your needs and enjoy your trip
wicklowjack

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48

Dawn x

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 14th 2017 at 8:41 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Feb 15th 2017, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Deby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, I have been reading this post and got so much great information, and decided to join. I have purchased a property in Martos and will be visiting in April as a home owner. I would love to get any inside information of where the best places to buy furniture are or any tips on restaurants/bars/etc or any other heads up or suggestions around living in Martos. Thank you all for your posts on this site they are so informative. Debby
Old Feb 15th 2017, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Suggestion - go for a pre-dinner walk along the Via Verde. It's on your doorstep.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deby
Hello all, I have been reading this post and got so much great information, and decided to join. I have purchased a property in Martos and will be visiting in April as a home owner. I would love to get any inside information of where the best places to buy furniture are or any tips on restaurants/bars/etc or any other heads up or suggestions around living in Martos. Thank you all for your posts on this site they are so informative. Debby
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Thank you Mark604 I will go check that out :-)
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.