Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:15 am
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Did he have a phillipino translator for the wives ?
rofl. And the Thai interpreter. Mai pen rai!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:17 am
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OleJanx
My experience of wardens from the embassy was that they were the dupes who stayed behind when the dips legged it.
Having seen them in action, I was underwhelmed...
Dad's Army springs to mind.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 2:14 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

This news may affect Nationals of USA, Britain and some European countries who had the facility of getting visas on arrival in Bahrain. The facility is likely to be withdrawn. No implementation dates mentioned.

http://bna.bh/portal/en/news/493831

So if you have spouses/relatives visiting Bahrain, best to pre-check with the local Embassies / Govt agencies
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
This news may affect Nationals of USA, Britain and some European countries who had the facility of getting visas on arrival in Bahrain. The facility is likely to be withdrawn. No implementation dates mentioned.

http://bna.bh/portal/en/news/493831

So if you have spouses/relatives visiting Bahrain, best to pre-check with the local Embassies / Govt agencies

Toys out of pram time
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Toys out of pram time
You're usually more reasonable than this. A government is being accused- rightly or wrongly- of some pretty horrible things by the UK and US government.

The very least one can expect them to do is to put away the red carpet for citizens of those two countries.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
You're usually more reasonable than this. A government is being accused- rightly or wrongly- of some pretty horrible things by the UK and US government.

The very least one can expect them to do is to put away the red carpet for citizens of those two countries.

Because it's pathetic and very childish behaviour, to say the least.

Has Cameron ordered all of Argentina's corned beef to be taken off the shelves? Simply because of the shit-stirring that the slapper Kirchner's been doing - purely in a shameless and selfish attempt to rally support?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably the least of our worries at the moment and do our friends and families really want to visit at the moment!!!

I hear this situation was mooted last year too and nothing came of it so who knows - this is the middle east and by next week they will have changed their minds again.

I went to the immigration office this week and they didnt even bother reading my forms - just stamped mine (and my 3 kids) passports with another 3 months (and 3 weeks!!)
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:09 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
Probably the least of our worries at the moment and do our friends and families really want to visit at the moment!!!

I hear this situation was mooted last year too and nothing came of it so who knows - this is the middle east and by next week they will have changed their minds again.

I went to the immigration office this week and they didnt even bother reading my forms - just stamped mine (and my 3 kids) passports with another 3 months (and 3 weeks!!)
they implemented new visa rules either last year or the year before (can't remember) and there was lots of people freaking out. back then of course people actually wanted to visit bahrain so it was a real issue. today not so much of an issue perhaps. anyway just before the rule came into play they issued a clarification that a number of countries were excepted from the overall rule. basically it was all western countries of significance plus thailand and china. the later two were obviously part of the exceptions as otherwise there would have been riots due to lack of evening entertainment..
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottrace

As Saudi boss hasn't sorted hubby's CPR during the last 4 months, looks like I'll be leaving every 2 weeks to Doha and back. Hope the rules don't change anytime soon, me and son are arriving in 10 days!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:57 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leesk
As Saudi boss hasn't sorted hubby's CPR during the last 4 months, looks like I'll be leaving every 2 weeks to Doha and back. Hope the rules don't change anytime soon, me and son are arriving in 10 days!
why every two weeks? the visas for british (and a few other countries) are 3 months from what i can remember. also you can just skip to the middle of the causeway (no mans land) to get it renewed. no need to fly to doha in other words. if they change the visa rules then obviously you are shit out of luck...
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
why every two weeks? the visas for british (and a few other countries) are 3 months from what i can remember. also you can just skip to the middle of the causeway (no mans land) to get it renewed. no need to fly to doha in other words. if they change the visa rules then obviously you are shit out of luck...
I may be wrong as I am relying on others for info but I am on a Canadian passport and can't get longer than 2 weeks until CPR is sorted. All advice welcome
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:31 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by leesk
I may be wrong as I am relying on others for info but I am on a Canadian passport and can't get longer than 2 weeks until CPR is sorted. All advice welcome
Check here http://www.evisa.gov.bh/
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
Thanks Mr Norsk,can't open the site for some reason but will keep trying
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

For those of us with UK passports - the embassy has confirmed that nothing has changed as of yet and people arriving last night were still getting 3 months.

Norsk - can the Saudi causeway give out more than 28 days do you know?? Just thinking ahead to May when I have to leave with the kids this time although by then a little trip out may be welcome!!

Things were "lively" last night by all accounts although as always here it didnt really affect us. Eerily quiet this morning - the roads are empty and the school run was positively a joy!! My boys were peeved that there were "the only ones" going to school but when I live opposite it and have to pay the fees but no one is going to mess with their education

I see the King pardoned a load of prisoners last night - not sure that is going to keep things quiet!!!!

We await the next hours and days with interest.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Ah loving the solutions to the visa issue mooted on UkinBahrain - "if you live here just get a resident permit"!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.