Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by scottrace
Ah loving the solutions to the visa issue mooted on UkinBahrain - "if you live here just get a resident permit"!!!!!!
Excellent advice! What's next? "If shot at, wear a bullet proof jacket!" or"If engulfed by tear gas, wear a gas mask!" Bloody hell....
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

I only got two weeks on arrival, just before Christmas. Coming over early March to smell some tear gas
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartans53
I only got two weeks on arrival, just before Christmas. Coming over early March to smell some tear gas
On arrival can I ask for my son who has UK passport to have longer visa or is 2 weeks standard issue
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:46 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Has it kicked off yet in the peaceful kingdom?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Has it kicked off yet in the peaceful kingdom?
An off licence has decided not to open tonight........... does that count?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:15 pm
HR/Learning Professional

mylesoconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk
why every two weeks? the visas for british (and a few other countries) are 3 months from what i can remember. also you can just skip to the middle of the causeway (no mans land) to get it renewed. no need to fly to doha in other words. if they change the visa rules then obviously you are shit out of luck...
I just asked this to a bahrain visa guy in his post on the causeway and he said its impossible to renew your visa just by being in no mans land. You have to go into Saudi and have a stamp from there to prove you left Bahrain. Is anyone actually getting visas renewed without going into Saudi and can confirm this is possible? If you are and it is possible, please can you let me know as quick as.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mylesoconnor
I just asked this to a bahrain visa guy in his post on the causeway and he said its impossible to renew your visa just by being in no mans land. You have to go into Saudi and have a stamp from there to prove you left Bahrain. Is anyone actually getting visas renewed without going into Saudi and can confirm this is possible? If you are and it is possible, please can you let me know as quick as.
I got one last weds and for the kids. We got a 3 month tourist visa when we arrived which expires tomorrow. I went to the immigration office filled in a form for each of us - handed it over (she didnt read it - just threw it in a tray), paid 5bd each and got 3 months and 3 weeks visa! Current procedure is that we will have to leave next time and come back in but who knows what will happen in 3 months!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:30 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mylesoconnor
Considering i did it for my family about 6 times until I could be bothered to get them bahrain residence of course I know it can be done! I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't. Obviously mr border control agent is going to tell you it can't be done since you're not following his script!

Basically go through first gate (car paper) then go through passport control (exit bahrain) then do u-turn and go through passport control (entry bahrain) and finally go through insurance gate.

Alternatively you can renew a visit visa in GDNPR (General Directorate for Nationality, Passports and Residence) located in big white building top of Exhibition Avenue in Diplomatic Area. You can definitely renew at least once, but not sure cost and what happens after renewal number 1.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

the website works again by the way...
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by The Dean
An off licence has decided not to open tonight........... does that count?
that's a disgrace..
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:57 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Norsk - can the Saudi causeway give out more than 28 days do you know?? Just thinking ahead to May when I have to leave with the kids this time although by then a little trip out may be welcome!!
Actually I don't think so. Although the evisa website says it only gives 2 weeks but it's always said that despite handing out 28 days to all UK citizens..to get 3 months you probably have to fly out to dubai/kuwait/doha..
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Actually I don't think so. Although the evisa website says it only gives 2 weeks but it's always said that despite handing out 28 days to all UK citizens..to get 3 months you probably have to fly out to dubai/kuwait/doha..
Thats what I thought - thanks as always - your advice is always invaluable given the similar circumstances you (used) to live under!

I know - off licence shutting - what the hell???? Thank goodness am well stocked - Midway had no bread or milk tonight but the house is well stocked with wine and cider so all is good in the scottrace v small mansion
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what I thought - thanks as always - your advice is always invaluable given the similar circumstances you (used) to live under!

I know - off licence shutting - what the hell???? Thank goodness am well stocked - Midway had no bread or milk tonight but the house is well stocked with wine and cider so all is good in the scottrace v small mansion
Hiya Trace, did you ask for the 3 month visa when you first arrived or did they just give it to you? Hoping to get 3 month for son even if i can only get 2 week visa. Glad to hear you've got provisions in. Was the disruption any worse than usual today?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leesk
Hiya Trace, did you ask for the 3 month visa when you first arrived or did they just give it to you? Hoping to get 3 month for son even if i can only get 2 week visa. Glad to hear you've got provisions in. Was the disruption any worse than usual today?
They asked me how long I wanted and I just said 3 months please. Not sure what the situation is now though.

The roads round us were quiet all day but I think it went a bit crazy last night - we smelt tear gas by the shops for the first time ever! The road from Jasra to Hamala Beach was shut for a bit I think. No milk or bread in Midway when I popped in at 6pm last night (think Tock might have been in!!) and the internet was dodgy last night but all seems pretty "normal" this morning so far
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

bit.ly/zjEmz9
AlJazeera report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.