Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
Are you seriously suggesting that the entire video was staged by the opposition, who dressed up in fake police/army/whatever the hell uniforms, looted the shop, and then kindly left video evidence of themselves for the regime to track them down? Nurse!
YES
and I have it on good advice that it was filmed in Tehran and only posted from Bahrain. Damned sneaky these chaps on the other side of the Arabian Gulf. You cant believe a word they say.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:15 pm
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottrace
You clearly missed my point! Why did you just pick on that video to mention?? There are thousands of videos doing the rounds which show the police being burned, battered and blown up - what I was trying to say is that the media/internet do not show what is going on (on both sides) - and you have followed suit.

But hey we are all entitled to our own opinions and can believe what we like but please dont insult either me or my intelligence.

The point is that police must be held to higher standards than ordinary people. That's why they are the police. There are hundreds of thousands of videos from all over the world showing ordinary people fighting, robbing, etc.

But the police's job is to prevent crime and looting, and so to see a video showing uniformed officers joining looters in stealing and smashing windows is, as I say, unreal.

It also gives you an insight into the mindset of the police/pro-govt thugs: they are so certain that they are above the law and will face no consequences, they don't even care that they are filmed.

If it had been a bunch of Shia doing that to a Sunni-owned shop, the whole lot of them would have long since had their doors kicked in, and no doubt a few would have died of "sickle cell complications".
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
YES
and I have it on good advice that it was filmed in Tehran and only posted from Bahrain. Damned sneaky these chaps on the other side of the Arabian Gulf. You cant believe a word they say.
Rofl. Btw isn't it the Persian Gulf?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly, in the time of Persia. The 'Gulf of Iran' never caught on...
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Possibly, in the time of Persia. The 'Gulf of Iran' never caught on...
Why not just rename it The Fifth Fleet Gulf and be done?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

The point is that police must be held to higher standards than ordinary people. That's why they are the police. There are hundreds of thousands of videos from all over the world showing ordinary people fighting, robbing, etc.

But the police's job is to prevent crime and looting, and so to see a video showing uniformed officers joining looters in stealing and smashing windows is, as I say, unreal.

It also gives you an insight into the mindset of the police/pro-govt thugs: they are so certain that they are above the law and will face no consequences, they don't even care that they are filmed.

If it had been a bunch of Shia doing that to a Sunni-owned shop, the whole lot of them would have long since had their doors kicked in, and no doubt a few would have died of "sickle cell complications".
Really??? So why arent there hundreds of "peaceful protestors" dying of "sickle cell complications" then - they also consider themselves to be above the law (and they seem to be) and are happily filmed burning, beating up innocent expats and murdering.

I agree that the police should be held to higher standards but I guess when they are subjected to daily abuse, being set alight and having bombs lobbed at them with nothing to fight back with except tear gas.......

As I said previously everyone is entitled to their own views on what is happening in Bahrain - I assume you have now relocated here?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Really??? So why arent there hundreds of "peaceful protestors" dying of "sickle cell complications" then - they also consider themselves to be above the law (and they seem to be) and are happily filmed burning, beating up innocent expats and murdering.

I agree that the police should be held to higher standards but I guess when they are subjected to daily abuse, being set alight and having bombs lobbed at them with nothing to fight back with except tear gas.......

As I said previously everyone is entitled to their own views on what is happening in Bahrain - I assume you have now relocated here?
Wow, you've been here for 5 minutes and have views like that?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:03 pm
Banned

The police have got shotguns mate, unless the videos I've seen in the last few days are artfully created Iranian propaganda, filmed in identical replica of Bahrain towns, built especially for that purpose.

And the anti-gov protesters cover their faces. The police and looters in the store didn't even bother to do that. What does that tell you?

As for numbers, Bahrain is a tiny country. But as a proportion of the population, deaths and injuries are high.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree about politics, but there's no doubt that a video showing uniformed security forces joining in with a gang of looters robbing and smashing up a store would be astonishing in any country in the world. BBC and CNN thought so, among others.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Wow, you've been here for 5 minutes and have views like that?
Hmmm - I cant not have a view if I live here - dont want to be accused of burying my head in the sand and pretending that its all sunshine, wine and coffee mornings
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

The police have got shotguns mate, unless the videos I've seen in the last few days are artfully created Iranian propaganda, filmed in identical replica of Bahrain towns, built especially for that purpose.

And the anti-gov protesters cover their faces. The police and looters in the store didn't even bother to do that. What does that tell you?

As for numbers, Bahrain is a tiny country. But as a proportion of the population, deaths and injuries are high.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree about politics, but there's no doubt that a video showing uniformed security forces joining in with a gang of looters robbing and smashing up a store would be astonishing in any country in the world. BBC and CNN thought so, among others.
Dont know - you will need to ask Tockalosh about that

I agree its astonishing but as for the BBC and CNN......
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:33 pm
Banned

Dont know - you will need to ask Tockalosh about that

I agree its astonishing but as for the BBC and CNN......
Well it's not all bad.....if you're skint, just hang around outside a Jawad supermarket long enough and you'll get to do your weekly shop for free
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm - I cant not have a view if I live here - dont want to be accused of burying my head in the sand and pretending that its all sunshine, wine and coffee mornings
Agreed, if only it was . I honestly think if you'd seen what people went through a year or so back and been here during the crackdown then you wouldn't have the one-sided views you seem to have. Each to their own I guess...
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Agreed, if only it was . I honestly think if you'd seen what people went through a year or so back and been here during the crackdown then you wouldn't have the one-sided views you seem to have. Each to their own I guess...

I am not being one sided at all - far from it - I am trying to point out that there are 2 sides to everything in response to a view that seemed to say that Bahrain is all about violent and corrupt police - but if you misread what I was trying to say I apologise.

I know lots of people who were here last year and have heard what they have to say and am not sure quite what point you are trying to make. but hey ho I will bow out now before we get pulled by the Mods for talking too much politics!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Iranian propoganda

BBC and CNN are puppets of the Iranian PR machine by the way. Have to say they are very good at it however as the disloyals dont work and prefer to sit at home being provided for by the King; they have had time to hone their skills and nurture their relationships with gulible post grads employed by the same

Shame the lazy shites cant sweep up shit from the streets. Might give them the sense of purpose in their lives that they need
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:42 am