Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Racism in Barcelona Company

Racism in Barcelona Company

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of
Default Re: Racism in Barcelona Company

So those against the BNP are using violence?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the BNP... now there is a thing... How can we honestly ban them from appearing on a TV station AND stand by our charter to allow free speech?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:34 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

They should have put Griffin up against George Galloway and Norman Tebbitt.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I can guarantee that after the show tonight some people will be surprised at how much they agree with some of the things he says...
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:34 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Just seen the Anti Facists demo on the news.

You`d think in the UK with heavy regulation there would be no need for such crap.

Its not as if we dont have racial hatred laws.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:37 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
I`m recording Question time tonight, the BNP are on it.

Immigration is getting out of control, not just in the UK, its not also a Nationalism issue, but you can only have a certain amount of water in a bucket.

The BNP aren`t the threat they once where, we should be more concerned about the English Defence League.

I`m interested in how far the BNP are getting into mainstream politics.
In what way?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I can guarantee that after the show tonight some people will be surprised at how much they agree with some of the things he says...
You still think that?

Klu Klux Klan .... non violent ... right
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:47 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Just watched it.

I can see why he wants to sue the BBC, wasn`t really much of a debate on current politics.

Who cares about history, the Commonwealth was built on violence and invasion, so portraying the UK as a multi racial tolerant country is a bit misleading.

But its far better than it used to be.

The good that will come of this is one it allows the BNP to dig its own grave and two the BNP have opened up a debate on issues being felt by many in the UK.

Before yesterday all parties didn`t want to discuss the issues, now they have to.

Hopefully it will take away support from the BNP.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

merrymm is an unknown quantity at this point

I am white and a overweight.
They made references to how British people where thugs and soccer hooligans and they called British women tramps who lived on the dole and had babies. Some lived in England but said they hated the place and said the British where all racist.
It was a daily occurance to be insulted while I walked past people or if I tired to join them they would be nasty and gang up on me and laugh at how I talked.
With the Spanish that I knew I was sitting beside them and heard some hateful nicknames they called me.
I didn't expect it to last so long in a professional company.
I am not racist and never really saw racism from where I come from but after Spain I have become more fearful of different races.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Well you can't force people to like you no matter where you are from and what you do.
I'm not too bothered if the Spanish dislike me just because I'm British. I think I'm a nice person. I offer to help neighbours move stuff and I'll help push a broken down car out of the road for a stranger etc. It's other peoples loss if they don't want to be my friend.
I wouldn't want the Spanish government to start bringing in laws banning loads of words on my behalf just in case some Brit was easily offended. I was brought up to believe that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

The problem was that I became isolated and had noone I could talk to in the company. I tried everything to be friends with them nothing worked. I was the minority in the company and because of that was rejected and bullied by the Spanish.
I went out of my way to be friends with them and it was turned back on me and used to make little of me. It was an awful experience didn't realise people could be so hateful that it made me sick and effected my health.
You need some support from people when you move to a new country. I've never felt so alone or hated because of nothing that I have done.
I just don't want it to happen anyone else and if there was some rules to stop it.
What makes it worse I was always friendly to anyone I met from Spain and then to be treated like scum when I went there.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

No laws can force people to be your friend. You could be made to feel just as uncomfortable among your own kind if they don't like you.
I went digger driving on a site in Milton Keynes. The people I was working with were either Irish or from the north of England. They didn't like me from day one. I don't know if it was because I am a southerner or English or the way I look or what but they made it very clear with their attitude towards me that they really disliked me. It was a horrible atmosphere to work in and I felt so down and alone. I knew I was not wanted there and left after two weeks.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

I don't like the idea that its ok to be racist. I was brought up with the idea of tolerance and that educated people where tolerant. Racist to me where always ignorant small minded people.
I went to this company because I thought they where professional educated people. It put me off trying to work anywhere else in Europe if they don't have the same kind of attitude as educated people in the UK.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Stop whining about it. That's all we need is a load of whining Brits going around Europe making the rest of us look soft. They didn't like you and nothing you can do will ever change that. Find a job somewhere that people like you and get on with the rest of your life.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merrymm
I don't like the idea that its ok to be racist. I was brought up with the idea of tolerance and that educated people where tolerant. Racist to me where always ignorant small minded people.
I went to this company because I thought they where professional educated people. It put me off trying to work anywhere else in Europe if they don't have the same kind of attitude as educated people in the UK.
Maybe the problem was you thought you was too edumacated for them ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.