Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Racism in Barcelona Company

Racism in Barcelona Company

Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Racism in Barcelona Company

For fear of going off topic, gitanos are considered a separate race or ethnicity, but in Spain I believe they are not officially considered so. This is interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

You should treat everyone as equal regardless of colour / religion /culture UNLESS of course they are not equal!

My view is many cultures and religion are just not compatable with the western world , 99% of immigrants are against integration or their religion will not allow it so there`s not a cat in hells chance of us all getting along happily.

I heard at the weekend that muslims are not allowed to donate organs after death but there thousands on the UK NHS waiting list for organ transplants, now this is enough to wind up the most understanding anti racist surely!!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Easy, easy... a little inflammatory perhaps?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
Easy, easy... a little inflammatory perhaps?
Can I point any similar comments/etc to a thread in TIO ref what is (your) race)...!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Can I point any similar comments/etc to a thread in TIO ref what is (your) race)...!
So you think its wrong to ask someone their race?, the police and goverment often do on questionaires , it`s these pc types who are turning british society into a total disaster and eroding peoples right to free speach,scared to ask a question ...not me and I `m not scared to answer one either.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
So you think its wrong to ask someone their race?, the police and goverment often do on questionaires , it`s these pc types who are turning british society into a total disaster and eroding peoples right to free speach,scared to ask a question ...not me and I `m not scared to answer one either.

I think if you look at the (my) thread in TIO the idea was not to have discussions that could turn heated hijacking a Spain thread.... I don´t think it´s wrong to ask and there´s already a thought provoking answer.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:59 am
Just Joined

chadders1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard at the weekend that muslims are not allowed to donate organs after death but there thousands on the UK NHS waiting list for organ transplants, now this is enough to wind up the most understanding anti racist surely!!!

Did 'some bloke in the pub' tell you that? I suppose it never occurred to you to check it out - if you had done you'd know it wasn't true. In Islam organ donation is an individual decision, same as Judasism and Christianity.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Not quite the same but you have reminded me of something. There was big campaign for blood donations here on Ibiza earlier this year. The local ex pat newspaper reported that many of the islands muslim community donated blood and that the blood was generally very good quality.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by avocados
Merrymm,

I feel I have to apoligise for the rather lack of seriousness given by contributors to the rather serious issue of racism in Spain.
You have no business apologizing on behalf of others.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chadders1966
Did 'some bloke in the pub' tell you that? I suppose it never occurred to you to check it out - if you had done you'd know it wasn't true. In Islam organ donation is an individual decision, same as Judasism and Christianity.

It was raised on BBC question time and not denied by a Manchester muslim leader, do your own home work instead of talking to your mates in the pub
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

chadders1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was raised on BBC question time and not denied by a Manchester muslim leader, do your own home work instead of talking to your mates in the pub

I don't need to, I know it isn't true. Have you tried checking yourself yet?

Here's a link to help you:
http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/...n_donation.jsp

Last edited by chadders1966; Oct 26th 2009 at 12:15 pm. Reason: adding link
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was raised on BBC question time and not denied by a Manchester muslim leader.
Muslim, Jewish or anyone elseś attitudes to blood or organ donation have no place in this thread. 90 minutes ago the topic of discussion was one personś experience in the workplace in Spain & how best to deal with or move on from it, or prevent it happening to others. I may have been responsible for questioning the use of the word race, but I certainly don´t want to be associated with quite so much of a deviation off-topic
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I agree Fiona, however you are right to question the definition of race as it is important in this thread, as it has legal implications if someone is considering taking legal action due to alleged racism...
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chadders1966
I don't need to, I know it isn't true. Have you tried checking yourself yet?

Here's a link to help you:
http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/...n_donation.jsp
Yes, I asked my brothers wife ,former Yemeni citizen and muslim.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am making no comment on whether there is a race issue here, just commenting that this is the reason for the thread. I actually don't think there is a race issue here, instead prejudice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.