Too scared to live in England.

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by bramblebush
One of my biggest reasons for being unsure about returning to England is personal safety for myself and my family.

We are so up and down, we just can't decide what we want.
One day we are going to try and settle and stay then the next day we are desperate to go back to the UK.

Aug 2005 we arrived in France so excited about our new adventure, hating England and believing everything in the papers, yes we got caught up in all the negative stuff.

Feb/Mar 07 we had our first spell of homesickness and admitted to ourselves and to each other that this didn't have to be forever and that it would be ok to return.

April/May 07 the weather was spring like and we decided that we would be mad to give it all up.

Nov/Dec 07 Christmas is looming, we miss family and want to go home.

Christmas came and went we made the most of it and did have a lovely time, decided again that we should stick it out.

Early January we decide we can't stick it out and want to go home.

Then it all gets too complicated to explain, we change from one day to the next.

My main concern is personal safety for all of us, I feel safe here in deepest rural France and to be honest I am scared to live in England.

Can anyone relate to this feeling, I tell myself that it is irrational fear but it still stands in my way.
I don't mean to be rude but what planet are you on?????!!!
Crime happens all over the world,there are nutters everywere. Stay in deep rural france then....cos in deep rural england there are rapists and peadophiles and mass murderers waiting to get you......Now read your post again and realise how stupid it sounds.....No one is asking you to live in Moss Side are they.....Rant over seriousley though it's not all bad when you consider the amount of people in England compared to the size of the country
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by emmals
I don't mean to be rude but what planet are you on?????!!!
Crime happens all over the world,there are nutters everywere. Stay in deep rural france then....cos in deep rural england there are rapists and peadophiles and mass murderers waiting to get you......Now read your post again and realise how stupid it sounds.....No one is asking you to live in Moss Side are they.....Rant over seriousley though it's not all bad when you consider the amount of people in England compared to the size of the country
My thoughts exactly like i said before...'deary me'!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
So you say in every post.......and then go on to do exactly that.

Why the need to mention the burglaries, car thefts etc. in the UK and then say how great everything is in Brisbane

I am not hankering for a Britain of yesteryear....I still live here and do not experience all the crime and other problems others mention.

I also have a big house and money in the bank.

I am only going to live in Brisbane for family reasons.....not because I think Australia is better.

G

.....then why go? Stay in England... already sounds defeatist. Only going for family? No ones forcing you?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robclaridge
.....then why go? Stay in England... already sounds defeatist. Only going for family? No ones forcing you?
Defeatist?

about what?

I intend to go to Australia for a while because I can.

I certainly don't intend it to be forever.....why is that defeatist?.....it's not a competition is it?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

:

Sorry Rob, but you are boring me to tears. Please change the recortd

...then stop boring me with tales of whoa about how much better things are in England and how everything here is so backward and sucks! some of us like it here and are extremly grateful for the opportunities presented to us. I get pissed with people knocking England and also knocking Australia. The expression at work is FIFO. Fit in or FooK off
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

no...no competition. I'm not here in Australia forever necessarily. I'm here for a good time not a long time. I just get annoyed with people knocking both Oz and the UK. Or both come to think of it. I've read everything from hysteria of crime in the UK to the hysteria of being eaten by man eating crocodiles on these forums ...not forgetting education....and want to stick up for both. I'm not going to take sides with or against either nation. It is what it is. It'll either work for you or it won't. I wish you well. But generally people need to accept that it'll work or it won't. We can all make excuses. Miss family, friends etc. No mental preparation prepares you for that. But some people need to ask themself the question is it results or excuses that will prevail

Last edited by robclaridge; Jan 29th 2008 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Did Grayling once sound defeatist? Does he really sound as though he's being forced? Read some of his past posts and you might get an idea of why he's going to Q'land.

We aren't all materialistic and we don't all believe we have an 'enviable lifestyle' as you put it, just because we have a bigger house/pool etc.. To me they mean nothing. You say the same in almost every one of your posts, so why not get on with your 'enviable lifestyle' and let others get on with what they wish to do without criticism?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

no...no competition. I'm not here in Australia forever necessarily. I'm here for a good time not a long time. I just get annoyed with people knocking both Oz and the UK. Or both come to think of it. I've read everything from hysteria of crime in the UK to the hysteria of being eaten by man eating crocodiles on these forums ...not forgeting education....and want to stick up for both. I'm not going to take sides with or against either nation. It is what it is. It'll either work for you or it won't. I wish you well. But generally people need to accept that it'll work or it won't. We can all make excuses. Miss family, friends etc. No mental preparation prepares you for that. But some people need to ask themself the question is it results or excuses that will prevail

....and why can't I simply spend time living between the two countries?

What needs to work for me?

.....and for someone who comments on the 'hysteria' about crime in the UK..... you keep banging on about the crime you experienced......isn't that just fuelling the hysteria?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:00 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

:

Sorry Rob, but you are boring me to tears. Please change the recortd

...then stop boring me with tales of whoa about how much better things are in England and how everything here is so backward and sucks! some of us like it here and are extremly grateful for the opportunities presented to us. I get pissed with people knocking England and also knocking Australia. The expression at work is FIFO. Fit in or FooK off
I am boring you with tales of woe am I? BTW, your spelling is appalling. When have you read me slagging off Oz or telling tales of woe eh? You talk absolute and utter drivel and make it up as you go along. If you don't like reading of other members problems and upsets, then the simple answer is, don't come in the MBTTUK forum!!!!!!

We've been here 11 years, we have never boomeranged, we have stuck it out through thick and thin, which is more than you can admit to. You show no compassion towards other people, it's all "what we did", so please stop torturing yourself and stay out of this forum eh?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

..Sorry... I did not realise I was not aloud to stick up for both nations.. I must be the lone voice. Neither shouting ozzie ozzie ozzie or come on England? I've read loads of your previous posts Georgie girl. Mostly articulate, relevent and sensible. I don't hve to patronise because our paths never meet. But at the same time I do disagree with a lot of your past comments... Why not accept that they are both great places and it suits some and not others. We don't all regret moving here you know... some of us have bettered ourselves materialistically yes... But for me its more than that, its karma and well being.

Last edited by robclaridge; Jan 29th 2008 at 8:10 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:06 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

no...no competition. I'm not here in Australia forever necessarily. I'm here for a good time not a long time. I just get annoyed with people knocking both Oz and the UK. Or both come to think of it. I've read everything from hysteria of crime in the UK to the hysteria of being eaten by man eating crocodiles on these forums ...not forgeting education....and want to stick up for both. I'm not going to take sides with or against either nation. It is what it is. It'll either work for you or it won't. I wish you well. But generally people need to accept that it'll work or it won't. We can all make excuses. Miss family, friends etc. No mental preparation prepares you for that. But some people need to ask themself the question is it results or excuses that will prevail
Why get so annoyed and why even care what other people say about Aus or Uk?? What the hell difference does it make to you? If you are happy and enjoying yourself good luck to you but to waste energy getting annoyed because someone else doesnt feel the same about it????? huh... strange
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

...I give up with some people... Its there opinion and no-one else matters ... I did not realise you had the monopoly of the forum
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:13 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

...I give up with some people... Its there opinion and no-one else matters ... I did not realise you had the monopoly of the forum

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:15 pm
'In limboland'

..Sorry... I did not realise I was not aloud to stick up for both nations.. I must be the lone voice. Neither shouting ozzie ozzie ozzie or come on England? I've read loads of your previous posts Georgie girl. Mostly articulate, relevent and sensible. I don't hve to patronise because our paths never meet. But at the same time I do disagree with a lot of your past comments... Why not accept that they are both great places and it suits some and not others. We don't all regret moving here you now... some of us have bettered ourselves materalistically yes... But for me its more than that, its karma and well being.
It's 'allowed', not 'aloud'.

If you have read my posts then you would see that I like Australia, but love my mother land, nothing wrong with that. When have I not accepted that different countries suit some and not others? There you go, making it up again! I don't regret moving here either, you obviously did otherwise you wouldn't have returned when you did. If you call having more material things around you 'bettering' your life, then I actually feel quite sad for you. I could tell you what we have here but it has no relevance to how I feel because I am not a materialistic person.

As for your saying "I did not realise I was not aloud to stick up for both nations.. I must be the lone voice.
, that sounds like something I would expect from a child. You rather like yourself don't you, 'the lone voice' indeed.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:16 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

This is a pretty good indicator of how ridiculous that statement is, the Uk's murder rate is Tiny, even lower than Canada and Australia
Lots of strongly worded letters written in the UK though, they have to count for something ... call it 500 per murder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.