Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do you really want to come to NZ?

Do you really want to come to NZ?

Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:43 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you really want to come to NZ?

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
We Liverpool are hosting the MTV awards tonight with many famous people from around the globe here. Paul McCartney,Kid Rock,Bono (U2),The Killers etc yes in Liverpool of all places!! Trust me you will settle in Royston Vasey just fine. Six weeks in N.Z. and then you decide you made a mistakethe seat on the aeroplane would have still been warm soft lad. I think its you that needs to do something with your time. Or are you a habitual flyer
Thanks for your wise words Patrick. Always appreciated. And thanks for reminding me Bono is part of U2.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Thanks for your wise words Patrick. Always appreciated. And thanks for reminding me Bono is part of U2.

Quite. I needed reminding about that one..I keep thinking he was part of the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band. Silly me!!

If ever there was a reason to go live in Liverpool its because the MTV awards are on there

And why on earth do you think coming to NZ is going to be a BIG mistake for them..just because it was for you?

Some of us are actually finding IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE AND BEATS LIVING IN THE UK. Sorry for shouting but you are hard to communicate with sometimes Patrick.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:55 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Quite. I needed reminding about that one..I keep thinking he was part of the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band. Silly me!!

If ever there was a reason to go live in Liverpool its because the MTV awards are on there

And why on earth do you think coming to NZ is going to be a BIG mistake for them..just because it was for you?

Some of us are actually finding IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE AND BEATS LIVING IN THE UK. Sorry for shouting but you are hard to communicate with sometimes Patrick.
Do you think the 2007 in his user name was the year of his birth?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Do you think the 2007 in his user name was the year of his birth?
Who knows what the 2007 is for, or indeed why someone who admits NZ is an utter pit would want to post here...of course to save us all from the woes of life in NZ.

The world according to the thoughts of the good man P 2007.

We are saddos STUCK here, all utterly broken and in dire, long term penury. We ALL suffer damp, cold sheds and live a life of misery. Desperate to return to where we really want to be! Namely the UK and primarily Liverpool!! We are ALL living a lie (those happy bods in NZ) as Patrick has realised that no one can be happy in NZ.

All I can say is the self deception is great Patrick!!!!!!! Shame it didn't work for you.

Last edited by Genesis; Nov 6th 2008 at 1:07 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good words Genesis. The only thing good to come out of Liverpool as the OH would say is the football team. Me I hate football. Love living here for the moment though. I have a lovely WARM house, brilliantly INSULATED, positioned for ALL DAY sun - and live on the edge of town with cows in the field at the bottom of the garden. Where would I have that in the overcrowded UK??? (maybe in Liverpool LOL naaahhh!!) My sister recently returned from a trip back to the UK (West Country - far nicer than Liverpool!!!) and even she remarked how bad it was back there. Businesses closing down, shops boarded up and unemployment rife, even Barratt's are having to give their houses away at half price!! So if you are returning back home anyone grab a Barratt home that is if you can afford to put down a BIG deposit due to the banks tightening their grip on the lending LOL !!

Mr P 2007 lives in Cloud Cuckoo land doesn't he. Wonder what it's like there. Perhaps we can all go there to live!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:43 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

What? There are plenty of nice spots around Liverpool......

That is real balderdash......

Cheshire is just down the road with the most affluent parts of the the north of England, far more up-market than most of NZ......with proper houses, history and in some places, even community spirit.....often more than we have in parts of grab-grab-grab, grasping Auckland, NZ!

North is Formby, or example, home of many footballers from all over, and lots of other people with old and new money. I'd bet that some of the kids there get more pocket money than the NZ median wage..........

So what's all this crap.....

And I'm not even a scouser, just a Yamyam who has seen a bit of the UK......and yes I have experienced some of the worst of Liverpool, including having to investigate a triple murder "Resevoir Dogs"-style (with petrol thrown from a bucket) a couple of streets over from Anfield.......

Really, you guys are as bad as the "generalisers" you have a pop at.......:curse:
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shirl
Good words Genesis. The only thing good to come out of Liverpool as the OH would say is the football team. Me I hate football. Love living here for the moment though. I have a lovely WARM house, brilliantly INSULATED, positioned for ALL DAY sun - and live on the edge of town with cows in the field at the bottom of the garden. Where would I have that in the overcrowded UK??? (maybe in Liverpool LOL naaahhh!!) My sister recently returned from a trip back to the UK (West Country - far nicer than Liverpool!!!) and even she remarked how bad it was back there. Businesses closing down, shops boarded up and unemployment rife, even Barratt's are having to give their houses away at half price!! So if you are returning back home anyone grab a Barratt home that is if you can afford to put down a BIG deposit due to the banks tightening their grip on the lending LOL !!

Mr P 2007 lives in Cloud Cuckoo land doesn't he. Wonder what it's like there. Perhaps we can all go there to live!
You sound like me.....hate footy and I too have a warm, dry, C/Heated house with double glazing and all day sun that does not resemble a shed. I also have a rural outlook but alas I am still ready to top myself according to P2007!!!!

If only I could get myself out of this mire and back to the crowds of the UK. I hate all the space here and the empty beaches. Feeling like I belong is awful too. I want to go back to where I never felt right in 45 years.

Oh the total, utter shittiness of being content. Its BLOODY awful!!!:curse:
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Really, you guys are as bad as the "generalisers" you have a pop at.......:curse:[/QUOTE]

Please note I have not had a pop at Liverpool. I Know nothing of it (just that P thinks its the centre of the universe). Thus I am unable to knock it. Its a shame P cannot apply the same rule to other people's lives. How can he know what our state of happiness is..yet he so often states we are all sad and stuck and just wanna get back to the UK.

What is he some kind of soothsayer or just a bitter over-opinionated person who has it in for those happy with their lot in NZ??

Don't think you can't argue that life in the UK however is generally overcrowded..with a few exceptions.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
What? There are plenty of nice spots around Liverpool......

That is real balderdash......

Cheshire is just down the road with the most affluent parts of the the north of England, far more up-market than most of NZ......with proper houses, history and in some places, even community spirit.....often more than we have in parts of grab-grab-grab, grasping Auckland, NZ!

North is Formby, or example, home of many footballers from all over, and lots of other people with old and new money. I'd bet that some of the kids there get more pocket money than the NZ median wage..........

So what's all this crap.....

And I'm not even a scouser, just a Yamyam who has seen a bit of the UK......and yes I have experienced some of the worst of Liverpool, including having to investigate a triple murder "Resevoir Dogs"-style (with petrol thrown from a bucket) a couple of streets over from Anfield.......

Really, you guys are as bad as the "generalisers" you have a pop at.......:curse:

Yep England has history and not just up North but I'd bet those type of kids will never value money and always want the best of everything and will bow to peer pressure or indeed be the one doing the laughing at the poor kids, and be always on the want. What if they fall on hard times (unlikely I know but then never say never) They will not know how to budget and spend wisely they will put everything on the tick. New Zealand is by far a much "nicer" place to bring up kids and the kids here will value what they have to work for later on in life and not feel so pressured by others to have the latest of everything.

You should come down south Lardyl to a more "laid back" lifestyle instead of the grab grab of Auckland
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:05 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

....Don't think you can't argue that life in the UK however is generally overcrowded..with a few exceptions.
yep.

I do agree with most of what you say - you know I would speak otherwise.

what gets my goat is that one "camp" can generalise and the other can't........or at least gets shouted down for doing so, only to be generalised at.........mmm...........
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

You sound like me.....hate footy and I too have a warm, dry, C/Heated house with double glazing and all day sun that does not resemble a shed. I also have a rural outlook but alas I am still ready to top myself according to P2007!!!!

If only I could get myself out of this mire and back to the crowds of the UK. I hate all the space here and the empty beaches. Feeling like I belong is awful too. I want to go back to where I never felt right in 45 years.

Oh the total, utter shittiness of being content. Its BLOODY awful!!!:curse:

Ditto ...

Quick where did I put my valium, the weekend is here, 2 parties to go to and the sun has just come out - I can't cope with all this sunshine and partying. arrrgghhhh
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:10 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Yep England has history and not just up North but I'd bet those type of kids will never value money and always want the best of everything and will bow to peer pressure or indeed be the one doing the laughing at the poor kids, and be always on the want. What if they fall on hard times (unlikely I know but then never say never) They will not know how to budget and spend wisely they will put everything on the tick. New Zealand is by far a much "nicer" place to bring up kids and the kids here will value what they have to work for later on in life and not feel so pressured by others to have the latest of everything.

You should come down south Lardyl to a more "laid back" lifestyle instead of the grab grab of Auckland
I agree with all that - its why I brought my kids here......certainly wasn't for the money, the scenery, the housing, etc, etc.......
also it was for the long term security of a country with lots of space (as Gen says), plenty of rainfall, a decent rural economy, good renewables, some separation from other population centres, that is nuclear free, and speako the lingo......
as far as laid back goes, its pretty horizontal up here and I am glad I don't work in AKL any more......
having said that I love football - playing rather than watching overpaid prima donnas........playing tonight mind......
I'd also like a bit of elitism in higher/further education for the kids......
otherwise all is sweet......
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lardyl
I agree with all that - its why I brought my kids here......certainly wasn't for the money, the scenery, the housing, etc, etc.......
also it was for the long term security of a country with lots of space (as Gen says), plenty of rainfall, a decent rural economy, good renewables, some separation from other population centres, that is nuclear free, and speako the lingo......
as far as laid back goes, its pretty horizontal up here and I am glad I don't work in AKL any more......
having said that I love football - playing rather than watching overpaid prima donnas........playing tonight mind......
I'd also like a bit of elitism in higher/further education for the kids......
otherwise all is sweet......

You can have the scenery and the housing - its just about making the right choices. Money means different things to all of us, some are skint when there is $1000 in the bank others when there is nothing left. I am pleased that all is well with you. All is well with me too - nice feeling isn't it.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:26 pm
you dewty owld maan!

You can have the scenery and the housing - its just about making the right choices. Money means different things to all of us, some are skint when there is $1000 in the bank others when there is nothing left. I am pleased that all is well with you. All is well with me too - nice feeling isn't it.
indeed - NZ has me doing so many more things than I ever did in the UK - we relatively skint though and don't have all the "safeguards" in place........but we have chosen to devote more time to family, kids and our lives - that's why we came.........

glad to hear you are the same.....
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Hey mate......are you sure you are not in Perth.
LOL, No Im not, is Perth that bad then?

I've had the misfortune to be in Lower Hutt this pm, which is totally infested with muppets driving round in their horrible modified cars, loads and loads of them, making a horrible din.

Yuk, if anyone thinks thats a desirable place to live then good luck to them I say.

Does it really bolster their pathetic little egos to make their cars so loud, Jesus its so pathetic . Green NZ ,dont make me laugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.