Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Diggler:I hope you don't end up having to eat your words.Have you been to Oz?Lived there?Or perhaps a holiday with those popular rose tinted glasses on?Perhaps if I lived in Manchester I might feel differently living in England,I don't thank god,but most of the people who whinge about England on these type forums tend to come from up north with a few exceptions of Londoners,another place I'd rather not live.I love where I live,and yes before you reply I have actually lived in Oz for nearly 30 years so do lnow the difference.Cricket1 will pm you ok?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:44 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Diggler:I hope you don't end up having to eat your words.Have you been to Oz?Lived there?Or perhaps a holiday with those popular rose tinted glasses on?Perhaps if I lived in Manchester I might feel differently living in England,I don't thank god,but most of the people who whinge about England on these type forums tend to come from up north with a few exceptions of Londoners,another place I'd rather not live.I love where I live,and yes before you reply I have actually lived in Oz for nearly 30 years so do lnow the difference.Cricket1 will pm you ok?
mmm why up North???? Theres nowt wrong with up North I'm from the North Linc's area.......I'd go along with some people not being happy with living in the big Northern cities, but then isn't that the same for The South
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Just moving back to Gloucs for a mo, we lived there before moving to Spain & OH has just moved UK base from Forest of Dean to near Cirencester, having had a business in Cheltenham - so I know a bit of the county. As someone said, many places have no go areas so Cheltenham & Gloucester are not unusual in that. You mentioned wanting to be somewhere with a pulse - Various parts of Gloucestershire are sufficiently close to motorways to make that feasible, and yes, whoever else it was is right, it's lovely in many different ways. Far west in the Forest (a bit Twin Peaks at times, but gorgeous nonetheless) the price ripples haven't quite got there so if you want rural with reasonable access to Cheltenham or for that matter Bristol over the Severn Bridge, that's a thought. Charity shops in Cheltenham are stonking, thanks to the incomes of those getting rid of their clothes!!!!!
End of sales pitch!
(Oh, and I think the reason the crime figs are looking better may have something to do with the closure of police stations & not logging calls, like someone else said.... but hey ho that's happening all over, I still love the UK & although my Spanish house is truly home, I doubt if Spain will ever feel 'home')
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Sans:I think its fair to say posters on these type forums who refer to the UK as a shithole usually are those from northern cities?I lived in Cumbria for 3 years and loved it but then we lived rurally.Had we (for whatever reason)say moved to Whitehaven then yes I would of been quite happy to get on the next flight back to Oz!So when people refer to the UK as a shithole maybe they should name the town they live in as a shithole because where I live is gorgeous!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:43 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Sans:I think its fair to say posters on these type forums who refer to the UK as a shithole usually are those from northern cities?I lived in Cumbria for 3 years and loved it but then we lived rurally.Had we (for whatever reason)say moved to Whitehaven then yes I would of been quite happy to get on the next flight back to Oz!So when people refer to the UK as a shithole maybe they should name the town they live in as a shithole because where I live is gorgeous!
I think some people who refer to a place as a shit hole Have a deeper problem, other then the toilet they are refering to......

I have a friend who lives just outside Cambridge and she thinks that is a dump ( she's abit too refined to say shit hole ) But then she wants to live in Canada no matter what, so she will only see the negetives. Bless her!!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:47 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

personally I think the people who call the UK a shithole need to get out a bit more and see the real shitholes of this world
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:52 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by elfman
personally I think the people who call the UK a shithole need to get out a bit more and see the real shitholes of this world
I think At least half of those that have left either come back or regret leaving in the first place...

But if we have itchy feet, for whatever reason we carnt ever know until we have lived else where. We may come back broke, but hopefully abit wiser
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:02 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
I think At least half of those that have left either come back or regret leaving in the first place...

But if we have itchy feet, for whatever reason we carnt ever know until we have lived else where. We may come back broke, but hopefully abit wiser
I often seen very high figures for Brits leaving the UK each year but never really seen any concise figures, on how many move back there after a spell abroad. I imagine the percentage would be quite high.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:15 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I often seen very high figures for Brits leaving the UK each year but never really seen any concise figures, on how many move back there after a spell abroad. I imagine the percentage would be quite high.
This forum is only a tiny percentage of the people that leave and return. And every day someone new seems to be posting, that wants to go home.

So yes Jewels i think your very right Were abit like pidgeons
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:20 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

This forum is only a tiny percentage of the people that leave and return. And every day someone new seems to be posting, that wants to go home.

So yes Jewels i think your very right Were abit like pidgeons
Often look up at the sky and see them flying over, in the direction of the UK mostly.........Maybe one of these days I`ll get my rifle out. I imagine there`s some tasty meat on dem bones.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:23 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Often look up at the sky and see them flying over, in the direction of the UK mostly.........Maybe one of these days I`ll get my rifle out. I imagine there`s some tasty meat on dem bones.
Pleased am ORM already......Best be careful tho when you look up, carn't always be lucky
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:26 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Pleased am ORM already......Best be careful tho when you look up, carn't always be lucky
Especially when they`re full of it.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:31 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Especially when they`re full of it.
What??????
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

What??????
As the blind man said after the event
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:45 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

As the blind man said after the event
Poo..I thought you'd come out to play

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.