Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Diggler:I hope you don't end up having to eat your words.Have you been to Oz?Lived there?Or perhaps a holiday with those popular rose tinted glasses on?Perhaps if I lived in Manchester I might feel differently living in England,I don't thank god,but most of the people who whinge about England on these type forums tend to come from up north with a few exceptions of Londoners,another place I'd rather not live.I love where I live,and yes before you reply I have actually lived in Oz for nearly 30 years so do lnow the difference.Cricket1 will pm you ok?
Good for you. (I have no interest in Aus by the way), if i could afford to live and work in Cumbria i would, i love it, but unfortunately, the vast majority of us cant. I am merely passing an opinion (mine) of the current state of the UK in general. If you dont like my opinion of the UK - i dont really care.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Diggler I don't actually live in Cumbria now,I used to.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diggler
If you dont like my opinion of the UK - i dont really care.
Don't really care about yours either.

The opinion of someone who is unable to make a decent life, in a rich country like the UK, is not really worth much.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:20 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coda
I don't get how reading a newspaper and then commenting on the news is "pulling the country down". Perhaps you can explain that to me?

Cricket1, you say you are happy, but to me you sound vindictive and angry. Maybe im wrong, but that's the impression I get. I hope you will get back to England soon. Good luck!
You're a sheep following a headless flock Coda. If you think reading the newspaper gives any true sense of a perceived reality about what really goes in the UK, then you really are just helping to sell newspapers.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:21 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Diggler I don't actually live in Cumbria now,I used to.
I grew up in Cumbria.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
Don't really care about yours either.

That WAS mine ! Have you been drinking ??
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diggler
That WAS mine ! Have you been drinking ??
At 8.0am in the morning?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

cricket1:Cumbria?What a truly wonderful place!The scenery is spectacular!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:22 am
Account Closed

camponotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO

65 million uk residents in a small area
25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk

Oh, please, wakey-wakey, mate!

Are you not aware that most of Australia is totally uninhabited?! Is it news to you that most of the 25 million or whatever it is in Australia live in a about half a dozen specific areas around a major city?!

Thus this statistic is not too far off being totally meaningless in real-life.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kporte
It's truly amazing how quickly any positive thread on this site gets trashed
Yes, because someone always to come up with some nonsensical ''plus'' about Australia (e.g. low population/big country ratio) that sounds fine on paper but is infinitely less impressive/true in reality.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stm1971
It does amaze me the amount of time that some of the so called "loving it" brigade spend on here.

You would think they would all be out there enjoying the "wonderful australian lifestyle".

It seems they have to justify their reason to be here but keep harping on about how great it is to strangers. At least it keeps us entertained. I wish I could be as witty as some of the replies you and others give them but my brain has been dulled after living in this place so long.
Very funny! Perhaps with some truth to it too.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:25 pm
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Originally Posted by cricket1
You're a sheep following a headless flock Coda. If you think reading the newspaper gives any true sense of a perceived reality about what really goes in the UK, then you really are just helping to sell newspapers.
You're a muppet...end of story. I've never heard such drivel in all my life. Go back to school and learn to read and write.

Tell us, Oh enlightened one, what does go on in the UK? Where do you get YOUR information?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Either you guys cut out the insults and carry on a proper discussion, or the thread will be closed. Your choice.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Why close it cos some people are being rude?
Surely it would be better to boot out the offenders? and not punish everyone and close peoples threads down?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:45 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
personally I think the people who call the UK a shithole need to get out a bit more and see the real shitholes of this world
No kidding. Good point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.