Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 8th 2024, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by zj215
How are people shuttling between office and accommodation is it much of a drive, or shuttle buses?
From everything that I’ve heard there are shuttle buses that go between the camps and are adjusted based on timings for demand. There are also pool cars for some teams that can be used.
Old May 8th 2024, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

On another note, a friend of ours that had applied for few jobs directly with NEOM sadly received rejection emails yesterday. Sad that they aren’t progressing further but it was interesting to hear that they received generic rejection emails and they were happy to know where they stand and also signifies that they are going through the 1000s of applications that they have received for all of those jobs that they advertised recently.

We still haven’t heard anything but technically still the 1st week so we are waiting patiently.
Old May 8th 2024, 3:47 am
Just Joined

AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point

For anyone that has been successfully placed by a recruiter, which recruiter did you go through?
Applications via the Neom website feels a little bit like screaming into the void, so I'm looking to speak with a recruiter who has a bit more knowledge on the ground.
Old May 8th 2024, 4:30 am
Just Joined

kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
A question for anyone in the know, I've changed strategy and trying to apply for jobs directly through the Neom website (instead of relying on a recruiter) but do you know if the recruiters are savvy enough to look at my CV and apply it across the board, or will they only focus on reviewing my CV against the job/role I applied for?

Also does anyone know an easy way to tell what roles I've applied for? Construction Manager or Project Manager has at least a dozen roles being advertised all over the place and in different projects, but I can't see a list any where that tells me what roles I've applied for. It's not a good look if I keep applying for the same job 5 times!

Thanks in Advance.
Hi, AusEngineer,
Before coming to this forum, I wasn't even aware if NEOM hires through other recruiters. I have recently applied for a role matching my profile through NEOM website. In response to that, I received an email for a mandatory online psychometric assessment. Attempted it yesterday. I do not know what happens next, but this detail is to let you know that apparently, they do respond to the applications submitted through their website. I am sure you also will.
One more thing, I got the response after updating (basically, improving in terms of structure/design and language etc.) my cv. All previous (multiple applications) were ended up in receiving regret emails without any other correspondence. So, I would recommend you also revise your cv (I do not know if it is needed or not, just saying because I did hear back once I worked on mine).
All the best.
Old May 9th 2024, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the comment!
Old May 9th 2024, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Innovator
last Thursday I was told process will start after 1 week hopefully
has anyone received any written offer OR status changed on the portal from under offer to in offer, in the last one week ?
Old May 9th 2024, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kaygee78
One more thing, I got the response after updating (basically, improving in terms of structure/design and language etc.) my cv. All previous (multiple applications) were ended up in receiving regret emails without any other correspondence. So, I would recommend you also revise your cv (I do not know if it is needed or not, just saying because I did hear back once I worked on mine).
All the best.
I also meant to ask, what did you change about your CV that made it turn gold? Send me a PM if you would prefer.
Old May 9th 2024, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fs05
has anyone received any written offer OR status changed on the portal from under offer to in offer, in the last one week ?
No further forward here and haven’t heard anything from HR or the Director that interviewed. We also have not chased this week as they had said in the last contact 1st week of May but I guess here we are. Like everyone else still waiting.
Old May 10th 2024, 12:24 am
Just Joined

kaygee78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AusEngineer
I also meant to ask, what did you change about your CV that made it turn gold? Send me a PM if you would prefer.
Not really gold, I must say. But I have lately been feeling that the cv needs proper revision (most of my career has been in development sector) as I have been using the same, boring kind of phrases without paying much attention (I restructured it like a decade ago and apart from updates in the experience section, did not bother to do anything else). So, recently decided to restructure it. Put a Professional Summary, Core Competencies and other segments. Then also divided the cv into other segments indicating skills (IT, Publications, other achievements etc.). Worked on language as well (basically, changed from mere job descriptions to achievements etc.). Also, tried to highlight the aspects (by tweaking the language a bit) according to the keywords found in the job description of the position I applied for.
I must also admit that it could be pure luck that i got a response immediately after that. But I would like to think that the 'effort' I put in to revise the cv has also paid off. The reason, I have applied for similar positions before the revision but did not get any response. So, it is logical of me to think this effort also had a part in it.
By the way, I have not received any response after the assessment that I have referred to in the last comment. But I kinda hope I will hear from them (it has only been 3 days so far) since the 'assessment' didn't go that bad at all.
Cheers.

Last edited by kaygee78; May 10th 2024 at 12:28 am.
Old May 10th 2024, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
It seems like some tax rules changing from 2025 for income outside the UK
not clear but will this apply to people earning outside of UK (job in Neom etc) :
Any thoughts / comments are more than welcome

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ed-individuals

https://www.litrg.org.uk/internation...come-and-gains
Old May 11th 2024, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Alex90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
Nothing changed for me; now it is the 2nd week of May !!
If you have received any feedback or if there is any progress, please let us know. I hope that all of us will be hired very soon ..

Thanks a lot
Old May 11th 2024, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Innovator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
Nothing changed for me; now it is the 2nd week of May !!
If you have received any feedback or if there is any progress, please let us know. I hope that all of us will be hired very soon ..

Thanks a lot
I was informed things are going to get sorted end of 1st week of May after which hiring process will resume. However im also hearing rumours that budget won't be approved until june/july
Old May 11th 2024, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear the budget is approved, happened at the end of the week.

​​There's been cuts though, so expect it to take a bit for departments to figure out how this impacts hiring.

People are still being hired, just not in huge numbers currently (20 or so a week).
Old May 11th 2024, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Innovator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gentleben
I hear the budget is approved, happened at the end of the week.

​​There's been cuts though, so expect it to take a bit for departments to figure out how this impacts hiring.

People are still being hired, just not in huge numbers currently (20 or so a week).
Great. Fingers crossed
Old May 12th 2024, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Balimum8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bankai10
Hi All,

Firstly very useful forum and lots of great advice. I have some questions which I was unable to find, would be great to get some feedback.

1. School Allowance - How many children does the allowance cover?

2. I understand schooling is reimbursed after you pay. If I join 1st July, do i have to wait a full year before schooling allowance kicks in? Or say can I request reimbursement for the 1st Aug term payment?

3. What's the AC situation for NC2? Does it still get hot humid with AC during summer?

4. If you rent a car monthly to drive from NC2 to NC1 is 3k SAR a realistic estimate?

5. Can you use your holiday in conjunction with your 2 remote days a month? E.g remote work Sunday, Monday and annual leave Tue to Thurs?

6. Rough ideas on per diem for any business trips?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I can only reply on your question 2.

We just got reimbursed yesterday. Took about 3 days to be approved, they transfer the payment as we speak.
Make sure you send the paid invoice only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.