Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Originally Posted by london_lad
Great. Its all a matter of personal choice. I am glad Jamworld was able to come to a conclusion, whatever it was.

I am in a friggin different league than most of you. How many of you can put hand on heart and say they were making 110k+GBP at the age of 30? I am doing that for past 2.5 years, so dont come judging me or comparing me to your lowly selves.

I wanted to give an honest advice. Stay on the breadline or survive out in ME with about 20 to 30k in his pocket every year (according to his own calculations earlier in the post). I would pick ME any day compared to being on the dole, when everything seems to be going south in Blighty. Call me selfish but I am an investment wanker and that's how we roll.
I've corrected that for you (& your outsize ego)...
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

banker wanker
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

ha meow- great minds think alike!
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Great. Its all a matter of personal choice. I am glad Jamworld was able to come to a conclusion, whatever it was.

I am in a friggin different league than most of you. How many of you can put hand on heart and say they were making 110k+GBP at the age of 30? I am doing that for past 2.5 years, so dont come judging me or comparing me to your lowly selves.

I wanted to give an honest advice. Stay on the breadline or survive out in ME with about 20 to 30k in his pocket every year (according to his own calculations earlier in the post). I would pick ME any day compared to being on the dole, when everything seems to be going south in Blighty. Call me selfish but I am an investment banker and that's how we roll.
Your a ******* egotistical arse if you ask me..............

And before you judge I dont think anyone on here has posted what they earn on this board........

At least if you are on the dole in the UK you can have accommodation and feed yourself, here you get **** all and he wont have 20-30k in his pocket as people have pointed out.

I would go to Dubai if I was you that's where most of the egotistical no marks in the UK end up
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to give an honest advice....Call me selfish but I am an investment banker and that's how we roll.
Your advice (probably quite similar to your investment advice) was based on having no first hand knowledge or experience on the subject.

If you are just on a wind up, you have peaked too early
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
This is quite a change from the guy who needed 100k sterling for himself and his wife only to live in Doha.
Your post has so many character revealing traits its hard to see which one is the most dominant:

insecure both in career and status
possibly racist
disdain towards poorer elements of society

Take your pick.
Ok this is hilarious. It is a well known fact that caucasian expats from western countries get more salary than their non-caucasian counterparts. So my point was to show that it is affecting even at the higher end of the expat food chain.

I do not have any disdain towards poorer elements of society. My very first job after graduation paid me £40 per month and wasn't in UK. So don't tell me that I have disdain for poorer elements. I made the journey myself from £40 per month to where I am now in 12 years.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Your advice (probably quite similar to your investment advice) was based on having no first hand knowledge or experience on the subject.

If you are just on a wind up, you have peaked too early
Goodness, you lot are so quick to jump to conclusion. This is the third one. First was when someone thought I dont have a house in UK to rent, second one was that I am single, and now the fact that I dont have experience of Middle East. I was BORN in Middle East and left at the age of 14 then later spent 3 years of my professional life in Middle East, but that was 9 years ago. This is why I came here to understand how cost of living has changed to be able to make my decision.

Last edited by london_lad; Jun 7th 2012 at 10:08 am.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Your a ******* egotistical arse if you ask me..............

And before you judge I dont think anyone on here has posted what they earn on this board........

At least if you are on the dole in the UK you can have accommodation and feed yourself, here you get **** all and he wont have 20-30k in his pocket as people have pointed out.

I would go to Dubai if I was you that's where most of the egotistical no marks in the UK end up
Call it an educated frigging guess. I asked openly, how much were you REALLY earning out here in UK at the age of 30? The answer would be "less than you Sir" in MAJORITY of cases.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:11 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness, you lot are so quick to jump to conclusions. This is the third time. The first one was when someone thought I dont (have) own a house in the UK to rent, second one was that I am single (How someone puts up with an arse like you is beyond me), and now the fact that I dont have experience of the Middle East. I was BORN in the Middle East. I spent 3 years of my life in the Middle East, but that was 9 years ago. This is why I came here to understand how the cost of living has changed to be able to make my decision.
English is not a requirement for Investment Bankers then?? I hope your maths is better...........
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:14 am
Shark Fisherman

Call it an educated frigging guess. I asked openly, how much were you REALLY earning out here in UK at the age of 30? The answer would be "less than you Sir" in MAJORITY of cases.
In my experience, anyone that has to tell strangers what they earn, divide what they say by 2.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'll come back and tell you what I earn in 6 years when I'm 30.

Now, as someone a few years your junior, it gives me great pleasure to tell you to grow up you tidalwave******.

Last edited by Sue; Jul 27th 2012 at 12:10 pm. Reason: Magic eraser, don't use that word. Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

English is not a requirement for Investment Bankers then?? I hope your maths is better...........
Yes it is not, and couldnt give a rat a** about focusing on what i write for you lot.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'll come back and tell you what I earn in 6 years when I'm 30.

Now, as someone a few years your junior, it gives me great pleasure to tell you to grow up you tidalwavecunt.
ok village boy. keep opening doors for old ladies like a twat, learn to say thank you please too while you're at it.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

In my experience, anyone that has to tell strangers what they earn, divide what they say by 2.
Keep saying that to yourself if it makes you feel better.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

ok village boy. keep opening doors for old ladies like a twat, learn to say thank you please too while you're at it.
Opening doors for other people is called courtesy and good manners. Something that you seem to be sadly lacking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.