Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 16th 2016, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by MrGateux
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say we received the update and electronic form of the COPR today, much earlier than expected which was a pleasant early Christmas present. Thank you everyone in the forum, not sure we would of been able to put the application together so quickly and efficiently without your help and guidance, especially SchnookoLoly who answered my initial questions 6/7 months ago.

Thanks once again,

MrGateux
Fantastic - congratulations! I am also excited for myself as you had sponsor approval on the same day as me!

Spreadsheet updated.

Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR in the mail so we can close off your entry.....
Old Dec 16th 2016, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

I had 2 emails from CIC this morning...just logged into check and I have had my PR application approved one of the messages, is regarding Section 51 and the other is about the COPR.

I am currently in Canada so hopefully I will receive the letter in a week or two. I am currently in Canada visiting, my passport has been stamped for the normal 6 months maximum stay, the COPR should be posted to the Canadian address that I have specified, if not I will pop down to the Immigration centre and I assume they can print it there or potentially at a border crossing.

Early Christmas present

Last edited by HighCeiling; Dec 16th 2016 at 4:21 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighCeiling
I had 2 emails from CIC this morning...just logged into check and I have had my PR application approved one of the messages, is regarding Section 51 and the other is about the COPR.

I am currently in Canada so hopefully I will receive the letter in a week or two. I am currently in Canada visiting, my passport has been stamped for the normal 6 months maximum stay, the COPR should be posted to the Canadian address that I have specified, if not I will pop down to the Immigration centre and I assume they can print it there or potentially at a border crossing.

Early Christmas present
Getting a few through now, congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when you get your paper COPR so we can close off your entry.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Getting a few through now, congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when you get your paper COPR so we can close off your entry.
I certainly will. it comes next week and I can activate it.

As I am in Canada and my mailing address is in Canada, I am assuming the COPR will be sent from London (as that is Visa Office that my application went to), using Canada Post once it enters Canada I assume. Has anyone who recently received COPR had to sign for it in Canada or has it just been dropped in the mailbox? ... I expect at least a 2 week wait due to the festive period.

Last edited by HighCeiling; Dec 16th 2016 at 6:32 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I certainly will. it comes next week and I can activate it.

As I am in Canada and my mailing address is in Canada, I am assuming the COPR will be sent from London (as that is Visa Office that my application went to), using Canada Post once it enters Canada I assume. Has anyone who recently received COPR had to sign for it in Canada or has it just been dropped in the mailbox? ... I expect at least a 2 week wait due to the festive period.
Check out post 14131 a few pages back on this thread, I think that answers your question.....
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hey Hoyler,

It isn't courrier. It's just Canada Post signed for. I used my sponsor's sister's address. She wasn't in when it arrived so they left a slip at her place. I then picked that up and went to the local post office with ID to retrieve the CoPR.

So unfortunately you'll have to rely on your friends to sign for it or at least let you know it's being held at the post office.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
There we go, thank you
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Background check now in progress. Any idea how long it takes from here?
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Mine took one day to change to Decision Made and get the COPR notification ... I was expecting it to take 2 months!

Last edited by HighCeiling; Dec 16th 2016 at 8:38 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Only been a few months since we have had this level of information via MyCIC, but early indications are that it is day or weeks not months!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Does background check in progress mean that they have considered the substantive part of the application (evidence of relationship, etc)?
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Does background check in progress mean that they have considered the substantive part of the application (evidence of relationship, etc)?
That was my assumption. Background check I assume to mean police, employment and where you have lived.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Could be part of it, but it would mainly be 'secret' checks, terrorist watch list etc. known criminals etc.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

I have just checked the address information that CIC have put in the letter saying that I have been approved (not the COPR letter) and they seem to have the address wrongly formatted. They have missed out the Province and put the house number after the road, not being an expert on Canada Post, does anyone know if this will cause any delays?

On the Section 51 letter that I have downloaded they have the mailing address in the correct format. So I have no idea which address format they are going to use.

Also, ECAS hasn't updated to show the correct mailing address so I don't know if the letter will actually go to the UK or Canada. My assumption is the Canadian one.

Last edited by HighCeiling; Dec 17th 2016 at 5:56 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 3:03 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I have just checked the address information that CIC have put in the letter saying that I have been approved (not the COPR letter) and they seem to have the address wrongly formatted. They have missed out the Province and put the house number after the road, not being an expert on Canada Post, does anyone know if this will cause any delays?

On the Section 51 letter that I have downloaded they have the mailing address in the correct format. So I have no idea which address format they are going to use.

Also, ECAS hasn't updated to show the correct mailing address so I don't know if the letter will actually go to the UK or Canada. My assumption is the Canadian one.
If you emailed them the change of address and they acknowledged it, then it should be fine. I wouldn't worry about the address formatting, as slong as all the information is there and the postcode is right then it should be fine. (I had a package once with all my right info but the province was left as Alberta instead of Ontario, stupid drop-down menu thing that I didn't spot, but the rest of the info was correct and the package arrived just fine.)

If you haven't received COPR in about two weeks, keeping in mind the holidays etc messing things up, then just drop a case-specific email saying you aren't certain about the address since ECAS has the wrong one but you just wanted to check.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

nemsling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! Want to add my details to the timeline for family class sponsorship - delighted that we got the 'decision made' on saturday night.. will be even happier when we get confirmation about what the decision is... but we applied on june 8th, 2016, my husband was approved on August 3rd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.